Lamborghini plans a major expansion

Started by BMWDave, October 06, 2005, 02:39:43 PM

BMWDave

Lamborghini plans a major expansion

Lamborghini to Resurrect Miura, Espada

Lamborghini is readying a major expansion of its product range as the Italian supercar maker draws even closer to German parent Audi.

As early as next year, the Italians plan to introduce an all-new Miura, Lamborghini's answer to the Ferrari Enzo. It will be derived mechanically from the midengine Audi Le Mans. The Miura will be lower, wider and shorter than the donor car. It boasts an upgraded V12 engine. The displacement goes up to a massive 6.5 liters, and the power output increases to 700 horsepower.

The next all-new Lamborghini is code-named LM00X, a high-performance version of the future Audi Q5. The LM00X features a choice of two engines: a supercharged, 4.2-liter V8 good for 400 hp and a supercharged, 5.0-liter V10 rated at 500 hp. The LM00X will be introduced in 2008.

The third newcomer is a 2+2-seater coupe, a reincarnation of the Espada. The choice of engine options ranges from the Audi V8 to the Lamborghini Murcielago's V12. A midengine 2+2 could be production-ready by late 2007, but a front-engine version would likely not appear before 2009.

Lambo also is looking further into the future for the next-generation Murcielago, including a limited-edition supercar derivative powered by an all-new 6.0-liter V12 that would match the Bugatti Veyron's output of 1,000 hp.

Source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107460#3

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

thewizard16

I saw their former SUV ish thing in a museum. I've got a picture around here somewhere, but it was a strange looking thing. What was it called?
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Run Away

LM002.

If the origianl concept hadn't had a rear-engined Chrysler big block, the Army would be driving Lambos instead of Hummers.
The LM002 was basically that Hummer competitior they had built for the govorment contract bid with a Countach V12 under the hood.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

QuoteLM002.

If the origianl concept hadn't had a rear-engined Chrysler big block, the Army would be driving Lambos instead of Hummers.
The LM002 was basically that Hummer competitior they had built for the govorment contract bid with a Countach V12 under the hood.
I saw one when I went to the Lambo dealer--I hear that there are very, very few left in the world.  And whats not to like about a 444hp V12 :lol:

Damn, that thing is a beast.  Its a true off roader as well.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

BMWDave

I love the top one-it has hints of the Espada in it, and it looks damn good overall.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

The coupe looks like a cross between the 6 series and the Maserati Ghibli.

The other thing looks like a cross between bad taste and shit.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

If they weren't playing the retro card, it'd be sweet. I'm not opposed to a 2+2 Lambo, but calling it the Espada? Dumb. I'm not opposed to a ridiculously fast mid-engine car, but the Miura has been dead for 30 years. I don't really care about the LM00X...  
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

MX793

I'm not sure they'll actually revive the old names.  For one thing, if this new 2+2 is mid engined, then Espada would not be the most fitting name (the Espada was front engine).  
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

TBR

Let's hope they can make the Espada and Miura a bit lighter than the Murcielago is (speaking of which, will the Miura be replacing that car or complimenting it?).

thewizard16

QuoteLM002.

Thanks for trying to help me, but not that. I'm not sure what the museum had was even a production vehicle, I think it may have been a concept. It was from the 90s, I believe, and it wasn't anything like the military looking thing. I'll see if I can find my photos.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

giant_mtb

They're kidding...right...?  <_<  

Raghavan

Yup, that's pretty fugly alright.

El Barto

They were drunk...right...?   <_<  
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

El Barto

QuoteI'm not sure they'll actually revive the old names.  For one thing, if this new 2+2 is mid engined, then Espada would not be the most fitting name (the Espada was front engine).
The new 2+2 doesnt look mid engined to me.

2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

SaltyDog

That looks incredible except for the grille thing and wheels.  

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

ifcar

You can't really tell from that angle though whether it will span the entire front end. It may very well be limited to the sides, though hopefully in a cleaner way than in the other...thing.  

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

MX793

QuoteI'm not sure they'll actually revive the old names.  For one thing, if this new 2+2 is mid engined, then Espada would not be the most fitting name (the Espada was front engine).
The new 2+2 doesnt look mid engined to me.

The article mentions that it could be either.  The car in the picture is just a photoshop (to the best of my knowledge), I wouldn't make any judgements based on that.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

The side profile of the 2+2 is nice, though I don't really like it.  Lambo's are styled oddly...they are round and smooth in their overall curves but have many squared edges and straight lines in their details...it's an odd contrast that I don't think looks very good.  Either you make a car smooth and rounded, or you make it square and blocky, not both...

IMO, of course.  ;)  

Raza

They haven't made a mistake yet, in my book.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CaseyNPham

I made a little sketch of a Lambo SUV and DAYUM does it look nicer than this, even in two dimensional.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

giant_mtb

QuoteI made a little sketch of a Lambo SUV and DAYUM does it look nicer than this, even in two dimensional.
Post it.

SaltyDog

I saw a Gallardo parked at my school.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

TBR

"They haven't made a mistake yet, in my book."

The only car in your post that I like was the first one, after that all they have made have been mistakes imho.

Raza

Quote"They haven't made a mistake yet, in my book."

The only car in your post that I like was the first one, after that all they have made have been mistakes imho.
Oh, how you disappoint me.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CaseyNPham

QuoteI made a little sketch of a Lambo SUV and DAYUM does it look nicer than this, even in two dimensional.
Post it.
I think I might've lost it... *frown*

I'll try and find it. Or make another one.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

giant_mtb

Reminds me of a 'Vette in that pic/angle...

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club