Enzo on Ebay!!!!

Started by BMWDave, October 03, 2005, 12:30:13 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Why would someone waste over a $1,000,000 on that car? The $180,000 Mosler MT900 will easily outrun it.

Fire It Up

Started at 50K? Are they crazy?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

They could have started it at $1, it wouldn't change the final price.  

giant_mtb

I asked my mom if she would buy it for me, but I was rejected yet again.  :(  

Tom

QuoteStarted at 50K? Are they crazy?
It's a common strategy.  It brings people in bidding at low numbers hoping they will get caught up in bidding more and more while bringing more action to the auction.  Besides, there is probably a reserve.

BMWDave

QuoteStarted at 50K? Are they crazy?
It's a common strategy.  It brings people in bidding at low numbers hoping they will get caught up in bidding more and more while bringing more action to the auction.  Besides, there is probably a reserve.
Yup.  Last time I checked it was 1.1 M and the reserve hadnt been met.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

i wish my parents could buy it...

JYODER240

dang, the seat is size large :( , i would have bought it if it was my size :lol:  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

giant_mtb

Quotedang, the seat is size large :( , i would have bought it if it was my size :lol:
It was probably some overweight snobby rich guy who owned it first...

Raghavan

Quotedang, the seat is size large :( , i would have bought it if it was my size :lol:
It was probably some overweight snobby rich guy who owned it first...
it was.

Raza

Just take it to Ferrari.  They'll be glad to fit a new seat for you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteJust take it to Ferrari.  They'll be glad to fit a new seat for you.
for another $10000. :rolleyes:  

Raza

QuoteJust take it to Ferrari.  They'll be glad to fit a new seat for you.
If you spend a million dollars on a car, 10 grand for a seat shouldn't worry you.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteJust take it to Ferrari.? They'll be glad to fit a new seat for you.
If you spend a million dollars on a car, 10 grand for a seat shouldn't worry you.
:shrugs:
I'd buy it right now actually, and then sell it in about 3-4 years for twice the money. :praise:  

Raza

Buying cars as an investment is a tricky business.  It probably won't be worth much more than it is now in 3-4 years.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CaseyNPham

How come it has an automatic?
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

giant_mtb

QuoteHow come it has an automatic?
Maybe they didn't feel like saying paddle-shift F1 style transmission...  :blink:  

CaseyNPham

Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

footoflead

QuoteHow come it has an automatic?
Maybe they didn't feel like saying paddle-shift F1 style transmission...  :blink:
Auto trannys in enzo.. should be Illegal :angry:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Andrewsky

I think that is pretty cheap, actually.  That car is just so absolutely desirable that it can command that price.

Even if I had 100 million dollars I probably wouldn't buy it just, because it would be so stressful to own it and take care of it.
Jet Black 2005 Mini Cooper S

Speed_Racer

As exclusive as the Enzo is, I still think it's not attractive. To me, it doesn't really stand out because it looks stunning, it stands out becuase it looks unusual (and its a Ferrari).

I'd rather take a Carrera GT; I'd prefer to shift my own gears, plus that targa top is really sweet!

autom?vel

QuoteI think that is pretty cheap, actually.  That car is just so absolutely desirable that it can command that price.

Even if I had 100 million dollars I probably wouldn't buy it just, because it would be so stressful to own it and take care of it.
Holy crap, yes.  I'd be fretting over every little bug that flew into the windshield on the highway.    :D  
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

CaseyNPham

Whatever. MC12 anybody? ^_^

Why?

I don't think Ferrari will be very happy with this person for selling this car using E-bay. I thought they made buyers of the Enzo sign an agreement to sell the car back to Ferrari if they were going to sell it at all.

Raza

If I recall correctly, they had to sign an agreement not to sell for a set duration of time.  But, I might be wrong.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

QuoteIf I recall correctly, they had to sign an agreement not to sell for a set duration of time.  But, I might be wrong.
I think that was just with the F40-F50's.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*