Would You Bespoke Your Existing Vehicle? Rolls-Royce Bespoking on the Rise...

Started by Atomic, March 17, 2012, 09:45:19 AM

Atomic

did not enter this thread under the "Luxury Car" segment, as i wonder how you would bespoke your current car or would bespoke that dream vehicle of yours.

the following link (with cool pics) discusses the rising trend among rolls-royce owners in NA and around the world:

$$$ http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/01/more-than-half-of-rolls-royce-ghost.html $$$  :winkguy:

Speed_Racer

Well...if I were rich enough to afford a RR, I'd drop the extra $ to make it unique. Can't say I'd dress it up like they do in the middle east, though. Unlike them, I've got taste.

Atomic

for a lower end car, i would probably stick to "creating" a very rich color or extra sporty looking one depending on the vehicle. it keep resale up, as anything "too far" out there would likely severely decrease trade in value. i would go with the best leather possibly and real wood trim in just the "right places" -- nothing gaudy.

if able to afford a rolls-royce or bentley, i would certainly not go with basic black or maytag appliance white. the vast majority sold are black, followed by white, followed by silver/gray. if going classic, i would do a two-tone incorporating a shade of one of those or other common choice with a less popular contrasting color. the interior would have lots of leather, exotic wood trim and lamb's wool rugs. if a RR or large bentley coupe, i might replace wood for an attractive metal finish, quilted leather seats, etc.

SVT666

If I could afford to get a paint job done correctly, I might get a colour that is not available from the factory, or wheels, but nothing more than that. 

Atomic

Atomic

bringing back a color not available for several years or more might be cool. my 1990 nissan maxima was this gorgeous color called "Sand Gray" -- just awesome. this was prior to what seems very popular today: various shades of browns and grays. this color looked mocha in certain light.

Speed_Racer

Oh dang! I've got it!

I'd paint my RR like the General Lee. And weld the doors shut so everyone has to jump across the hood and climb in through the windows.

Atomic

Quote from: Speed_Racer on March 17, 2012, 12:11:49 PM
Oh dang! I've got it!

I'd paint my RR like the General Lee. And weld the doors shut so everyone has to jump across the hood and climb in through the windows.
it has been done before  :lol:

actually, a man in palm beach, FL said if "he made it" in life and in the business world he would special order a spanking brand new RR and order it in a one of a kind color -- to show the car off to many that said he would never make anything of himself. TRUE STORY! the color he created and named? F*ck-U Yellow  :rastaman:

it was hiddeous, but everyone in PB new him, if not "of him" :)

AutobahnSHO

Do they make those color-change colors that AREN'T super-sparkly?  I'd go for one of those OVER a darker color- so it wouldn't be so obvious and girly.

(Cuz they always seem to be purples and pinks...)
Will

AltinD

Quote from: Speed_Racer on March 17, 2012, 10:18:15 AM
Well...if I were rich enough to afford a RR, I'd drop the extra $ to make it unique. Can't say I'd dress it up like they do in the middle east, though. Unlike them, I've got taste.

Yeah right ....

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Laconian

If I had a Veyron, hell yes, I would. I remember seeing a photo of one that had a two-tone scheme of a pearlescent robin's egg blue and polished chrome. My heart ached from the beauty of that thing.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 17, 2012, 01:32:29 PM
Do they make those color-change colors that AREN'T super-sparkly?  I'd go for one of those OVER a darker color- so it wouldn't be so obvious and girly.

(Cuz they always seem to be purples and pinks...)

HOK green-to-gold kameleon actually looks pretty good.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Rupert

Bespoke is an adjective, not a fucking verb, you idiot. Bespoking isn't a word at all.

You can have a bespoke car, and you can make a car bespoke, but you cannot ever bespoke a car.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Rupert on March 17, 2012, 03:48:01 PM
Bespoke is an adjective, not a fucking verb, you idiot. Bespoking isn't a word at all.

You can have a bespoke car, and you can make a car bespoke, but you cannot ever bespoke a car.

