Man Gets Three Speeding Tickets on the way to Court

Started by dazzleman, March 09, 2012, 06:45:09 PM

dazzleman

I wonder if any of the guys on the 'spin could pull off this coup...... :lol:

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/03/09/police-say-driver-gets-three-speeding-tickets-in-an-hour/

Police Say Driver Gets Three Speeding Tickets In An Hour To Make Court Date

March 9, 2012 5:30 AM

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) ? Traffic officers along Interstate 84 in Oregon?s Columbia River Gorge say a lead-footed driver was in such a hurry to make a court date on a meth possession charge that he racked up $2,000 worth of speeding tickets in an hour.

Police say 34-year-old Jose Romero-Valenzuela of Las Vegas, Nev., was zooming west Wednesday morning and got pulled over three times ? first at 105 mph, then at 98 mph and finally at 92 mph.

Police say the last ticket appeared to have an effect. Down the road a bit, a trooper set up watch and clocked him at the limit, 65 mph.

Besides fines and penalties, police say his license could be suspended for up to 90 days if he?s found guilty on the citation alleging driving in excess of 100 mph.

Police confirm he was indeed scheduled for a court appearance later Wednesday in Oregon City, south of Portland.

(? Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

:lol:

+1 point for including the "you can't republish" disclaimer with the republished article. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 11, 2012, 05:09:42 PM
:lol:

+1 point for including the "you can't republish" disclaimer with the republished article. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha, that's the next best thing to speeding... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

MaxPower

I had a defendant get pulled over on the way to court for a trial...one of the other officers was all excited to wait for him after the trial but, whoops, he went to jail instead.

SVT666

When I saw this was from a Seattle paper I thought it might be Cougs.

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT666 on March 13, 2012, 11:24:17 AM
When I saw this was from a Seattle paper I thought it might be Cougs.

I wish, man.  That would be hilarious... :lol:

SVT666

Well, if it was Cougs it would have read, "Man Gets Three Speeding Tickets and Four HOV Violations On Way To Court"

shp4man

I think "meth possession charge" pretty much explains it all.  :huh: