Pics: 07 Yukon and Yukon Denali

Started by ifcar, October 05, 2005, 05:10:53 AM

ifcar

Yukon:

Denali:

The next two versions of GM's new full-size SUVs are on display this week at the California International Auto Show in Anaheim. The GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali, in GM's words, have exceptional driving characteristics. What's immediately obvious, too, is that they have distinctive appearances, much more so than the last editions.

The Yukon is the mass-market edition, available in cloth or leather-trimmed versions with rear- or four-wheel drive. Tall headlamps and smart details distinguish the Yukon from the similar Chevrolet Tahoe. Like the Tahoe and the new Denali, the Yukon is longer and wider than the past versions, has a stiffer body structure and a new power-steering rack, and standard anti-lock brakes with stability control.

Seventeen-inch wheels are standard on the Yukon, as is a 320-hp, 5.3-liter V-8 engine (though a 290-hp, 4.8-liter version will replace that on rear-drive models later in the model year, GM says).

cozmik

Well the exterior, from what I have seen, is better seperated from the Tahoe than before. The interior is exactly the same as the Tahoe, just like before.  :rolleyes:  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Colonel Cadillac

I like the Denali, the regular Yukon is alright.

Next up: Escalade. I'm excited.  

SJ_GTI

I'm not really into SUV's, but the Denali looks nice.

I am not sure I could tell this from a Tahoe is you covered the emblem though. But I don't think that is a new development.

I expect the escalade to be almost identical as well.

Secret Chimp

The front end makes it looks like some little Toyota or Nissan compact that got all blown up.

I don't know why they've gone with a little pooper-can exhaust on this platform like the Trailblazer. It doesn't look very truck-ish.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TBR

Don't care for it, what happened to the Yukon being more unique? The only major difference I see is in the front fascia, same as before.

VetteZ06

QuoteI expect the escalade to be almost identical as well.
The exterior should be somewhat similar (the front will be completely unique), but the interior is going to be quite a bit different.

We'll see.  :praise:  

Raza

Looks like everything else on the road.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

QuoteLooks like everything else on the road.
how so? i'm not sure i see any resemblence to anything else.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

VetteZ06

Quotehow so? i'm not sure i see any resemblence to anything else.
He hates SUVs. Simple as that.

(picture removed due to size)

I think the interior looks very, very, very, very nice. The gauge cluster is gorgeous, the wood around the steering wheel is a nice touch, and the center stack looks great with the chrome brightwork and all of the wood. It reminds me of something Volkswagen might put into an SUV. Thumbs up, GM.  :praise:

The Denali reminds me very much of the current-generation Escalade. Most importantly, though, it looks upscale like a luxury SUV should. I really like it.

I cannot wait to see the Escalade's interior. Should be a knockout.

TBR

I think the interior is too luxurious, it looks like it belongs to a car.

VetteZ06

QuoteI think the interior is too luxurious, it looks like it belongs to a car.
If that's their biggest problem (on the inside), then GM hit a home run with the new interiors.

I certainly wouldn't mind having an SUV with an interior like that.

BMWDave

The interior is extremely nice, it looks great!  The Denali looks very nice as well, although I see a lot of Cadillac design touches in the front grille and headlights.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

If that's their biggest problem (on the inside), then GM hit a home run with the new interiors.

Well I would, it takes all off the toughness out of driving a suv. It just doesn't seem right for a suv to not have a column shifter, one will still be available, right?

Tom

Well I would, it takes all off the toughness out of driving a suv. It just doesn't seem right for a suv to not have a column shifter, one will still be available, right?
The pic in the first post has a column shifter :blink:   I don't think it's so bad.  It makes shifting into low gears when needed easier and more natural feeling.  Though it does take away some cockpit space.

TBR

In that case: I hate those stupid column shfiters... ;) :lol:

I have to admit I didn't look too closely, I saw the big console and assumed that, like most modern suvs, it had a console shifter. Glad to see that it doesn't. Though I do hope you can get a bench seat, the console looks restricting.  

Tom

QuoteIn that case: I hate those stupid column shfiters... ;) :lol:

I have to admit I didn't look too closely, I saw the big console and assumed that, like most modern suvs, it had a console shifter. Glad to see that it doesn't. Though I do hope you can get a bench seat, the console looks restricting.
A true bench seat?  Nah, those are gone unless you want a work truck.

TBR

Can't you get one in the Armada at least?  

thewizard16

I really don't care for it. I think the current Yukon and Yukon Denali are good looking vehicles, but this looks too... I don't know, it just doesn't have the big SUV prescence of the current model. It looks too passive.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

QuoteCan't you get one in the Armada at least?
You can't get any bench-seat Nissans IIRC, not even in their pickups. I believe the Expedition stilll has a bench in the base versions though.  

Raza

I don't just hate SUVs, it just doesn't look remarkable in any way.  When this car starts hitting the streets, it will probably go largely unnoticed.  Hell, the new Grand Cherokee, with those funky headlights I caught right away, and liked.  This looks completely like it was built to be lost in a crowd.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

You can't get any bench-seat Nissans IIRC, not even in their pickups. I believe the Expedition stilll has a bench in the base versions though.
The Titan comes standard with a bench .

280Z Turbo

It looks very nice, but I hate big boring mainstream SUVs.

Good to see GM fixing those ugly plastic interiors they had before. Back in the 90s, they (and the other big 2) used to curve the interior panels into each other and they also had a huge gap between the top of the dash and the face of the dash. I'm glad they don't do that anymore.

Making big SUVs and trucks it what GM does best, but I think we'll see demand for these behemouths start to dip.

ifcar

The Titan comes standard with a bench .
I thought I'd seen that they were discontinuing the bench, but can't seem to find anything else that says that. Either way, the Armada definitely is bucket only.  

280Z Turbo

Why don't people like bench seats anymore? I can understand why sporty car owners don't like them, but I thought utility was important in an SUV. A center consle seems like a waste of space to me.

Raghavan

QuoteWhy don't people like bench seats anymore? I can understand why sporty car owners don't like them, but I thought utility was important in an SUV. A center consle seems like a waste of space to me.
Me too, but SUV's aren't about utility anymore.

ifcar

Bucket seats are more comfortable than a bench, especially with leather. And storage space is just considered more important than a nominal seating position.

280Z Turbo

They aren't literally a "bench" like they used to be in the old days. They're usually 2 bucket seats with an extra seat in the middle.

Plus, there is usually a storage compartment that flips down and also functions as an arm rest.

If 3rd row benches are so important now, why wouldn't front bench seats be popular. I suppose people like cup and coin holders.

Though come to think of it, my dad's Dakota bench has both of those things.