Spy Shots: 08 Saturn Vue

Started by ifcar, October 10, 2005, 07:47:43 AM

ifcar

GM's ownership of Korean automaker Daewoo is already paying off with numerous Daewoo-built models being sold under various GM nameplates including Chevy and Suzuki. Currently the GM-Daewoo partnership is creating a new crossover vehicle built on GM's Theta platform, which will be sold in Europe as the Opel Frontera and in the U.S.  as the replacement for the current Saturn Vue.

These photos show a prototype of the Opel Frontera during recent testing in Europe. (Black tape from the front end and sides has been removed by computer.) The side view shows the first glimpse of the dashboard, too.

The next Opel Frontera is expected to enter the market as a five-door only and will be released at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2006. Power is likely to come from two 2.0-liter diesel engines with 120 and 150 hp and a 2.3-liter V-6 gas engine.

For the U.S. market, the styling will be updated to incorporate typical Saturn design elements, and the new crossover is expected to be introduced for the 2008 model year, replacing the current Saturn Vue.

Catman

thewizard16

Not bad. Much better than the current one.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

BMWDave

This looks a lot like the S3X concept.  Very nice looking.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

Anyone else see Kia Sorento/ MB ML in it?

mazda6er

QuoteAnyone else see Kia Sorento/ MB ML in it?
Yeah, I think I do see a bit as well.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

Yeah, I think I do see a bit as well.
the headlights look awkward as well.

ifcar

"For the U.S. market, the styling will be updated to incorporate typical Saturn design elements..."

We might get different headlights.  

giant_mtb

The Benz is what popped into my head first...pretty similar.  Looks nice.

Fire It Up

It reminds me of that S3X concept or whatever from Chevy.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

Quote"For the U.S. market, the styling will be updated to incorporate typical Saturn design elements..."

Is this based off of an Opel then?

giant_mtb

Quote"For the U.S. market, the styling will be updated to incorporate typical Saturn design elements..."

Considering the spy shots are of an Opel vehicle, I would deffinitely assume so.  Either that or they're being produced in conjunction.

Raghavan

Considering the spy shots are of an Opel vehicle, I would deffinitely assume so.  Either that or they're being produced in conjunction.
Actually, after readign the article, it's based off of a Daewoo. <_<  

giant_mtb

Oh...I guess I shoulda read it too...

Daewoo... <_<  

Raghavan

Oh...I guess I shoulda read it too...

Daewoo... <_<
Daewoo sucks. I hate them.

ifcar

It's a Daewoo-based Opel, don't know how much change they'll be putting into it. But they've made some improvements, they have some decent products out now.