Nissan GT-R PROTO

Started by BMWDave, October 07, 2005, 10:09:08 AM

BMWDave

Link

It?s Almost Here?. Get ready for Japan?s Corvette, the Nissan GT-R PROTO
AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 10/7/05
Nissan unveiled the GT-R Concept at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2001, giving hope the GT-R legend would continue into the 21st century. Then at the 2003 Tokyo show, the company announced the next-generation GT-R would roll out in 2007. Now the launch of the newest production model is just two years away, and the new GT-R?s development has moved ahead again with the reveal of the GT-R PROTO. And this time, the GT-R, the first new one in eight years, will come to the States.

The GT-R PROTO?s design is meant to express GT-R heritage from the first model (codenamed PGC10, launched in 1969) through R34 (1999), in a new and expressive form. For the first time in GT-R history, the car will be designed as a specific body style, not derived from a sedan. The front end?s center air intake is designed to optimize airflow, as well as to strongly link the identity of the GT-R from R34 to GT-R Concept (2001). The front fenders? shape reflect the aero work Nissan did to optimize airflow around the tires.

The rear of the GT-R PROTO has the signature four-ring tail lamps to provide a visual link to previous GT-Rs. Four large-bore exhaust pipes complete the purposeful look.

Drivetrain and suspension details are sketchy at this point, but our spies tell us the car will be a stout performer. Rumors from Japan say the all-wheel-drive Skyline will be powered by a 450-hp, twin turbo V6 engine. Lotus might have a hand in tuning the suspension.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Fire It Up

The grille and headlights need to be changed.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

If that's the direction they're moving (or the even more bloated G35 coupe aero look), then it will never look as good as the R33 or R34 Skylines.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

It should be a combo between this

and this

Raza

The FM is just a platform, it doesn't have to look like the G35/V35 Skyline.  They can make the GT-R better looking and less bloated.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

giant_mtb

I would hope it doesn't look like that.

mazda6er

teh Zoh6 will pwn this thingses ass! and exigez too!
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

CaseyNPham

Psh, for an extra 60,000 dollars, I can get a Coupe!
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Catman

Looks good in my opinion.  I have a feeling it'll be an Infiniti though to compete with the new Lexus coming out.

Fire It Up

Quoteteh Zoh6 will pwn this thingses ass! and exigez too!
I hope youre joking.

giant_mtb

I hope youre joking.
I'm sure he is.  ;)  

Fire It Up

I hope youre joking.
I'm sure he is.  ;)
ok, good.

footoflead

I hope youre joking.
I'm sure he is.  ;)
Hes doing a Rag impression :D  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

This looks much better than the old R34 GT-R, it was actually designed to look aggressive from the start instead of just having an overdone body kit on a regular Skyline body.  

Raghavan

Actually, Exiges pwnz Z06's ass too. ;)  

thewizard16

QuoteLooks good in my opinion.  I have a feeling it'll be an Infiniti though to compete with the new Lexus coming out.
Are they actually going to produce the LF-A? It's supposed to cost a fortune if they do. (By current Lexus standards, anyway.)
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Catman

QuoteLooks good in my opinion.  I have a feeling it'll be an Infiniti though to compete with the new Lexus coming out.
Are they actually going to produce the LF-A? It's supposed to cost a fortune if they do. (By current Lexus standards, anyway.)
I'm not sure if it is official or not.  There doing an awful lot of work to not build it but you never know.

Raza

QuoteLooks good in my opinion.  I have a feeling it'll be an Infiniti though to compete with the new Lexus coming out.
I'm not sure if it is official or not.  There doing an awful lot of work to not build it but you never know.
Cadillac Sixteen?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

mazda6er

I hope youre joking.
I'm sure he is.  ;)
Hes doing a Rag impression :D
Yes, I am joking.   ;)  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

giant_mtb

Are you retarded?  Even when translated to be grammatcially correct it still doesn't make sense. ("Actually, Exiges owns Z06's ass too")  As soon as both cars hit 1 MPH, the Z06 would have an all out advantage.  I'd love to see an Exige try and keep up with a Z06 on any track (especially a drag strip...).

Raghavan

Are you retarded?  Even when translated to be grammatcially correct it still doesn't make sense. ("Actually, Exiges owns Z06's ass too")  As soon as both cars hit 1 MPH, the Z06 would have an all out advantage.  I'd love to see an Exige try and keep up with a Z06 on any track (especially a drag strip...).
I will not answer too that, i'm sorry.

Fire It Up

QuoteThis looks much better than the old R34 GT-R, it was actually designed to look aggressive from the start instead of just having an overdone body kit on a regular Skyline body.
I cant believe you just said that.

Raza

Actually, I think on a very, very tight track, like Anglesey, but even tighter, without straights, the Exige might win.  Just because it is so physically small, it might be easier to get through tight, successive corners faster than the larger Vette.  But overall, the Z06 would kill an Exige on most courses.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i