First Lottery Purchase

Started by Raza , January 25, 2012, 01:06:54 PM

Raza

Inspired by Craig and John in John's thread.

What would be the first car you purchase if you won the lottery (a sizable amount, 100 million or more)?  You can do other firsts (house, boat, watch, sunglasses, dog, cat, standing fan, soda), but limit it to one per category.

My firsts:

Car:  Aston Martin V8 Vantage roadster with a 6 speed stick.  In a dark blue, then I'd get black wheels for it. 

Place to live:  I don't have the exact place, but I think the first purchase would be a luxury, preferably penthouse, condo in Philadelphia.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Payman

1. Drive to Toronto to pick up cheque.
2. Drive over to Pfaff Porsche and buy a 911 Turbo.
3. Give Pontiac G5 to some homeless guy.
4. Buy modest house until dream house is built.
5. Buy Cirrus SR-22GT airplane.
6. Learn to fly.
7. Rent 8 car transporter to bring purchases back from Barrett Jackson auction.
8. Buy ignorant-black Lamborghini Aventador.
9. Buy a boat.
10. Drink beer on my new boat.

Rich

The hottest hooker I can find in the world.

Then an Aston Martin and a Ferrari

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

FoMoJo

Quote from: Rockraven on January 25, 2012, 01:17:58 PM
6. Learn to fly.
9. Buy a boat.
Sounds about right. :ohyeah:

My first thought would be to head down to the first Barrett-Jackson auction and buy whatever-the-hell I wanted...and, maybe, get a hug from Amy Assiter ;).
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Byteme

Quote from: SVT666 on January 25, 2012, 01:17:35 PM

And at this point in my life I'd buy one if I won as little as $500,000.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Secret Chimp

Ariel Atom. Maybe with a wee turbo on it.

Or a Pagani Zonda R.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SVT666

Quote from: Rockraven on January 25, 2012, 01:17:58 PM
6. Learn to fly.
9. Buy a boat.

I like your train of thought.  Here is how my first week would go:
1. Change all our phone numbers and email addresses.
2. Quit my job.  I really like where I work, so I would give him a cheque for $50,000 for his trouble since he will most likely miss several deadlines.
3. Drive to Kamloops (2 hours away) to pick up cheque.
4. Deposit Cheque.
5. Fly to wherever the hell I have to in order to get a pristine low mileage Ford GT.
6. Drive it home from wherever the hell I found it.
7. Buy acreage and have my dream home and especially my dream garage designed.  House would be 3500-3800 sq.ft. and the garage would be 4000 sq.ft.
8. Buy a really cool ski/wakeboard boat
9. Take the family on a trip to Fiji.

EDIT:  I deleted the 2nd half of my post because it didn't follow the intent of the thread.

hotrodalex

I have absolutely no idea. There are too many cars that I want. Barrett Jackson sounds like a good place to start looking, though. That, or I'd just bring my El Camino to a hot rod shop and have them finish it.

A garage would be the next order of business. I'd probably just buy a small warehouse and use that.

Lebowski

I'd start with a 993 Turbo S.

S204STi

I am a little concerned about appearing rich, possibly because most of my friends aren't.  So I'd either go with a 2007 STI Limited (if I can find one), or a new STI hatch, get it tuned locally, maybe do some minor suspension mods, and then a few months later discreetly add the Triumph Speed Triple. 

hounddog

My first two purchases would be of the non-car segment;

First would be a Doral Alegria

Then an Ocean Alexander 72 pilothouse

Then, my next stop would be at the BMW dealership for this;

2012 BMW 650i convertible, but I would prefer a really nice metallic green with the nearly white leather.  If not available, I would do it just like the photo except it would have very similar wheels in bright chrome.  I would prefer a stick if available, but I would settle for auto.

This engine is incredible in every respect, and the new bodystyle is sex. 
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

93JC

Porsche. Probably a Cayman, maybe a 911.

Of course this would be sometime after I bought a nice plot of land in the country and built a big garage/workshop.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666

Quote from: S204STi on January 25, 2012, 04:54:27 PM
I am a little concerned about appearing rich, possibly because most of my friends aren't.  So I'd either go with a 2007 STI Limited (if I can find one), or a new STI hatch, get it tuned locally, maybe do some minor suspension mods, and then a few months later discreetly add the Triumph Speed Triple. 
I would give three friends a million dollars each, so we can be rich together.

S204STi

J86

First lottery purchase?  Expensive dinner!

Second?  I'd get the knees replaced on me 1926 sailing dinghy (built by my great great grandfather) so I could toss it back in the water.

hotrodalex

I am a little concerned about appearing rich, possibly because most of my friends aren't. 

I'd tell 'em I spent all my money already. :lol:

Raza

I'd get a gift for all my coworkers.  A custom keychain, with a picture of me, at my desk, with both my middle fingers up, with the words "Wish you were here". 

Because they're stuck there!  And I'd be free!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CJ

Submariner

Quote from: SVT666 on January 25, 2012, 06:02:30 PM
I would give three friends a million dollars each, so we can be rich together.

Hey, buddy.  :cheers:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Vinsanity

black Cadillac CTS-V coupe. First thing I would do is skip out, take it on a cross-country road trip to NYC, and then fly to London from there. Do some backpacking across Europe into Greece, then take a flight down to India, Thailand, Japan, then Alaska. Take a cruise from Alaska back to CA, and come home to this: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/11852-Pacific-Coast-Hwy_Malibu_CA_90265_M12495-56052

Oh yeah, and have the Caddy transported back to my new home from NYC.

TBR

Well, for the purpose of this hypothetical, I'll assume that I'll still be working in Dallas starting this summer so first things first I'd put down a deposit for a condo in this building (the blue one):

Preferably this floor plan:

~5000 sq ft at $500 per so that'd be $2.5mm ()

Car wise:

ifcar

Probably the first car I'd buy would be a Mazda MX-5 while I had a chance to drive a few nice sedans and wagons (3-Series and A6 being front-runners, vs. their respective competitors). I'd also strongly consider a two-door Wrangler or maybe a base Tacoma, as something to park on the street where dents only add to its character.

thewizard16

Car:
At that amount, I'd be finding one of these immediately:

Residence:
If I were still in Little Rock, then I want the top, left unit on the building at the right:

Pssh, everyone wants a rich friend that wins the lottery. They benefit from the parties, fun cars, and big house too! I think I would do some big vacations and pay the way for some friends to come with me that way you can really enjoy the money with friends.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Onslaught

I'd rent out the billboard sign across from my job and it would tell them what I thought.

As for cars it be a FD RX-7. Now that's not the only car I'd get. I'd pick out a car like you guys and have it in a week. But I know of an FD near me that I want so that would be the first thing I went to get. Probably a DB9 or something like that.