The word he is actually searching for is "customize." or "order a bespoke car."
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

sportyaccordy

Factory customizing is a ripoff, case in point Porsche

All of my cars have become one of a kind by my hand

Laconian

My Miata became incredibly customized, like a unique snowflake, when it got in that massive accident.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

Quote from: Laconian on March 17, 2012, 04:35:30 PM
My Miata became incredibly customized, like a unique snowflake, when it got in that massive accident.

Sooo elite.

AutobahnSHO

Will

S204STi

AltinD

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 17, 2012, 06:36:33 PM
That would be really sweet if it was all one piece. ie not random patchjob.

Because it's not a paint job at all, or any kind of factory customization, it's just a very poorly done vinyl/foil wrap ... probably by someone following Sporty's philosophy of DIY :devil:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Atomic

easy, easy...

Atomic

there is only one color that RR and bentley will not use for anyone other than one particular family, the windsor's. it is a deep shade of "purple" (plum-like) , a color of the british royal fleet. it is either by copyright, agreement and/or respect for the british monarch. i recall seeing a program about cars of the royals about the time queen elizabeth was given bentley as a gift for her many years of leadership. the gift was not a surprise, rather customized with explicit directives and continual oversight by palace officials and the queen herself.

with another milestone anniversary of her years reigning as queen this year or next, i wonder if it is time for another befitting limousine for her majesty.

Atomic

i may not be the most eloquent speaker or perfect writer, especially growing up with three languages being spoken in the house. having survived a brain tumor in the not-so-distant-past and the vehicular accident related closed head injury, i am utmost proud of my accomplishments. i rarely talk about the past as it is still fresh and rather painful. I had to give up my private practice and consulting business i continue to undergo cognitive therapy and to this day, i am working closely with a neuropsychologist, neurologist and neurosurgeon.

i enjoy the help of those pointing out errors so that i can progress beyond where i am at this time during my recovery. i appreciate being "called out" but not being labeled an idiot.

well, all of this aside, i referred to an english dictionary and am glad that i did. here is the excerpt of the word "bespoke" and words derived from it...

BESPOKE, BESPOKED, BESPOKING

In English, the conjugated forms are the same for the following persons: you, we and they. 

Present continuous

I am bespoking
you are bespoking
he/she/it is bespoking
we are bespoking
you are bespoking
they are bespoking

Present perfect

I have bespoked
you have bespoked
he/she/it has bespoked
we have bespoked
you have bespoked
they have bespoked

Future

I will bespoke
you will bespoke
he/she/it will bespoke
we will bespoke
you will bespoke
they will bespoke

Future perfect

I will have bespoked
you will have bespoked
he/she/it will have bespoked
we will have bespoked
you will have bespoked
they will have bespoked

Past continuous

I was bespoking
you were bespoking
he/she/it was bespoking
we were bespoking
you were bespoking
they were bespoking

Past perfect

I had bespoked
you had bespoked
he/she/it had bespoked
we had bespoked
you had bespoked
they had bespoked

Future continuous

I will be bespoking
you will be bespoking
he/she/it will be bespoking
we will be bespoking
you will be bespoking
they will be bespoking

Present perfect continuous

I have been bespoking
you have been bespoking
he/she/it has been bespoking
we have been bespoking
you have been bespoking
they have been bespoking

Past perfect continuous

I had been bespoking
you had been bespoking
he/she/it had been bespoking
we had been bespoking
you had been bespoking
they had been bespoking

Future perfect continuous

I will have been bespoking
you will have been bespoking
he/she/it will have been bespoking
we will have been bespoking
you will have been bespoking
they will have been bespoking

Atomic

stereo systems and other entertainment features would be key. even more important for me is no light colored carpets. i like the new wave of dark (usually black) carpeting even with light color seats. BMW has a great color combination in the X3 i recently drove. it was called "oyster" -- cream color seats/trim and black carpeting/trim with complimentary wood in all the right places. stunning.

Atomic

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 17, 2012, 04:34:28 PM
Factory customizing is a ripoff, case in point Porsche

All of my cars have become one of a kind by my hand
awesome sporty. not everyone has the talent. wish i was talented in this area. i often do my own detailing (well, prior to bilateral wrist fractures). not only does it save money, it gives you more pride in your work and the car you drive.

TurboDan

I personally think Rolls Royces are the ugliest cars money can. They look like old Lincolns.