***Audi Museum PART 5***

Started by cawimmer430, September 04, 2011, 04:31:20 PM

cawimmer430

PART 5

1970 Audi 50 LS - contrary to popular belief Volkswagen took the same platform and made their Polo out of it - not the other way around.

1974 Audi 80

Cutout of an Audi 80

1969 Audi 100 - my grandparents had one of these in blue in the early 1980s and I remember riding in it. Contrary to what Consumer Reports wants you to believe, ours was dead reliable.

1965 Audi 72 Coupe

1965 DKW F102

Europe's Ford Thunderbird - the Auto Union 1000 SP!

1960 DKW Junior

1977 NSU Ro-80 :wub:

After a tour of the museum, Colin and I ate at the Audi Museum restaurant. Good stuff. Here's a crappy video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSzVG9gkhOA

Then we spent some time in the new car showroom. Listen to my sexy voice as me and Colin examine these gorgeous masterpieces.  :praise:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAHMurbQciU

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgSwJeEL9o

And here's Colin's next car. He ordered it last week. When will it arrive at your place in the UK, Colin?  :lol:

END OF PART 5
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

r0tor

Not alot of love for NSU there?  Bastards...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Colin

Yes, a bit surprising... but remember that Auto Union (Audi) and NSU only merged in the late 1960s, so until then NSU was a separate company.

At least they do have the wonderful RO80 there, though......... an elegant looking car even now.

r0tor

They need to fully embrace their rotary history and heritage  :devil:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

Quote from: r0tor on September 06, 2011, 06:40:11 AM
They need to fully embrace their rotary history and heritage  :devil:

:lol:

The companies that merged to form Audi have quite interesting histories. NSU was placed emphasis on Wankel engines, DKW preferred two-stroke engines and Audi offered the unusual longitude mounted engine + FWD layout (later Quattro).

How's the fuel consumption on your Mazda RX-8 by the way? I know an owner here and he doesn't want to talk about it.  :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

Quote from: r0tor on September 05, 2011, 06:51:13 PM
Not alot of love for NSU there?  Bastards...

NSU is more associated with Neckarsulm (where today the A6, A8, and R8 are made) then Ingolstadt. Audi also has a museum in Neckarsulm and they focus on NSU.

Btw, the Audi museum in Neckarsulm is in NSU street.  ;)

Colin

Sounds like I should come off the Autobahn next time I pass Neckarsulm, and visit that museum then....... thanks for the heads up.

hotrodalex

Is the Auto Union 1000 SP front wheel drive? The floor and firewall and perfectly flat, making RWD unlikely...

Colin

mzziaz

My parents had an Audi 50 when I was little.
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Love the cutout Audi. I used to spend a lot of time studying cutout illustrations like that.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

mzziaz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 26, 2011, 03:17:26 AM
Did they like it? :lol:

I think so. Only thing I remember is that we once did an unexpected 180 degree slide during winter in that car.

My uncle had an Audi 80
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on September 26, 2011, 03:26:18 PM
Love the cutout Audi. I used to spend a lot of time studying cutout illustrations like that.

There's also a cut-out of the same car at a German Car Museum in Amerang. People just love cutting up Audis! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on September 27, 2011, 05:17:31 AM
I think so. Only thing I remember is that we once did an unexpected 180 degree slide during winter in that car.

And they say FWD rocks in the winter! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de