Best-selling cars of July 2011

Started by ifcar, August 02, 2011, 08:45:22 PM

ifcar

Camry back on top for passenger cars, and some other turnover on the best-seller list: http://www.examiner.com/cars-in-national/top-20-best-selling-cars-of-july-2011

Atomic

the honda accord did far better at #11 than i had anticipated with the earthquake... that should have things running back at "normal speeds" by september, i believe. the 2012 civic will only be up to only 50% capacity and be "relaunched" by honda, as i do not think even the "si", hybrid and NG versions have reached showrooms yet. our area dealers have none, with many on order, but sales figures obviously reflect deliveries only. it is good to see some vehicles (typically "lagers") moving up, although i wonder the "retail vs. fleet" ratio sales numbers. still, a great boost. with the present camry leading the pack again, i can only imagine what a newer and "even better" model will do. great report, iffy! 

Atomic

just read this morning that the jeep wranger had its best month in history. amazing. the article pointed out what i was thinking all the while... a surge in sales just prior to the introduction of the more fuel efficient, higher power and smoothness (even for jeep) pentastar V6 with new transmission (5 or 6 speed, as I recall)... heck, i would wait  ;)

ifcar

Best-sellers by class:

Subcompact cars: Kia Soul
Compact cars: Chevrolet Cruze
Midsize cars: Toyota Camry
Large cars: Chevrolet Impala
Entry-luxury cars: BMW 3-Series
Luxury cars: Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Compact SUVs: Ford Escape
Midsize SUVs: Chevrolet Equinox
Large SUVs: Chevrolet Traverse
Entry-luxury SUVs: Buick Enclave
Luxury SUVs: Mercedes-Benz GL
Vans: Toyota Sienna
Pickups: Ford F-Series

Full top-10 sales charts at link: http://www.examiner.com/cars-in-national/best-selling-cars-of-july-2011-by-class

And if you haven't been doing so already, checking the most recent number's sales position against the previous month's and YTD can help suggest whether this month's sales position is typical, a fluke, or a new trend.

Atomic

i am stunned at the number of kia soul's on the sales chart. i really see one.

would be cool to learn what honda is cooking up to replace the element. thinking box (i.e., nissan cube, kia soul, scion xb) vs. funky (i.e., nissan juke).