Mazda Takeri Concept!

Started by 2o6, October 25, 2011, 08:16:58 PM

2o6

I like it a lot. Looks a lot like the current Mazda 6, but evolves a good shape with the new design language.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/274351/mazda_6_concept_unveiled.html

SVT666

TBR

Onslaught

I'm not saying this just because I swing from Mazda's nuts. But if it even looks close to this then it should do well. That's one damn fine looking car and MUCH better then the current one they've got now.
I'd talk my girlfriend into getting one if it looks like that.

93JC

Looks essentially like a current 6 with new front and rear fascia.

I like it but I'm not sold on how it would translate to actual real-life metal. I'm definitely ambivalent about the Shinari look on the next 3. Has the potential to look really fugly. And even worse on the next 2.

TBR

Yes, I wonder how it would work on something with different (aka: stubbier) proportions.

cawimmer430

Very nice. Maybe even one of the most gorgeous Japanese concept cars in decades. They don't do a lot of organic concept car designs except for Mazda and this looks good.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Atomic

sweet  :wub:

the wheels look hot, but they look very familiar... not a bad thing, just curious... anyone else?

omicron

Very smart indeed. No silly scribbles like so many of today's abominations.

ifcar

Quote from: Atomic on October 26, 2011, 05:55:00 AM
sweet  :wub:

the wheels look hot, but they look very familiar... not a bad thing, just curious... anyone else?

Are you thinking of this, maybe:

Raza

They already make this car.  It's called the Nissan Maxima.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FoMoJo

The front is still a bit too cute for my taste.  They should flip the grille upside-down, something like this...
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 93JC on October 25, 2011, 10:18:49 PM
Looks essentially like a current 6 with new front and rear fascia.

I like it but I'm not sold on how it would translate to actual real-life metal. I'm definitely ambivalent about the Shinari look on the next 3. Has the potential to look really fugly. And even worse on the next 2.
Yea concept cars always look awesome. A cool design exercise but let's not go crazy here.

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 26, 2011, 09:58:12 AM
Yea concept cars always look awesome. A cool design exercise but let's not go crazy here.
It looks almost production ready.  The wheels are even normal sized.

sportyaccordy

Those look like 22s, no way they make production.

Real thing is gonna look super tame w/a vague resemblence.

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 26, 2011, 11:18:33 AM
Those look like 22s, no way they make production.

Real thing is gonna look super tame w/a vague resemblence.
They don't look like 22s at all.  I don't even think they look like 20s.  19s maybe.

r0tor

The wheels have rotors cut into them... If only...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Onslaught

Quote from: r0tor on October 30, 2011, 05:46:28 PM
The wheels have rotors cut into them... If only...
One of the original versions of this car had the same rotor shape in the hood like our cars too. I really had a hope for it too.