Uh oh, this might not be a chop

Started by mazda6er, May 14, 2005, 01:26:41 PM

mazda6er

I found this off the web, and it looks real to me, though I've never been very good at picking out fakes. At least it looks better than that Celica chop from the C/D forums:

What do you think?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Tom

QuoteI found this off the web, and it looks real to me, though I've never been very good at picking out fakes. At least it looks better than that Celica chop from the C/D forums:

What do you think?
That thing is hideous :blink:   I don't think they would produce something that fugly.

mazda6er

Yeah Subaru is gonna screw themselves right out of a market if they keep up that "airplane nose" thing. This isn't as bad as the Tribeca though.  It's still possible that it's a chop though. I see a lot of Acura TSX in those doors.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Fire It Up

QuoteI found this off the web, and it looks real to me, though I've never been very good at picking out fakes. At least it looks better than that Celica chop from the C/D forums:

What do you think?
It looks unproportinal...or the stuff isnt parallel. It's prob. another chop.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Catman

That thing is hideous :blink:   I don't think they would produce something that fugly.
You obviously haven't seen the SUV Subaru just came out with.

GMPenguin

It's gotta be a chop, the 'STi' on the bumper looks too straight and like it's bulging out, also the color doesn't look glossy enough, but that might just be the pic.

BMWDave

That is horrible looking.  For Subaru's sake, I hope its a chop!

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Why?

I think it is the chop, the lighting doesn't look right to me.

Saying that, I don't think it is too far off from what might actually be produced. Although Subaru is the best at keeping secrets.

giant_mtb

It actually looks like a drawing to me.  And not a pic.  It's not as bad as that one hatchback Celica chop that was on C/D forums that one time!  :P

They need to loose that bulge in the hood...Get rid of that flat lancer-esque vent...and change the headlights and lower front fascia...

Laconian

I'm fairly certain it's a chop. It looks like a drawing that was composited (rather poorly, I might add) onto a real background. The outlines are unnatural, and you can see some odd fringe colors surrounding the car in some places.

I'm getting kind of sick of photochops getting passed off as the real deal in magazines. I don't want to make up my mind on a car's design until I actually know what the thing actually looks like!!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT