BMW 1M (unbelievable)

2012 Sports/GT Under $100K COTY
Nissan GT-R

2012 Sports/GT Over $100K COTY
Ferrir 458 Italia Spyder

2012 Supercar OTY
Lexus LF-A

SVT666

The CarSPIN Car Of The Year poll will take place after the Boss 302 vs. 1M poll is settled.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Only 2 domestics (so far) and they're both trucks.........
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Onslaught

I really only like the last three. I've got nothing agains't the Raptor other then I'm not in love with the modern looks of the F150. But it's not my cup of tea.

Raza

Hmm, not as many bad choices as I expected.  Nice work, team.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26307.msg1633036#msg1633036 date=1324034615
Hmm, not as many bad choices as I expected.  Nice work, team.
Don't worry.  The bad choice has yet to come.  1M is kicking the Boss' ass in the Showdown poll.  :rolleyes:

RomanChariot

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on December 15, 2011, 08:01:46 PM
Only 2 domestics (so far) and they're both trucks.........

So the current breakdown, with one to go is as follows.

Germany - 3
USA - 2
Japan - 2
Italy - 1
Sweden/China - 1
England/India - 1

MexicoCityM3

Did we select the new F30 3 or the E90 3? Or both? Not that it matters. Every F30 review in the world (except C&D - take that Wimmer) is praising it as better than the E90.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

GoCougs

Since it's "2012" COTY it must (or should be) the F30. I'm in the market for a new car but after some research last night I am not happy to find out that iDrive is standard on ALL F30 cars of any trim level. Ugh.

SVT666

You wouldn't buy a BMW anyway.  You don't want to be pretentious....remember?

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on December 16, 2011, 12:48:02 PM
You wouldn't buy a BMW anyway.  You don't want to be pretentious....remember?

A 3-series isn't pretentious.

CALL_911

Quote from: GoCougs on December 16, 2011, 12:52:46 PM

Of course it is, it tells the world "I want a BMW, but I couldn't afford more than this!"

Mind you, I'm a huge proponent of the 3-series.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 16, 2011, 01:06:47 PM
Of course it is, it tells the world "I want a BMW, but I couldn't afford more than this!"

Mind you, I'm a huge proponent of the 3-series.

The 3-series (and the 2002 before it) have been a part of BMW's lineup for 50 years, carrying forward a distinct mission that entire time (yes, the cheap model, but the one most oriented toward handling/driving). Sure some; most notably chicks; treat it as a stepping stone/posersim, but many don't and the design of the car doesn't support that.

The badgeism IMO applies most prominently to the C-class - a relatively newly invented badge that doesn't do anything better/different than its higher-class stablemates other than cost less.

And mind you, I'm not a huge proponent at all of the 3-series. Nice cars but never been a huge fan. I'm only sort getting steered that way because it is one of the few vehicles that offers decent performance, AWD and MT in a sedan configuration.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on December 16, 2011, 12:52:46 PM
BS.  You have stated otherwise in previous threads that you don't want option laden cars because it projects an image you don't want to project.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 16, 2011, 01:24:01 PM
Check out a CPO S4.

As far as I can tell all S4s have an iDrive-like interface thingy. I was planning to drive one this weekend but that may prove tough. I really, really don't want an iDrive thingy in my car.

ifcar

Quote from: GoCougs on December 16, 2011, 06:42:29 PM
As far as I can tell all S4s have an iDrive-like interface thingy. I was planning to drive one this weekend but that may prove tough. I really, really don't want an iDrive thingy in my car.

How much of a problem they are depends on how easy it is to get what you want without dealing with it. If there are enough redundant controls that you would rarely need to go into it, it shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

GoCougs

Quote from: ifcar on December 16, 2011, 06:45:14 PM
How much of a problem they are depends on how easy it is to get what you want without dealing with it. If there are enough redundant controls that you would rarely need to go into it, it shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

It just gets me into HEY-YOU-KIDS-GET-OFF-MY-LAWN mode whenever I think about it.

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on December 16, 2011, 06:42:29 PM

MMI is pretty easy to use.  It's not as intuitive as I'd hoped, but it's much better than iDrive. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Quote from: GoCougs on December 16, 2011, 07:10:32 PM
It just gets me into HEY-YOU-KIDS-GET-OFF-MY-LAWN mode whenever I think about it.

I can certainly see the appeal of lots of customized settings. To me, it's only a problem -- and on some of these systems, it is -- when you actually need to go into the menus routinely. If the knob just sits there all the time, you shouldn't even have to think about it.

Certainly worth a test drive, at any rate.

hounddog

:huh:

Remarkably bland competition overall.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

GoCougs

Quote from: Raza  on December 16, 2011, 07:37:20 PM
MMI is pretty easy to use.  It's not as intuitive as I'd hoped, but it's much better than iDrive. 

Quote from: ifcar on December 16, 2011, 08:02:26 PM
I can certainly see the appeal of lots of customized settings. To me, it's only a problem -- and on some of these systems, it is -- when you actually need to go into the menus routinely. If the knob just sits there all the time, you shouldn't even have to think about it.

Certainly worth a test drive, at any rate.

Yeah, I tend to judge quickly on things. Will try to get to see on today; maybe hard to get a test drive on an S4 as I will not be buying anything today. We'll see. Also, this is why I like the Golf/GTI - no buttonism as with Honda/Acura products and no MMI/COMAND/iDrive as with ze premium Germans. I just want basic controls, damnit. Lexus seems to like basic controls tool but none of their cars appeal.

68_427

Quote from: GoCougs on December 17, 2011, 10:03:00 AM
Yeah, I tend to judge quickly on things. Will try to get to see on today; maybe hard to get a test drive on an S4 as I will not be buying anything today. We'll see. Also, this is why I like the Golf/GTI - no buttonism as with Honda/Acura products and no MMI/COMAND/iDrive as with ze premium Germans. I just want basic controls, damnit. Lexus seems to like basic controls tool but none of their cars appeal.

The new IS is supposed to share the same platform as the BRZ/FR-S.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Quote from: 68_427 on December 17, 2011, 10:24:06 AM
The new IS is supposed to share the same platform as the BRZ/FR-S.

Unless they give the decent engine a stick, the IS is useless to me.  I like the current IS, but I'm assuming that like the Genesis coupe, the weight is dulls the engine.  It may be decently quick, but it doesn't feel it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

68_427

I agree.  If the IS-F was available with a manual, it's be my second choice in that class after the CTS-V.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT666