GMC vs Chevy

Started by Fire It Up, May 13, 2005, 08:11:48 PM

Fire It Up

What do GMC trucks have that Chevy trucks don't? My friend said thaey have better engines...I wasnt sure, and I think some people here might know.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

I don't know for sure, (I'm not much of a truck person) but I think the GMC trucks have better hardware...such as engines and heavier duty towing and what not...I assume this because GMC does only trucks...so they probably are heavier duty and better than the Chevy's as far as "truck duties" go...

FlatBlackCaddy

To my knowledge they are pretty much the same(physically). I know parts interchange for just about everything.

ifcar

QuoteWhat do GMC trucks have that Chevy trucks don't? My friend said thaey have better engines...I wasnt sure, and I think some people here might know.
You can get better engines on the high-end Denali versions, but the vehicles are identical in their mainstream variants.  

TBR

The Sierra/Yukon Denali have a bigger, more powerful engine than their Chevrolet clones as well as AWD instead of 4WD. I believe most models also have more available options but otherwise they are pretty much the same.

TurboDan

The only thing I'd really care about  with those vehicles is an upgraded suspension, for the most part.  And don't the Z71 models in the Chevy range cover that?

giant_mtb

QuoteThe only thing I'd really care about  with those vehicles is an upgraded suspension, for the most part.  And don't the Z71 models in the Chevy range cover that?
I would assume so.

hahn

The GMCs have a slightly higher standard equipment list and a slightly higher base MSRP.  However, a Chevy can be equipped exactly the same as a GMC, with the engine and AWD differences (Denali) that was noted earlier.

GM's marketing scheme is for the GMCs to be more upscale, and the Chevy to be the everyman's truck.

With options and rebates, the price difference is generally a wash though.

I prefer the styling of the GMC, I've never warmed up to the Avalanche treatment that Chevy does to all their trucks.