New Fiat Panda!

Started by 2o6, August 30, 2011, 05:07:34 PM

2o6

Awh, how cute!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/30/fiat-previews-updated-panda-ahead-of-frankfurt/

Exterior doesn't really wow me, but that interior looks very good.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Soup DeVille

The interior looks very well lit and well photographed, but other than that, is unremarkable.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 30, 2011, 05:18:06 PM
The interior looks very well lit and well photographed, but other than that, is unremarkable.

I fear you may be right.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on August 30, 2011, 05:18:44 PM
I fear you may be right.

I just have the feeling that that biege plastic that glows and shimmers in the photograph would be about as shimmery as the finish on my rubbermaid garbage can in real life.

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Mustangfan2003

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Tave on August 30, 2011, 05:40:17 PM
Is it coming Stateside?

I think some sort of Fiat SUV is going to replace the Liberty and the Nitro. 

Galaxy

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 30, 2011, 05:22:07 PM
I just have the feeling that that biege plastic that glows and shimmers in the photograph would be about as shimmery as the finish on my rubbermaid garbage can in real life.

Well, the Panda supposedly starts at under ?10,000. For that price range I actually think it looks quite good.  It certainly looks a lot better then:

Soup DeVille

All I'm saying is: let's not be dazzled by the photography.

2o6

Raza

The old model looked much better.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Atomic

super sharp interior! best dash in class, imo. the vehicle would look 100% better without the visual illusion of stubbiness from the use of black side door protectors and trim. in a solid color, it would look fluid and flow far better.

ChrisV

Bigger pics...

VERY italian in design, a bit mod, and a bit retro in the interior.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Byteme

If you are going to name a car the "Panda" it needs these wheels. 

heelntoe

The exterior looks too VWish. I love the interior though!
@heelntoe

2o6

The car looks all around bigger. Those rear seats have three belts, instead of the old model's two.

I think Fiat may try and sell this in the USA....

ChrisV

There's talk of it coming to the US to replace the Jeep Compass. It would be better left as a Fiat and sold alongside the 500.

I prefer the old one in 100hp form, however, but this could out-Fit the Fit, and be a smaller alternative to the Soul.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

cawimmer430

It looks nice. Boring, but nice. But a new, FRESH, design was needed since the current Panda has aged rather badly. And - they're a very common sight here which means their styling gets rather boring quickly.

I'm sure if a current Fiat Panda was seen in the US by Carspinners, they'd freak out and love it as I would if I saw a Dodge Diplomat or St. Regis here.  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CJ

The difference is that the Panda is a good car and the Diplomat and St. Regis are complete shit.

cawimmer430

Quote from: CJ on August 31, 2011, 01:52:34 PM
The difference is that the Panda is a good car and the Diplomat and St. Regis are complete shit.

Sure, but those big Dodges looked awesome! STILL DO.

And the current Panda is "decent" at best. A friend of mine has one. Had a ride in it. It feels cheaply built and put together but has been very reliable on the other hand.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

CJ

They aren't expensive cars, especially compared to your family's BMW or E350.  Those are very well built cars with high quality materials.  I'd expect it to be built somewhat cheaply, seeing as it isn't an expensive car.

cawimmer430

Quote from: CJ on August 31, 2011, 02:02:35 PM
They aren't expensive cars, especially compared to your family's BMW or E350.  Those are very well built cars with high quality materials.  I'd expect it to be built somewhat cheaply, seeing as it isn't an expensive car.

Cheaply-built and made cars can still be very reliable. Many French economy cars of the '60s and '70s are examples of this. Their bodies rusted before the mechanicals for instance. And many are still running in North Africa and in the Middle East.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

NomisR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 31, 2011, 02:10:27 PM
Cheaply-built and made cars can still be very reliable. Many French economy cars of the '60s and '70s are examples of this. Their bodies rusted before the mechanicals for instance. And many are still running in North Africa and in the Middle East.

You're talking about Italian cars...