Perfect MK1 MR2 For Sale on EBay

Started by Speed_Racer, October 11, 2005, 03:51:36 PM

Speed_Racer

1987 MR2 for Sale - $25K

Wow! My jaw dropped when i found this on eBay. I sure wish my red coat of paint was as glossy as this one's.

I guess MR2 owners everywhere have taken notice, calling it one of the finest MK1s around.

I'll post pics when I'm not in my Pers. Finance class.  ;)  

Secret Chimp

Jeedamn, step back in time indeed.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

footoflead

DAMN....HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o ...that car has be well cared for...

The thought of picking up a 1st gen MR2 has been floating in my head...i have driven my bros 2nd gen and loved it...Damn, i really wish i could afford one in that condition...

Holy friggin crap thats a nice car...
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

I want that. :o Can anyone gimme 25k? Of course, i don't REALLY want it actually...

footoflead

QuoteI want that. :o Can anyone gimme 25k? Of course, i don't REALLY want it actually...
:praise: MR2 are sweet cars... :praise:  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

QuoteI want that. :o Can anyone gimme 25k? Of course, i don't REALLY want it actually...
Yeah, they are, but if i got THAT particular car, I'd drive the wheels off of it, and then i'd feel bad about making it that way.

footoflead

Yeah, they are, but if i got THAT particular car, I'd drive the wheels off of it, and then i'd feel bad about making it that way.
;) Ya know you can drive a car like it was meant to be driven and have it not fall apart...its a little thing called maintaince ;)  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

;) Ya know you can drive a car like it was meant to be driven and have it not fall apart...its a little thing called maintaince ;)
I know, but it won't be in as nice condition as it is now.

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

mazda6er

That's a real beauty. This guy probably doesn't have kids and the car is his baby. It looks amazing. :wub:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

The car does look amazing, this is in great condition.  Its at 8K now, is that a good price for that gen MR2?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

footoflead

QuoteThe car does look amazing, this is in great condition.  Its at 8K now, is that a good price for that gen MR2?
I think it might be a little high...but i'm no expert...just an admirer (sp?)

MR2 :wub:

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

QuoteThe car does look amazing, this is in great condition.  Its at 8K now, is that a good price for that gen MR2?
8k is actually pretty expensive for an MK1.

mazda6er

QuoteThe car does look amazing, this is in great condition.  Its at 8K now, is that a good price for that gen MR2?
I don't know, but considering the condition, the mileage and the MR-2's loyal following, that's not bad at all. It's practically brand new.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SaltyDog

Looks like it came out of a time capsule.  

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

footoflead

QuoteLooks like it came out of a time capsule.
Looks like it just came off the showroom a couple days ago...i still cant get over how good that car looks...DAMN :rockon:  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

SaltyDog

QuoteLooks like it came out of a time capsule.
Looks like it just came off the showroom a couple days ago...i still cant get over how good that car looks...DAMN :rockon:
Well he could have dusted the center console, but that's nitpicking.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

Speed_Racer

I think average prices for MK1 MR2s (non-supercharged) can run from $600 if they are in really crappy shape to $5000 or $6000 for a nicely kept 40-60K mile rust free MR2. Those are my estimates.

The average prices for very decent ones are around $2500-$4500 or so. They may be nearing 100K, but overall the car is in good shape. N/A MR2 engines are very reliable, and 100K is "breaking it in." Supercharged cars can go for a bit higher. MR2s that have been shamefully customized sometimes can go for less.

footoflead

QuoteI think average prices for MK1 MR2s (non-supercharged) can run from $600 if they are in really crappy shape to $5000 or $6000 for a nicely kept 40-60K mile rust free MR2. Those are my estimates.

The average prices for very decent ones are around $2500-$4500 or so. They may be nearing 100K, but overall the car is in good shape. N/A MR2 engines are very reliable, and 100K is "breaking it in." Supercharged cars can go for a bit higher. MR2s that have been shamefully customized sometimes can go for less.
mark my words speed racer...i will be consulting you when i get ready to purchase my own car...So you better stick around  B)  :rockon:

A 1st gen MR2 in somewhat decent shape is a VERY appealing option right now B)  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

QuoteI think average prices for MK1 MR2s (non-supercharged) can run from $600 if they are in really crappy shape to $5000 or $6000 for a nicely kept 40-60K mile rust free MR2. Those are my estimates.

I see.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Run Away

That's gorgeous. Most MK1s you see on eBay are bagged out and in pretty sorry shape, or quite pricey.  

Raghavan

All the MR2's on eBay are riced out. :(

Speed_Racer

mark my words speed racer...i will be consulting you when i get ready to purchase my own car...So you better stick around  B)  :rockon:

I'll be here for quite a while. Let me know when you need me. I can give tips of what to look for when buying an MR2 or otherwise! B)

And to whoever purchases an MR2, don't rice it! Body kits, fat coffee can exhausts, and "custom" interiors diminsh the appeal of the "natural" MR2. If you are going to do little upgrades, ex. rims or a stereo, always keep the original parts.

There are fewer and fewer unmolested MR2s, so the original-looking ones will be worth even more in 10-20 years!

giant_mtb

Nice car!  That's amazing...only 30-- miles!  :o  :ph34r:  

footoflead

I'll be here for quite a while. Let me know when you need me. I can give tips of what to look for when buying an MR2 or otherwise! B)

And to whoever purchases an MR2, don't rice it! Body kits, fat coffee can exhausts, and "custom" interiors diminsh the appeal of the "natural" MR2. If you are going to do little upgrades, ex. rims or a stereo, always keep the original parts.

There are fewer and fewer unmolested MR2s, so the original-looking ones will be worth even more in 10-20 years!
Ok :rockon: , I'll be sure to discuss MR2's when i can for sure get a car within XX # of days...I hope i can the the folks to go for it...shouldnt be to hard right...its a nice car...dependable...4 cyl( ;) )...gets pretty decent gas milage (this should be the biggy right now)..

And trust me, if i get my hands on a MR2 in good shape...i will NOT rice it...it will only improve in condition :praise: ..you dont have to worry about me guys :praise:  B)  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

I would never pay anywhere near 25 grand for that (a brand new MR-2 Spyder costs less than that, and probably handles better and is probably faster).  So who cares if it's only got 3000 some miles?  New cars have a whole lot less than that.  

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Why?

12k now, man that is close to what it cost brand new.

Dude the MrS Spyders were imitators. They were nice cars but were not worthy of the name MR2, which is why is wasn't used.

Catman

Sweet car but I wouldn't pay anywhere near $12000 for it.  For that money I'd be looking at something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIATA-MX5-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Raza

Quote12k now, man that is close to what it cost brand new.

Dude the MrS Spyders were imitators. They were nice cars but were not worthy of the name MR2, which is why is wasn't used.
It was used, it was called the MR2 Spyder in America.  The MR2 Spyder is absolutely a fantastic car.  I've never driven any of the older generations, but the MR2 Spyder was not only pretty fast (blew all its competitors out of the water when it first came out, and still does a good job against the new MX-5 and Solstice/Sky), but handled like a dream as well.  It felt like a Porsche Boxster, but only half the price.  I've been lucky enough to have driven many fantastic cars in my short lifetime (Boxster S, 350Z, GTO, S55 AMG, et cetera) but the only car that impressed me more than the MR-2 Spyder was the Porsche Boxster S.  That car is in good company, and should go down as a legend.  It's possibly the best car Toyota has ever made.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.