Kia Cee'd!

Started by 2o6, January 20, 2012, 07:08:57 PM

2o6

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1071715_2013-kia-ceed-forte-hatchback-images-leaked

It's nice, but a little dull. I hope the US gets something a little bolder. Compared to the hot Rio, and sexy Optima, this looks a little too soft.

SVT666

Looks good.  Kia is on a roll.

Cookie Monster

I think it's a handsome car, actually.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

giant_mtb

Kia's kickin' some ass lately.

AltinD

My sister drives the 2009 model (diesel engine). It is more comfortable, smoother, perhaps more powerful and it has much much better interiours then the petrol Corollas and Civics I've driven here.

.... and it has the smoothest slush box I've ever driven, and I drive a DSG myself.

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

280Z Turbo

Finally, a Korean car that shows some design restraint! It looks good!

AltinD

Cee'd is designed and manufactured in Europe for the European market.

2o6

Quote from: AltinD on January 21, 2012, 07:47:17 AM
Cee'd is designed and manufactured in Europe for the European market.

Oh come on. It's as Korean as the Rio.

cawimmer430

I am not sure what all the excitement is about regarding the design. It's nothing exciting or beautiful to me.

I see this car everyday.  :zzz:

Whoops, that's the Opel Astra, but my point is it looks like every other mainstreamer out there today.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 21, 2012, 02:32:50 PM
I am not sure what all the excitement is about regarding the design. It's nothing exciting or beautiful to me.

I see this car everyday.  :zzz:

Whoops, that's the Opel Astra, but my point is it looks like every other mainstreamer out there today.

Maybe if they made it as boxy as hell, slather the interior in vinyl with lumpy bench seats, remove any sort of creature comforts and features, install a wheezy iron slant-6, give it a useable life-span of 3 years and name it after a gaudy Colorado ski resort, maybe then you'd like it.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rockraven on January 21, 2012, 02:46:56 PM
Maybe if they made it as boxy as hell, slather the interior in vinyl with lumpy bench seats, remove any sort of creature comforts and features, install a wheezy iron slant-6, give it a useable life-span of 3 years and name it after a gaudy Colorado ski resort, maybe then you'd like it.

Well since you brought it up, in terms of style a Dodge Aspen looks more interesting to me than this.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

So you complain about all modern cars looking the same, but relish an era where they were even closer together?

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on January 21, 2012, 02:53:21 PM
So you complain about all modern cars looking the same, but relish an era where they were even closer together?

Let's not derail the thread here. I made a comment about the bland styling of this car and now all of a sudden we're talking about the car that nobody here wants to hear about anymore.

I like older cars more than the newer stuff. Older cars had visual character and interesting designs. These days everything looks alike.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 21, 2012, 02:57:35 PM
I like older cars more than the newer stuff. Older cars had visual character and interesting designs. These days everything looks alike.

50s Dodge

50s Chevy

50s Ford

They all have the same general design language, only the details are different. It works for the most time periods.

sportyaccordy

I like it, but the photography might be lending it visual dynamics that don't necessarily transfer to real life. For example if it was shot close up with a wide angle lens, that would make the corners of the car appear "pinched", which in this case works in this design's favor.

That said, if this is actually how it's gonna look, it's a good start. I am actually hoping they keep it toned down when they translate it into American, as bold designs that aren't perfect in detail tend to age quickly. I also hope they polish its dynamics. Get some more throat and character out of the 1.8 GDI, get some feel through the tiller, make the damping more encouraging & confidence inspiring. Hyundai/Kia is on a good start but they need to get the details right to clinch it.

2o6

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 21, 2012, 05:34:55 PM
I like it, but the photography might be lending it visual dynamics that don't necessarily transfer to real life. For example if it was shot close up with a wide angle lens, that would make the corners of the car appear "pinched", which in this case works in this design's favor.

That said, if this is actually how it's gonna look, it's a good start. I am actually hoping they keep it toned down when they translate it into American, as bold designs that aren't perfect in detail tend to age quickly. I also hope they polish its dynamics. Get some more throat and character out of the 1.8 GDI, get some feel through the tiller, make the damping more encouraging & confidence inspiring. Hyundai/Kia is on a good start but they need to get the details right to clinch it.

The 1.8L in the Elantra isn't a GDI.

AltinD

Raza

It does kind of look like it is the lovechild of a Peugeot and a Fiat.  It's not bad. 

However, the stupid name needs to be changed and I hate the new Kia corporate grille. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.