***BMW Welt Visit January 2012***

Started by cawimmer430, January 18, 2012, 09:16:48 AM

cawimmer430

RWD + V8 Twin Turbo + Girls = Penile Erection  YEAH!!! :rockon:

Went to BMW Welt today again out of boredom. I am glad I did because they had the new M5 Safety Car there and they even took a bunch of hot American female tourists for a ride in the car. I took some videos with my camera and later smartphone to record the sound, as the driver was really revving it up. The crowd was mesmerized by the car.

BMW M5 F10 Safety Car

Here it was being driven around BMW Welt. The girls inside were American tourists.  :praise:

Make sure you watch the videos!

Here some American guys got a lift. They went nuts about the car.

VIDEOS (with badass engine sound):

Make sure to cover your keyboard to prevent it from getting sticky. You've been warned.  :winkguy:

1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgC67iIKUJk (0.27 seconds long / Nikon D3s)

2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw2f9xtk_xU (0.8 seconds long / Nikon D3s)

3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CafHS6eDFII ( 1:19 seconds long / Nokia C7)

*Penile erection goes limp*

BMW Isetta being driven inside the Welt. This thing smells awful (screw you, Greenpeace!).

"Man, 13-horsepower? Get the fuck out of here. We only review serious performance cars like 300-hp Nissan Quests or base model 250-hp Corollas." - BMW and Driver Magazine  :facepalm:

Outside they lined up three new BMW 3ers (they also had some inside but I didn't like the clutter around them for photos). Take it from me - this car is BORING. I absolutely felt nothing when I looked at it. No passion, no excitement. Nothing. Older 3ers, now those are cool. This? Leaves me cold I am afraid.  :frown:

But hey... it is RWD, baby! All is forgiven!!!  :rockon:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on January 18, 2012, 09:30:07 AM
Thank you.

Anytime. I also picked up a Gran Coupe brochure. That thing is actually hot.  :rockon:

Oh, and I totally forgot to post the i3 Concept photos.  :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colonel Cadillac

I've completely warmed up to the treatment of the new 3er's headlights. Me wants a new 3-series :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 18, 2012, 12:32:37 PM
I've completely warmed up to the treatment of the new 3er's headlights. Me wants a new 3-series :lol:

Wait until you see it in person. It's not an ugly car, but it's extremely conservative. I always felt the 3er was handsome and elegant without being flashy - this is just boring.

Design is subjective, so you might like it, though.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colonel Cadillac

It is a tad boring, but isn't that what we enthusiasts were calling for when the Banglized BMWs were out? :lol:

I am more interested because it should be great to drive. The 328i is really quick too.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 18, 2012, 01:03:07 PM
I am more interested because it should be great to drive. The 328i is really quick too.

Real men go for a 335i. No wait, an M3!  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

cawimmer430

Hey Hector, what color is this on the new 6er? It's not in the brochure but it looks damn good! I like it.  :mrcool:

Got a whole series of shots coming up of this baby!  :mrcool:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

I would guess java gr?n.

It is a BMW individual paint, but not part of the repertoire they advertise. You have specifically ask for the paint.

Audi, BMW, and Mercedes - and to an extent VW-  all have a huge list of unofficial paints. They would rather you stay with more normal paints, because it is a pita to get such unique colors, which might be ordered only a few times a year, into the production system. However Audi seems to have changed their stance on this recently on the audi.de website they list over 100 paints in the A4 , A5, A6, A7, and A8 configurator. For the most part this seems to be german market only.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on January 18, 2012, 07:57:52 PM
I would guess java gr?n.

It is a BMW individual paint, but not part of the repertoire they advertise. You have specifically ask for the paint.

Audi, BMW, and Mercedes - and to an extent VW-  all have a huge list of unofficial paints. They would rather you stay with more normal paints, because it is a pita to get such unique colors, which might be ordered only a few times a year, into the production system. However Audi seems to have changed their stance on this recently on the audi.de website they list over 100 paints in the A4 , A5, A6, A7, and A8 configurator. For the most part this seems to be german market only.

Thanks for the info, but actually I just changed the color on the car.  :lol:

Here's the original - and even here I made the red a bit darker and more lush!  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

You can get a BMW in most any color you want through the individual program, just bring enough cash.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

850CSi

The overall shape of the F10 is fucking gorgeous. I kind of... want one.

The 6-series, on the other hand... *vomit*

cawimmer430

Quote from: 850CSi on January 20, 2012, 11:16:24 PM
The overall shape of the F10 is fucking gorgeous. I kind of... want one.

The 6-series, on the other hand... *vomit*

The new 6-Series is one of the hottest cars on the market right now IMO.

www.wimmerfotografie.de