Ooooo! Oooooo!

Started by Catman, September 29, 2005, 11:10:24 AM

Catman

2007 Shelby GT500 convertible
Here's the next pony in the Ford Mustang corral, the 2007 Shelby GT500 convertible, which arrives next summer alongside its stablemate, the GT500 coupe. Set for a Detroit auto show premiere in January, the drop-top GT500 gets the same hardware as the coupe: a supercharged 5.4-liter V8 producing upward of 450 hp, making it the most powerful factory-built Mustang convertible ever. Ford says the convertible weighs in at only 150 pounds more than the coupe, and features a cloth top (vs. the vinyl top on the standard GT convertible). The legendary Carroll Shelby is at the helm.

Tom

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Tom

I'm waiting for someone to say something like "Sexy!  And the car's not bad either."

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

This is precisely the car that I want.  It fits all of my needs.  

When does it come out?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

QuoteI'm waiting for someone to say something like "Sexy!  And the car's not bad either."
Man, I'd like to exhibit some body roll on that chassis!  ;)  Oh, and I want to drive the Stang, too.  :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

I'll take a coupe, please. Or better yet, a Zoh6. :praise:

footoflead

:rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:

I love it... B)  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

QuoteThis is precisely the car that I want.  It fits all of my needs.  

When does it come out?
Do you have reading comprehension problems or something? This is the first complete sentence in this thread:
"Here's the next pony in the Ford Mustang corral, the 2007 Shelby GT500 convertible, which arrives next summer alongside its stablemate, the GT500 coupe."

;) :lol:

thewizard16

Wow he's old. Nice car, though.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

saxonyron

If this car doesn't get your blood flowing, chances are you're dead!  450 HP in a Shelby-tuned rocket?  Where's my disposable income when I need it!!

(My Expedition has the same 5.4L V8, delivering 260 HP.  They've shredded another 190 HP out of it? My God, what they must have done to that motor!  I'll bet it sounds incredible - even with the Supercharger whine.  B) )

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Ron From Regina

I can't believe the car, that is supposed to be king of the Mustangs, doesn't come with the interior upgrade package (unless it is just on this test car.)

The black plastic interior doesn't do it for me.

thewizard16

QuoteI can't believe the car, that is supposed to be king of the Mustangs, doesn't come with the interior upgrade package (unless it is just on this test car.)

The black plastic interior doesn't do it for me.
Oh, I hadn't noticed that. I just assumed it'd have the GT interior.  <_<  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Ron From Regina

QuoteOh, I hadn't noticed that. I just assumed it'd have the GT interior.  <_<
The GT was available with and without. Without the interior looks way to cheap, IMO.
Unfortunatly, only about 30% of 05 GT's actually had it, and is why I had to wait almost 6 months for my car, as this feature was back ordered, forever.

Without:

With:

TBR

I think it actually looks better without the chrome. I have never wanted an American car like I want this one, will someone loan me 40k? ;)

JYODER240

somebody help me! i don't know whats wrong but this car does nothing for me. I love the coupe but the convertable just looks kinda...blah.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

JYODER240

Edit: double post
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

I think I actually prefer the convertible, which is unusual since I normally don't care for convertibles.

Raza

You know, I don't like the front fascia on the GT500 models.  The normal GT is nicer.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

Expected Price of the Coupe?

It would be nice to see a comparison between the GT500 coupe and the Charger SRT-8.

Raza

40 grand even, I hear.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

QuoteYou know, I don't like the front fascia on the GT500 models.  The normal GT is nicer.
Agreed. I like the GT, I'd only seen the "with" interior option. I don't know why they couldn't have given that car the other engine offerings. (with some sporty looking exterior modifications, of course)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Catman

I think the interior probably looks better in person, it supposedly has a leather covered dash, etc. B)  

TBR

Okay, just noticed the hood vents. Those look very tacky :(

Raza

Yeah, I don't dig the vents.  Should have gone with hood colored louvres a la Jag XKR.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

Maybe they'll sell it with a body color option...