Pagani Huayara interior. Emperor's New Clothes?

Started by sportyaccordy, September 17, 2011, 03:22:49 PM

sportyaccordy

Am I not seeing it? I appreciate the craftsmanship... I guess

But am I the only one who thinks this interior is HIDEOUS?

There's much to say about understatement...

An interior can be plain in design, but excite you through the quality of its materials or unintrusiveness on the driving experience. Something as simple as the smell or suppleness of the leather or button surfaces is enough.

I mean this is just too much. Can someone explain this to me?

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Looks like they were going for the Spyker look, and failed miserably.

MX793

It's a bit gaudy, but then, the Zonda's interior wasn't exactly understated.  Really, it looks like an evolution of the Zonda on the inside.

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Submariner

You're missing the point if you think the Zonda or the Huayara is supposed to be about understatement in any way.

The Zonda really is (was) the Countach of the 21st century.  It's all about excess, ridiculousness and that stupid awesome feeling of complete lunacy.  If someone is looking for an understated super car, they can opt for an R8 or a 911t.  That's not what the Zonda (or in this case, the Huayara) is about.  

It's like when Freddy Mercury went on stage riding atop a guy dressed as Darth Vader.  It's over the top and proud of it...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Galaxy

Quote from: Submariner on September 17, 2011, 04:31:22 PM
You're missing the point if you think the Zonda or the Huayara is supposed to be about understatement in any way.

The Zonda really is (was) the Countach of the 21st century.  It's all about excess, ridiculousness and that stupid awesome feeling of complete lunacy.  If someone is looking for an understated super car, they can opt for an R8 or a 911t.  That's not what the Zonda (or in this case, the Huayara) is about. 

It's like when Freddy Mercury went on stage riding atop a guy dressed as Darth Vader.  It's over the top and proud of it...

Yes, but contemporary Italien luxury design has always had such a wonderful simplistic nature about it.

Even when aggresive they usually keep simplicity.

If not simply then at least elegant with attention to detail.

^That is a moasic made by Sicis. Lovely.

That car is just tacky.

sportyaccordy

Galaxy's got it :ohyeah:

Not to mention, in a car designed to "feel like a jet right before takeooff" you don't want all kinds of goofy trinkets distracting you. Even Lambos have always had somewhat understated interiors

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 17, 2011, 06:17:10 PM
Galaxy's got it :ohyeah:

Not to mention, in a car designed to "feel like a jet right before takeooff" you don't want all kinds of goofy trinkets distracting you. Even Lambos have always had somewhat understated interiors

That's what I saw about my Accent.  :mask:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Cookie Monster

Sub is yet again trying to defend something purely based on the badge. Had this been some Asian car company he would've ripped it to shreds.

And yes that looks like a disastrous interior. Yuck.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

That butterfly mosaic looks like a highschool project.  And that modern straight edged look in interior design is played out and unoriginal in this day and age.

The Huayara interior looks awesome, like something from the future and past at the same time, from a car company with the balls to make something different.

If I buy a crazy looking car like the Huayra, I want an equally outlandish interior where I spend 99.9% of the time.  Why buy something that outrageous to sit in some POS Audi inside?

2o6

I like the interior, but I don't like the exterior.

The Zonda was striking. The Huayara is ugly.

Submariner

Quote from: thecarnut on September 17, 2011, 07:29:43 PM
Sub is yet again trying to defend something purely based on the badge. Had this been some Asian car company he would've ripped it to shreds.

And yes that looks like a disastrous interior. Yuck.

Yet again?  :rolleyes:

Or, I like the design.  I like the overkill, over-the-top look.  Hell, it's not even that big of a departure from the Zonda's innards.

And, had this been some Asian car company, I wouldn't have ripped it to shreds.  But by all means, assume what you will.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

This looks like it was created in Cinema 4D or some other highly advanced computer program. Clearly this is NOT a photo.  :confused:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 18, 2011, 04:24:44 AM
This looks like it was created in Cinema 4D or some other highly advanced computer program. Clearly this is NOT a photo.  :confused:

That is a picture of the Armani hotel language. I am not sure if that is a render or, but it does follow their philosophy with the beige and brown tones, and the simply lines. Here are some more examples.

Personally I think Armani would do well to use some more light colors, but oh well.

Galaxy

Quote from: 565 on September 17, 2011, 09:10:11 PM
That butterfly mosaic looks like a highschool project. 

:rolleyes: Oh really? Those people have at minimum three year apprenticeships behind them.

Yeah, just a bunch af amatures.  ;)

[/quote]

Quote from: Galaxy on September 18, 2011, 05:32:02 AM

:rolleyes: Oh really? Those people have at minimum three year apprenticeships behind them.

Yeah, just a bunch af amatures.  ;)

The girl picture is somewhat decent.  The birds and sunflower ones don't look any better than ones made by starving street artists.

ifcar

They're working in a terribly challenging medium. What street artists do you see making images out of individual pieces of tile instead of simple paint?

Tave

You say "street artist" like it's a dirty word. Basquiat made some of his most famous works out of cardboard and graphite while he was homeless. Now those same pieces are worth tens of millions of dollars. Just because a guy is selling his art on the street doesn't mean that it's crap.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Onslaught

I think every thing Pagani has made is ugly. On the inside and out.

Tave

Quote from: ifcar on September 18, 2011, 09:10:14 AM
They're working in a terribly challenging medium. What street artists do you see making images out of individual pieces of tile instead of simple paint?

I've seen a lot of glass mosaics on the street.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

ifcar

MX793

Quote from: ifcar on September 18, 2011, 09:28:45 AM
Of this caliber?

And were they done by poor street artists or were they done by professionals paid by the city/community/property-owner?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

2o6

Quote from: 565 on September 18, 2011, 08:13:58 PM
Or better.  Those bird and flower ones were terribly uninspired.

You can't quantify art.

Quote from: ifcar on September 18, 2011, 09:10:14 AM

There are street artists/amateurs working with far more inventive and difficult mediums than mosaic, and do a better job than those examples.

Quote from: Tave on September 18, 2011, 09:17:39 AM
You say "street artist" like it's a dirty word. Basquiat made some of his most famous works out of cardboard and graphite while he was homeless. Now those same pieces are worth tens of millions of dollars. Just because a guy is selling his art on the street doesn't mean that it's crap.

They are worth millions of dollars because he became famous afterwards.  Of course you can find a few examples where street art is suddenly worth something.  But clearly it's not a worth while investment because I don't think anyone here routinely buys large amounts of street art to speculate.  If all street artists could sell their art for millions in a gallery, they wouldn't be selling it for 20 bucks on the side of the street.

Tave

Quote from: 565 on September 18, 2011, 08:19:11 PM
They are worth millions of dollars because he became famous afterwards.  Of course you can find a few examples where street art is suddenly worth something.  But clearly it's not a worth while investment because I don't think anyone here routinely buys large amounts of street art to speculate.  If all street artists could sell their art for millions in a gallery, they wouldn't be selling it for 20 bucks on the side of the street.

Clearly not all artists can be the best. I don't see your point. Certainly there are street artists out there with the talent to compete with commercial artists; they simply choose not to, for whatever reason.

Raza

:facepalm:

Ugly interior to attacking/defending street artists.  Clearly, Tave is right and this interior is ugly.  The seats are interesting, but I think the bidet is misplaced.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

It is ugly, but admittedly, the old one was ugly too. The new one may be uglier still, but I doubt it will matter.

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși