Too lazy to (use non functional) search. Star Trek?

Started by sportyaccordy, January 17, 2012, 10:09:57 AM

What is your favorite Star Trek

Original Series
2 (10%)
Cartoon (???)
0 (0%)
The Next Generation
10 (50%)
Deep Space Nine
2 (10%)
Voyager
5 (25%)
Enterprise
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

GoCougs

Quote from: Onslaught on January 21, 2012, 03:39:56 PM
Actually what happened was Leonard Nimoy was going to be in it but bailed out. So they put James in. But still, someone should've said something.

Ooh, interesting, didn't know that. Scotty was perfect for it - added a bit of comedic relief, and the tech tie-in with the Dyson Sphere was awesome.

Laconian

Re: the Dyson sphere, I think it's stupid how systems that have worked flawlessly for millions of years just COINCIDENTALLY blow themselves to shit when the crew of the Enterprise gets close to them.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Cookie Monster

This thread made me give Star Trek a second chance, but I got super bored within the first 15 minutes of TNG.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Laconian

Quote from: thecarnut on January 25, 2012, 07:13:06 PM
This thread made me give Star Trek a second chance, but I got super bored within the first 15 minutes of TNG.
Oh no, you didn't watch season 1, did you?

We've all said time and time again that season 1 blows!

GoCougs

Top 10 episodes for a non-TNG person (many of these are top TNG episodes as whole, but I've left out the mega geeky stuff  Borg, Romulans, etc., that probably requires context to enjoy). These are mostly standalone episodes that require little historical knowledge of the world of Trek:

10.) Yesterday's Enterprise
9.) The Drumhead
8.) The Masterpiece Society
7.) Relics
6.) Cause and Effect (featuring Kelsey Grammer as guest star)
5.) Tapestry
4.) The Measure of a Man
3.) Darmok
2.) The Defector
1.) The Inner Light

Laconian

GoCougs

Yeah, great episode but thought that it was too Borg centric for a newbie to enjoy...

Laconian

Quote from: GoCougs on January 25, 2012, 11:37:58 PM
Yeah, great episode but thought that it was too Borg centric for a newbie to enjoy...
Newbies love the Borg! That's why First Contact was the most successful Trek movie.

GoCougs

Oh, man, don't get me started. I gotta get to bed! Star Trek: First Contact is in my top three all-time favs!

Onslaught

First Contact is the best Next Gen movie. But it really didn't do it for me and I've got some problems with it. As great as the Next Gen cast was I never thought they got the movies they deserved,

SVT666

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2012, 03:45:42 AM
First Contact is the best Next Gen movie. But it really didn't do it for me and I've got some problems with it. As great as the Next Gen cast was I never thought they got the movies they deserved,
The only movie they did that up to standard IMO was First Contact.  Nemesis was good, but not great, Generations was not good at all, and Insurrection was shit.  Insurrection would have been a decent TV episode, but for a movie it sucked.  I also wish that they had been given 6 movies like the original cast.

Laconian

I felt the original Trek characters aged better than the TNG's characters roles. Youth was a more important part of Riker/Troi/LaForge/etc.'s characters. McCoy was already crotchety in the TV show!

hounddog

Quote from: Laconian on January 25, 2012, 06:27:08 PM
Re: the Dyson sphere, I think it's stupid how systems that have worked flawlessly for millions of years just COINCIDENTALLY blow themselves to shit when the crew of the Enterprise gets close to them.
The thing was already broken, which is why it was abandoned.

It just got worse when they go there.  :lol:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

hounddog

Quote from: GoCougs on January 25, 2012, 11:29:39 PM
Top 10 episodes for a non-TNG person (many of these are top TNG episodes as whole, but I've left out the mega geeky stuff  Borg, Romulans, etc., that probably requires context to enjoy). These are mostly standalone episodes that require little historical knowledge of the world of Trek:

10.) Yesterday's Enterprise
9.) The Drumhead
8.) The Masterpiece Society
7.) Relics
6.) Cause and Effect (featuring Kelsey Grammer as guest star)
5.) Tapestry
4.) The Measure of a Man
3.) Darmok
2.) The Defector
1.) The Inner Light
The Inner Light is probably one of the best episodes in the entire family of shows.

Should also include 'Lessons' in your list as well.

The Year of Hell and the two part "Scorpion" from Voyager were also very good.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Quote from: Laconian on January 26, 2012, 02:31:08 PM
I felt the original Trek characters aged better than the TNG's characters roles. Youth was a more important part of Riker/Troi/LaForge/etc.'s characters. McCoy was already crotchety in the TV show!
McCoys cameo in Far Point with Data was a thing of beauty.

I miss that ole' fellow.

"Its a new ship, but shes got the right name. 
Now you remember that, ya hear?"

Data;  "Yes, Sir."

"You treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home."

:clap:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Byteme

Quote from: hounddog on January 26, 2012, 02:37:55 PM
McCoys cameo in Far Point with Data was a thing of beauty.

I miss that ole' fellow.

"Its a new ship, but shes got the right name. 
Now you remember that, ya hear?"

Data;  "Yes, Sir."

"You treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home."

:clap:

One of the few TNG episodes I've seen.