TrailBlazer SS

Started by ifcar, October 13, 2005, 07:18:31 AM

ifcar

I've seen every indication that the TrailBlazer SS is already available, but I haven't been able to locate one anywhere. Chevrolet.com talks about the version extensively, but lacks an option to "locate" one.

Anyone know if those things are around?

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

I thought they were released last month...

Raza

I thought they were already out as well.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

That's what I'd thought, but I haven't been able to find out. I may have to resort to asking a dealer, but they rarely have accurate information.

Raza

QuoteThat's what I'd thought, but I haven't been able to find out. I may have to resort to asking a dealer, but they rarely have accurate information.
Just give them a ring.  Generally, they'll know if they have a car on the lot, or at least if they'll be getting one soon.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

You'd be surprised, especially for a specific version of a car.

Asking dealers is a last resort, and even then only in person.  

Raza

QuoteYou'd be surprised, especially for a specific version of a car.

They have a printout list of which cars are coming in, down to color, options, transmission, and the like.  I've seen it.  ;)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cozmik

They have a printout list of which cars are coming in, down to color, options, transmission, and the like.  I've seen it.  ;)
Yeah, just call them. They know everything they have and what's on order. Now whether they decide to take the time to look it up for you or not is a whole other story. If they get the impression you aren't serious, they probably won't waste their time.

On that note, the suspension calibrations, braking system, etc, all come more or less directly from the changes Saab made for the 9-7x. The TB SS just has a bigger engine, cheaper interior, and doesn't look as good.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

ifcar

The people who answer the phone have never been able to even tell me with any regularity even what they have on the lot, "I dunno" is a common answer. Worse are the ones that say things that they don't know.

Maybe the premium or nice dealers will look up this information, I haven't found that. The people on the phone are probably being paid $8 an hour and couldn't care less about the customer. They don't get the commission.  

ifcar

QuoteOn that note, the suspension calibrations, braking system, etc, all come more or less directly from the changes Saab made for the 9-7x. The TB SS just has a bigger engine, cheaper interior, and doesn't look as good.
I don't think so, it sounds like it will have a much stiffer ride than the 9-7X does, and I believe it has better brakes as well. And of course there's the LS2.