2006 Corvette Z06 on ebay

Started by Andrewsky, October 09, 2005, 11:30:03 AM

Andrewsky

2006 Corvette Z06 on ebay

Buy it now is $82,500, starting bid is $82,000.

Jet Black 2005 Mini Cooper S

Raghavan

Secret Chimp

That is one of the most ugly-ass affluent neighborhoods I've seen.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

CaseyNPham

Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Raghavan

QuoteThat is one of the most ugly-ass affluent neighborhoods I've seen.
why? place looks nice.

JYODER240

QuoteThat is one of the most ugly-ass affluent neighborhoods I've seen.
looks like it might still be under-construction
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

TBR

It isn't your typical affluent neighborhood but it can't be because it is clearly in the southwest which means there are very few trees.

Secret Chimp

QuoteIt isn't your typical affluent neighborhood but it can't be because it is clearly in the southwest which means there are very few trees.
Wow, you're a genius.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Andrewsky

Jet Black 2005 Mini Cooper S

thewizard16

QuoteIt isn't your typical affluent neighborhood but it can't be because it is clearly in the southwest which means there are very few trees.
That's what I was going to point out. There are some amazing neighborhoods here that I'd love to go take pictures of, but I don't live there, so I doubt they'd let me in the gates. It's an area on the edge of Fayetteville called Goshen. Home to 780-ish very wealthy people. One neighborhood is actually a Polo club, minimum square footage of 5,000, must have at least 3 floors, must be brick, etc. There are four others that have walls around them that look like fortresses and are filled with some amazing houses. As you can imagine, the cars you can see when you go by are rather nice.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TBR

We have one development that has mostly upper level houses with some parts gated off with 8000+ sq ft houses on 2+ acre lots overlooking private ponds.  

BMWDave

That's what I was going to point out. There are some amazing neighborhoods here that I'd love to go take pictures of, but I don't live there, so I doubt they'd let me in the gates. It's an area on the edge of Fayetteville called Goshen. Home to 780-ish very wealthy people. One neighborhood is actually a Polo club, minimum square footage of 5,000, must have at least 3 floors, must be brick, etc. There are four others that have walls around them that look like fortresses and are filled with some amazing houses. As you can imagine, the cars you can see when you go by are rather nice.
I was in the Hamptons last year, and the houses are just gorgeous, with private beaches on the Atlantic, along with freshwater ponds for boating.  Its just gorgeous.  RR's and Bentleys are common place, so are Maseratis and Ferraris.  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Why would I pay that much for that?  I can just go to a dealer and save 20K.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

QuoteWhy would I pay that much for that?  I can just go to a dealer and save 20K.
Not likely, I suspect there are some big markups.

And, all of the rich people around here seem to drive compact suvs.  <_<  

thewizard16

I was in the Hamptons last year, and the houses are just gorgeous, with private beaches on the Atlantic, along with freshwater ponds for boating.  Its just gorgeous.  RR's and Bentleys are common place, so are Maseratis and Ferraris.
Well, this isn't the Hamptons by any means, but compared to normal, or even nice houses, every house in these neighborhoods would qualify as a "mansion". (5000 square feet is the minimum... average square footage is much higher.) Some are beautiful. Of course, some look terrible. Oh well, I'm sure the people who built it thought it was attractive.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TBR

It seems to me that most rich people have no taste. They either design something so pretentious that it looks tacky or something so clean that it looks stark.

Raghavan

Well, this isn't the Hamptons by any means, but compared to normal, or even nice houses, every house in these neighborhoods would qualify as a "mansion". (5000 square feet is the minimum... average square footage is much higher.) Some are beautiful. Of course, some look terrible. Oh well, I'm sure the people who built it thought it was attractive.
Don't judge a house by the outside. my friends house looks like a dump from the outside, but in the inside, it's awesome. i wish i could live there. :praise:  

TBR

Generally if a house is huge it will be nice inside.

Raghavan

QuoteGenerally if a house is huge it will be nice inside.
It's not that big, and it looks like it's falling apart and is in shambles.

TBR

I was refering to this statement: ' Don't judge a house by the outside"

Raghavan

QuoteI was refering to this statement: ' Don't judge a house by the outside"
Oh, ok. YOu should quote what you're refering to then. ;)  

giant_mtb

My house looks big from the outside but it really isn't all that big...?  :blink:  

TBR

It depends on the surroundings, generally if a house is pretty much by itself in a middle of a large clearing (like yours IIRC) it will look larger than it really is, but if a house in a tightly packed suburban development it will look smaller than it really is.

JYODER240

QuoteIt seems to me that most rich people have no taste. They either design something so pretentious that it looks tacky or something so clean that it looks stark.
they are probably saying the same thing about you and your tastes in designs ;)  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

Maybe so, I really don't know or care.  

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteGenerally if a house is huge it will be nice inside.
Not always, I'v been in those houses where they're just huge on the outside, and then just huge on the inside without much taste, where it's just too spacious.  

Colonel Cadillac

Also, you should judge the house from the outside, if it is ugly from the outside, it is an ugly house.