Cadillac Ciel!!!!

Started by the Teuton, August 18, 2011, 08:25:26 PM

the Teuton

From Motor Trend

Details to follow..
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

the Teuton

Quote from: 68_427 on August 18, 2011, 08:30:47 PM
HAWT AS FUCK

Definitely. Trying to find out specs for it. I knew something fullsize was coming, but I didn't know what. Question: Answered.

Colonel Cadillac

Now THAT is a cool concept car! Makes the Colonel proud  :lol:

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Mustangfan2003

So what's under the hood of that badboy?

CJ

Mustangfan2003

Found the answer to my own question, power is from a 426hp 3.6 V6
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/18/cadillac-ciel-concept-designed-for-decadent-drives-up-the-coast/

Was expecting some huge V8 but that isn't bad

the Teuton

i wasn't. The Cadillac V8 is dead for the moment.

Mustangfan2003

I knew the Northstar replacement got scraped.  Looks like they are just going to have the LS engines for the V series cars and the Vortec in the Escalade

68_427

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on August 18, 2011, 09:03:09 PM
I knew the Northstar replacement got scraped.  Looks like they are just going to have the LS engines for the V series cars and the Vortec in the Escalade

For the Gen V V8s they are supposed to be the same.  But we'll see.
'racecar is die'
no

Mustangfan2003

I knew a rumor was kicked around about using the baby Duramax in Cadillacs, but that got scraped too. 

Mustangfan2003

So Lincoln, it's your move now. 

the Teuton

BTW, Cadillac is not one of my assignments, so don't blame me for not knowing everything in advance.

2o6

Wouldn't be surprised if this became the model above the XTS.

Rupert

It's just a modern '70s 'vert. Looks good, but reminds me too much of stupid old boats. It's huge.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

2o6

Reminds me of the MB Ocean Drive concept:

Vinsanity

Rupert

Has that Benz solidly beat.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

the Teuton

Which reminded me of this:

Atomic

Quote from: the Teuton on August 18, 2011, 09:00:55 PM
i wasn't. The Cadillac V8 is dead for the moment.

except for the large truck-based escalade suv... even that, i do not think the V8 is a cadillac "northstar V8" or is it  :huh: ?

the show-car BTW is super hot. lincoln did something similar with its 1960s inspired sedan, but unlike ford, i think GM will push this design through. it will have to be more than a coupe and convertible, but rather offer a sedan variant, too, to sell in large volumes...

another good article, BTW:

http://www.sportscarillustrated.com/News_2011/D/news11_397.html

Schadenfreude

From an engineering perspective, the car is very buildable. Some things would have to be tweaked for production, but other than that, you could build it.

Tave

That is all kinds of bad ass.

It reminds me a little of that Dusenberg sketch that floated around a couple years ago.

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ChrisV

Absolutely love it. yeah, it's a throwback to the big Eldorados of the '60s (specifically '65-66) but that's the point. We NEED that at the top again. It's also more Lincoln than Lincoln, with a lot of nod to the '63-65 Lincoln 4 door convertibles.

I've got this as my wallpaper now:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Oh, and throw a roof on it and I'd bet youre looking at the next D segment competitor.

2o6

This looks to be E or F segment, actually.

Laconian

Wow, that has tons of presence.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ChrisV

Quote from: 2o6 on August 19, 2011, 09:16:55 AM
This looks to be E or F segment, actually.

Whatever the S class and 7 series are, this is about the same size.