Fiat 500 Abarth Commercial....sexy!

Started by SVT666, November 17, 2011, 05:43:12 PM

Galaxy

Quote from: Rockraven on November 19, 2011, 04:56:16 PM
Plus how many people recognize him as an F1 driver, let alone Alonso?

In Germany, where F1 is beat only by soccer in terms of tv viewership, probably around 80% of the population.

ifcar

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 23, 2011, 06:15:52 AM
Man, if I was an Audi fanboy like you we'd probably be best friends... :rolleyes:

You realize that I am not even close to the only one that thinks this, right? And it isn't just your Mercedes obsession (which, btw, is entirely different from me generally like Audi's more than other luxury makes).

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on November 28, 2011, 11:23:12 AM
You realize that I am not even close to the only one that thinks this, right? And it isn't just your Mercedes obsession (which, btw, is entirely different from me generally like Audi's more than other luxury makes).

You do realize I am teasing you, right?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

TBR

ChrisV

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1203_2012_fiat_500_abarth/index.html#ixzz1oDTpJ0XS

QuoteMaybe you've admired the plucky little Fiat 500, with it art-object design and European sensibilities. But if you've also found it a little too cute, too soft, or too slow to seriously consider, then you'll want to know about the Fiat 500 Abarth. The Abarth addresses each those reservations in a very convincing way.

Upping the fun factor

The Abarth isn't a ground-pounding screamer, but it is definitely fun. The turbo four blats to life with a distinct and characterful exhaust note (fitting, given that aftermarket exhaust kits were one of the Abarth company's earliest and most successful products). The exhaust is quite loud under acceleration but the noise fades almost completely when you're just cruising.

http://jalopnik.com/5890176/fiat-500-abarth-first-drive

QuoteIn many ways, the car the Abarth 500 reminds me of most, at least in general feel, is a Volkswagen Mark I GTI, and that's a good thing. Like the original GTI, it's small, nimble, light, and with a power-to-weight ratio that makes for lively performance. The Fiat 500 Abarth is some of the most fun you can have on four wheels.

Sure, there are plenty of faster cars you can buy, but when you're in it with this little hotbox, foot on the floor, leaning into a turn, hearing that great engine note, you just won't care. You're having too much fun.

And the new ad is quite fun, too.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5606049-New-Fiat-500-Abarth-Ad-quot-House-Arrest-quot

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Payman

As you can see by my sig, the Abarth is on my shortlist.

Raza

Maybe I missed something because I'm not blown away by that exhaust.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26107.msg1680368#msg1680368 date=1330986840
Maybe I missed something because I'm not blown away by that exhaust.

Same, it sounds like a tractor.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

68_427

I sat in one at the auto show and definitely want. 
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

TBR

Just drove a 500 Sport today. The steering and shifter were great, but the clutch was too light with too much travel. Also, this particular one had an accessory cat-back exhaust which was a bit too loud. The salesman told me that the Abarth would be at least as loud, if not louder. Also didn't care for the visibility too much.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)