"Maintain lane while turning"

Started by 2o6, January 09, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

2o6

Is it just me, or do most people not understand how to do this? Far too often, I have people cutting me off, and almost causing accidents because they cannot seem to follow this simple direction.

"Maintain lane while turning".

cawimmer430

Dude, give people a break! They're talking on the phone, drinking their Starbucks coffee, surfing the net on their iPad or doing their nails!  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on January 09, 2012, 06:41:58 PM
Is it just me, or do most people not understand how to do this? Far too often, I have people cutting me off, and almost causing accidents because they cannot seem to follow this simple direction.

"Maintain lane while turning".

No, its not just you. Such a simple thing that nearly nobody seems to do.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

93JC

I'm very wary of double turns. If I was to guess how often I'm cut off or almost run into I'd guess about half the time.

People are dumb.

Maybe some people need lane markings to help them, I don't know.

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on January 09, 2012, 07:38:15 PM
I'm very wary of double turns. If I was to guess how often I'm cut off or almost run into I'd guess about half the time.

People are dumb.

The ones I use have lane markings.

hounddog

In Michigan at least, this is a moving violation with points.

And, you cannot even begin to imagine, that is to say your imagination is not capable of creating a conceptual image in your mind, how many of these stupid fucking crashes we took in Detroit.   

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Byteme

Quote from: 2o6 on January 09, 2012, 07:48:59 PM

The ones I use have lane markings.

Ditto here.  And I spend as much time looking out for people trying to hit me from the side as I do watching where I am going.

Time was then people actually took a bit of care and perhaps even had some pride is driving properly.  Not any more apparently. 

Laconian

Yes, I am very cautious about taking free rights onto multi-lane roads because of this. People are morans.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Laconian on January 10, 2012, 12:39:35 PM
Yes, I am very cautious about taking free rights onto multi-lane roads because of this. People are morans.
UGH. I HATE people who just merge out in front of me. Either they don't see me or don't care but I always get massive lifted trucks pulling out in front of me. Never happens when I'm in a bigger car, but I guess people don't pay attention to the smaller cars. :huh:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on January 09, 2012, 07:38:15 PM

People are dumb.

I'm extremely careful (if not the first at the light) or extremely aggressive (if I am first) at these.  I hate them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Raza  on January 10, 2012, 03:19:04 PM
I'm extremely careful (if not the first at the light) or extremely aggressive (if I am first) at these.  I hate them.
:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CALL_911

Quote from: thecarnut on January 10, 2012, 01:26:51 PM
UGH. I HATE people who just merge out in front of me. Either they don't see me or don't care but I always get massive lifted trucks pulling out in front of me. Never happens when I'm in a bigger car, but I guess people don't pay attention to the smaller cars. :huh:

I'm guilty of this. I compensate by flooring it in second.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

hotrodalex

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 10, 2012, 07:06:16 PM
I'm guilty of this. I compensate by flooring it in second.

Yeah if I pull out in front of someone I usually gun it to try to get out of their way quickly.

Rupert

Quote from: Laconian on January 10, 2012, 12:39:35 PM

Only one that I know of...

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hounddog

Or this one.  (an oldie, but a goodie.)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Rupert

I love how proud that douchebag looks.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

shp4man

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on January 10, 2012, 03:19:04 PM

Same.  If I can block them I do, especially if it forces them to take a turn they didn't want to.  But hey, plan ahead of the intersection, dickbag.

Eye of the Tiger

This is even more fun when you're driving a semi-truck. Oh, hey little car, I'm gonna run you over with my trailer. Kthxbai.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

S204STi

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 31, 2012, 03:01:32 PM
This is even more fun when you're driving a semi-truck. Oh, hey little car, I'm gonna run you over with my trailer. Kthxbai.

:lol:

hounddog

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 31, 2012, 03:01:32 PM
I watched a truck driver do the absolute dumbest thing a few days ago; he drove into the middle lane without his turn signal on, then when the light turned green he turned on his signal and plowed three or four cars as he made a LEFT hand turn. 

The police arrested him, but I can only speculate as to why. 

It was honestly hard to watch because I could see what he was doing, yelled, "no no no No nO NO NO NO" several times, but could do nothing to stop it.  LOL

Fortunately, I was in the other lane and behind them all.  :praise:

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

280Z Turbo

Quote from: hounddog on April 01, 2012, 12:41:25 PM
I watched a truck driver do the absolute dumbest thing a few days ago; he drove into the middle lane without his turn signal on, then when the light turned green he turned on his signal and plowed three or four cars as he made a LEFT hand turn. 

The police arrested him, but I can only speculate as to why. 

It was honestly hard to watch because I could see what he was doing, yelled, "no no no No nO NO NO NO" several times, but could do nothing to stop it.  LOL

Fortunately, I was in the other lane and behind them all.  :praise:

huh? middle lane = left turn lane?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 01, 2012, 05:48:28 PM
huh? middle lane = left turn lane?

Not left turns as much as right turns. There is no choice in some places - namely, the first two right-handers I have to make out of my terminal in Chicago. Can't go left or straight because of a low bridges. And then the right turns are so tight, I have to make it from the left lanes, into the oncoming left lane, and I still run over the inside street corner and any hookers standing on the sidewalk. Of course, I use my turn signal or four ways, just to make it clear I' gonna run shit over.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

S204STi

Dumb shits who sit next to tractor-trailers in corners deserve to get plowed.