***Hockenheim Drift Challenge PART 2***

Started by cawimmer430, January 13, 2012, 07:33:08 PM

cawimmer430

Sorry for the delay. Been busy.  :ohyeah:

So here are some shots from the practice lap of the first group. I would ride with my clients BMW 130i after they were finished.

See the fence on the left of the first picture? That's where I had to do my panning shots. Needless to say the friggin fence was in the way and there was no room to do proper panning so many of my shots aren't as sharp and steady as I wanted them to be. Leave it the "Sicherheitsgedanke" (safety obsession) of the Germans to screw things up.  :lol:

Nissan R33 GTR and BMWs...

There sure were a lot of R33 GTRs here. Must be recommended by Consumer Reports or something...

Oh look, an R32 GTR!

Redneck action!  :lol:

Bored BMW M3 driver...

Now he's not so bored anymore!  :lol:

Notice the smiley faces on the lights of this BMW!

At this point I was sick of BMWs (and Nissans).  :lol:

Practice Lap Group 1

Look at that! Who needs a Ford-650 when you can have one of these - and do drifting on the track on weekends? The perfect pickup! BMW was stupid to not produce and sell this in America! What a lost opportunity! Pickup during the week, trackcar during the weekend! Would have made BMW and Drivers 10 Best List for 20 years in a row! Who runs BMW? Bunch of morons apparently!  :lol:

Sucks that these excellent panning pictures are of a riced-out BMW. What was this dude thinking?  :facepalm:

Random shots...

I like this shot because it shows how he enters the curb. Sadly those shots were blurry thanks to the friggin wire mesh around me. Damn it...

Here he is again!

Representin GM, yo!  :rockon:

One of the best drifters as it would turn out later. This guy and his friend in the red 3er coupe would PWN the track. In the first thread the guy with the Santa Claus cape drives this car. It was a pleasure to watch every round they drove, especially later during the day. Talented guys.

Mr. Ricer is apparently a good drifter...

This is for the many girls we have here on 'Spin and their MX-5/Miatas!  :evildude:

GROUP 2 getting ready for their practice laps!

Obviously I don't have any shots of them practicing because I was riding with my client!

My clients black BMW 130i 5-Door...

Here I changed positions. There were few good positions for photographers to really capture the action.  :frown:

Notice the smaller rear wheels. I was told this is good for drifting.

These guys again! Watch and learn, kids!  :ohyeah:  :lol:

END OF PART 2
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 13, 2012, 09:04:39 PM
Excellent shot!

Thanks.  :cheers:

They'll get better as the late afternoon comes along because the sun would disappear - no annoying shadows and unwanted (in this case) backlight.

And newer EXOTIC cars will be there to!  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie