Chevrolet Trailblazer!

Started by 2o6, November 10, 2011, 11:56:37 AM

2o6

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/10/new-chevrolet-trailblazer-revealed-in-dubai-w-video/

Based upon the new Colorado, seating for seven, power comes from the same 2.8L diesel in the Colorado.

I think it looks good. I think it could work as a GMC in order to not intrude with the Traverse. However, I understand why it couldn't come here, that interior looks a little ugly and cheap.

SVT666

FAIL.  It looks no different than any of their other SUVs.

ifcar

Quote from: SVT666 on November 10, 2011, 12:11:06 PM
FAIL.  It looks no different than any of their other SUVs.

It doesn't have to. This is a truck instead of a crossover.

SVT666

Quote from: ifcar on November 10, 2011, 01:06:11 PM
It doesn't have to. This is a truck instead of a crossover.
It looks exactly like the crossovers.  I don't understand the point.

ifcar

Quote from: SVT666 on November 10, 2011, 01:10:57 PM
It looks exactly like the crossovers.  I don't understand the point.

Towing? Off-road ability?

I wouldn't say it looks anything like the Traverse anyway. The Equinox, yes, but the Traverse is much more angular.

2o6

SVT666

SVT666

Quote from: ifcar on November 10, 2011, 01:20:31 PM

I wouldn't say it looks anything like the Traverse anyway. The Equinox, yes, but the Traverse is much more angular.
Oh I get the point of a truck based SUV, I own one.  But I don't see the point in the making it look exactly like the crossovers.

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on November 10, 2011, 01:24:02 PM
Oh I get the point of a truck based SUV, I own one.  But I don't see the point in the making it look exactly like the crossovers.

I don't think it really does.

Colonel Cadillac

I'm skeptical as to whether it will actually have marketable advantages over the similar crossovers. Are we getting it or not?

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on November 10, 2011, 01:21:20 PM
The Traverse is angular?

Most of the details are at angles rather than rounded like the TrailBlazer.

Submariner

Quote from: ifcar on November 10, 2011, 01:20:31 PM

Off road ability?  :nutty:

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

68_427

Quote from: Submariner on November 10, 2011, 03:26:48 PM
Off road ability?  :nutty:

Truck based SUVs are generally better offroad.

I think it looks great, and not really that close to their other SUVs, at least not any more than in other makes.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Schadenfreude

Still hasn't been decided as to whether or not the US will get this vehicle. And if so, what will power it for that matter (the Atlas engines are out of production essentially).

Rupert

Quote from: SVT666 on November 10, 2011, 01:24:02 PM

You do?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SVT666

Rupert

I know. What truck is it based off of?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

hotrodalex

Vinsanity

If Toyota can sell the Highlander, 4Runner, and Rav4, then Chevy can (try to) sell this, the Traverse, and the Equinox. Although I do understand not wanting to clutter the showrooms with SUV's. I just like this better than the Traverse- it's my least favorite of the current Lambdas.

Rupert

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 10, 2011, 08:08:07 PM

Duh.  :rolleyes:

You got that reversed. The Sport Trac (the Explorer Sport Trac) is based on the SUV, and it has the same kind of suspension.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rupert on November 10, 2011, 08:14:53 PM
You got that reversed. The Sport Trac (the Explorer Sport Trac) is based on the SUV, and it has the same kind of suspension.

:ohyeah:

SVT666

Rupert

Ha! You're too generous!

You can say your SUV is based on a post-2000 Ranger, if I can say my sports car is based on a 928. ;)

Rupert

/trolling

Apologies; I just love to hammer that point until it's dull.