Pics: 07 Yukon and Yukon Denali

Started by ifcar, October 05, 2005, 05:10:53 AM

Catman

They're OK, but I think they could have better styling.  No complaints on the interior but the exterior lacks a statement.  It almost looks weird from certain angles. :blink:  

thewizard16

QuoteThey aren't literally a "bench" like they used to be in the old days. They're usually 2 bucket seats with an extra seat in the middle.

Plus, there is usually a storage compartment that flips down and also functions as an arm rest.

If 3rd row benches are so important now, why wouldn't front bench seats be popular. I suppose people like cup and coin holders.

Though come to think of it, my dad's Dakota bench has both of those things.
I don't see any benefit to a standard bench over a bucket/bench. The middle rarely gets used anyway, in an SUV especially, and when it requires giving up significantly useful things (like cup holders or a storage console) what's the point?
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TBR

Have you never seen a modern bench seat? My dad's truck has cupholders, a coin holder, and a quite large storage space yet it has that extra middle seat as well (which we have used). The outside seats are the same as the optional buckets. There is really no disadvantage to a modern bench seat in a truck/suv except for looks.  

280Z Turbo

QuoteHave you never seen a modern bench seat? My dad's truck has cupholders, a coin holder, and a quite large storage space yet it has that extra middle seat as well (which we have used). The outside seats are the same as the optional buckets. There is really no disadvantage to a modern bench seat in a truck/suv except for looks.
Yep. My dad's Dakota has cupholders and a center storage consle. I'll take a pic when he gets home to show you guys.

In fact, the middle seat is nice to set stuff on like papers or a checkbook, for example. It also makes the interior feel more open and spacious.

thewizard16

QuoteHave you never seen a modern bench seat? My dad's truck has cupholders, a coin holder, and a quite large storage space yet it has that extra middle seat as well (which we have used). The outside seats are the same as the optional buckets. There is really no disadvantage to a modern bench seat in a truck/suv except for looks.
Somewhere above I got the impression that someone was talking about the old school bench seats. I know very well what a modern bench is, I've had them, and that's what I referred to as a "bucket/bench".  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Submariner

The interior looks to be a class leader.

The exterior looks like a Ford Explorer.  <_<  :blink:  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TBR

mazda6er

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

Sure he did...My theory is that he edited his post to make me look like a total idiot ;)

mazda6er

QuoteSure he did...My theory is that he edited his post to make me look like a total idiot ;)
I see.  (wink, wink)
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

giant_mtb

QuoteA lot of real world pics from Autospies

Notice how tacky the Denali's rear lights look?
They look like wannabe aftermarket lights...