Bought the LR2... Pics

Started by TurboDan, December 18, 2011, 05:13:52 PM

TurboDan

Figured I'd do the obligatory "bragging because I got a new car" thread.  :lol:

Picked this up Wednesday, but just getting to upload a few pics. Absolutely love the car so far. Really pumped to get the state registration in the mail so I can get my permits to drive up on the beach! It came with the technology package, which gives it nav, Bluetooth, Sirius, the cold weather package (heated seats, windshield, wiper tips) and the xenon light package. All for $1K more than the other one I was looking at - same mileage (39K).

shp4man

68_427

The tan and wood looks so much better than the black/silver interior.  Lucky.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

Just needs a 6" lift and some real tires, and you'll be good to go.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

Very nice. Beach driving, though? Wouldn't that get the car all rusty before its time?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Congrats! Wishing you many happy miles with that thing!  :cheers:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

TurboDan

Quote from: Laconian on December 18, 2011, 06:06:37 PM
Very nice. Beach driving, though? Wouldn't that get the car all rusty before its time?

Eh, it's just sand. Don't think it should do too much damage. What gets cars/trucks around here in the flooding ? mainly because it's salt water flooding when the bay level rises during coastal storms (think a mini version of a storm surge from a hurricane). I've lost count on how many wheel-related things like CV joints, etc. I've replaced since I started driving at 17. It's just kind of a fact of life. They offered me a 3 year/36K mile bumper-to-bumper for like $1700, and I think I might go for it. I can buy it any time before the car hits 50K, so I'll probably wait 'til then and I can have it into the 80,000 mile range.

TurboDan

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 18, 2011, 05:52:16 PM
Just needs a 6" lift and some real tires, and you'll be good to go.

Then I could drive about 30 minutes away to where these Jeep guys hang out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asMIJkiirhA

(Fast forward to 5:30 for the good stuff)

hotrodalex

Quote from: TurboDan on December 18, 2011, 07:10:26 PM
Eh, it's just sand. Don't think it should do too much damage. What gets cars/trucks around here in the flooding ? mainly because it's salt water flooding when the bay level rises during coastal storms (think a mini version of a storm surge from a hurricane). I've lost count on how many wheel-related things like CV joints, etc. I've replaced since I started driving at 17. It's just kind of a fact of life. They offered me a 3 year/36K mile bumper-to-bumper for like $1700, and I think I might go for it. I can buy it any time before the car hits 50K, so I'll probably wait 'til then and I can have it into the 80,000 mile range.

A good undercarriage washing would probably be beneficial after taking it on the beach.

giant_mtb

That looks glorious!  Very clean, very nice.

2o6

Nice! Lovely interior, and sweet looking ride.

Lebowski

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Submariner

Sharp...the interior looks to be in particularly good shape.  Congratulations.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TurboDan

Thanks to everyone for the compliments! I'm really enjoying it so far. It's nice to be up high. A Grand Cherokee pulled up next to me at a red light today, and I was actually higher than the JGC driver. Felt kinda cool, lol.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Hmm, a white Land Rover.  

What does your husband drive?

:tounge:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

J86

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: J86 on December 25, 2011, 08:16:04 PM
congrats!

I saw in the local paper that your buddy Rob C is going to the Olympics, exciting stuff.

J86

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on December 26, 2011, 02:04:04 PM

I saw in the local paper that your buddy Rob C is going to the Olympics, exciting stuff.

Two of my college teammates will be in London.  Bursting with pride!  Nice to see all those long days pay off big.

Rupert

Quote from: TurboDan on December 18, 2011, 07:12:52 PM
Then I could drive about 30 minutes away to where these Jeep guys hang out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asMIJkiirhA

(Fast forward to 5:30 for the good stuff)

Bunch of destructive idiots.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Onslaught

Very nice. I've always loved how they look.

Speed_Racer

Quote from: Rupert on December 28, 2011, 02:57:02 AM
Bunch of destructive idiots.

People like that get responsible off-roaders like me banned from areas. They ruin it for everyone.

Rupert

Off roading is not about finding a pond off the side of a perfectly good gravel road to make into a mud pit. That shit isn't even fun after the first time unless you're a Neanderthal redneck.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

280Z Turbo

Rupert

Ecosystems, actually. In a lot of places, they do that in very sensitive environments like wet meadows, which don't recover for decades. These pits in that context can change the way the water drains from the meadow, which may decrease the wetness of the meadow, which causes further negative changes, including to habitat for important animals.

Additionally, that dirty water eventually goes somewhere in most cases, and sediment is a pollutant. In a location where this is common, tons and tons (this is relatively a lot) of sediment can be input to stream systems, which has a negative impact on important fish habitat.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

280Z Turbo