Your favorite + least favorite LAMBORGHINI

Started by cawimmer430, August 24, 2011, 10:55:11 AM

cawimmer430

Favorite: Tie between the Miura and the ugly Countach. Yep, the Countach is butt ugly, but that's part of its appeal to me. Plus it's a symbol of the '80s (despite being developed and produced in the '70s). The Countach needs a spoiler at the back. It looks naked without one.

Least Favorite: Lamborghini Jarama

God, this thing was so hideously ugly. And after seeing one in person at a classic car show, it still remains my least favorite Lamborghini. Even the name sucks.  :tounge:

The design just seems like "such a jumbled up mess" to me. Hideous car. AFAIK it wasn't nicely received by the automotive press either.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT666

Vinsanity

wow, I'm pretty sure that's the exact same Countach poster I had in my room when I was a kid!

I love the Countach; both the minimalistic early models as well as the over-the-top later ones. The early ones make me think of chic European high fashion, and the later ones are 1980's gaudiness at its finest. The Miura is one of the most beautiful cars ever made, but the sad truth is that all the early Lambos were extremely tempermental, and not suited for use in the real world. The Gallardo would probably be the one most suitable for real-world usage, but it's kind of ubiquitous (for an exotic).

It's hard to choose a favorite Lambo; their formula has changed very little since the Miura set the world on fire, so every Lambo that's arrived since has derived from that lineage. I do have a special place in my heart for the Diablo, though, as my biggest pubescent car crush.

SVT666

The Diablo is why I bought my first Road & Track.

NomisR

Favorite, Diablo

Least Favorite: 

I wouldn't mind getting a LM002, much cooler than a HMMWV

Onslaught

Northlands

Least Favorite:

The Espada.

Favorite:

The Murcielago is all kinds of hot.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

93JC

Favourite is a tough call. I'm not particularly enthused by Lamborghinis, but I do prefer them to Ferraris or any other 'supercar'.

I'd say my favourite is the Gallardo, with the Diablo not far behind, and honourable mentions to the Murcielago, Countach and Miura.

My least favourite is easy: the LM002.

Vinsanity

I'm not sure I'd hate on the Lambo tractors. If I had a farm and needed a tractor, why not a Lambo? ;)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Favorite: Countach in white with the front and rear spoiler.
Least favorite: Jalpa.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Byteme

Quote from: Vinsanity on August 29, 2011, 05:14:18 PM
I'm not sure I'd hate on the Lambo tractors. If I had a farm and needed a tractor, why not a Lambo? ;)

If I were a farmer in the US I'd want a tractor that I could get parts for immediately if something broke.  Crops or planting season won't wait for that part to be shipped from Italy.  I could be wrong and parts for a Lambo may be as easy to get in Iowa as are parts for a Case or John Deere, but I kind of doubt it.

Galaxy

Quote from: MiataJohn on August 30, 2011, 06:18:19 AM
If I were a farmer in the US I'd want a tractor that I could get parts for immediately if something broke.  Crops or planting season won't wait for that part to be shipped from Italy.  I could be wrong and parts for a Lambo may be as easy to get in Iowa as are parts for a Case or John Deere, but I kind of doubt it.

Today the Lambo-tractors are badge engineered with the German Deutz tractors.

Not sure how much of a presence Deutz has in the USA, (personally I have seen only one Deutz over there) however internationally they are one of the largest agricultural companies.

Hachee

Quote from: Northlands on August 29, 2011, 04:12:26 PM
Least Favorite:

The Espada.

Favorite:

The Murcielago is all kinds of hot.

I love the Espada! 

I love pretty much all, especially in unadulterated, early forms before special editions and modifications start as series age.

I'll agree with Wimmer on the Jalpa.  Never looked good, and still doesn't.

Morris Minor

Lamborghini Marzal - the prototype that spawned the Espada
:wub:
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Northlands

Quote from: Hachee on September 01, 2011, 11:10:43 AM

I love the Espada! 

I love pretty much all, especially in unadulterated, early forms before special editions and modifications start as series age.

I can't say I quite hate any Lamborghinis, but the Espada just doesn't have a Lambo feel when I look at it. It looks like a domestic to me. Still not an awful car though.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

cawimmer430

Quote from: Hachee on September 01, 2011, 11:10:43 AM

Jarama my dear Hachee, Lamborghini Jarama:lol:

Although the Jalpa is also down there with being one of the ugliest and least appealing Lamborghini's ever made.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Vinsanity on August 29, 2011, 05:14:18 PM

One of my friends who lives deep in the Bayerischer Wald, his father has several tractors and they recently bought a Lamborghini tractor about a year ago. According to him it "drives pretty nicely".  :lol:

And according to him it's fun telling people you have a "Lamborghini" in your garage.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de