zoom zoom!!! (WAS zoom zoom ???? )

Started by AutobahnSHO, March 20, 2012, 10:23:24 PM

Speed_Racer

Congrats! That's exciting that you have an extra fun car now.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on June 29, 2012, 09:27:26 PM
What is that black box to the right of the shifter?

Aftermarket fold-out cupholder

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Secret Chimp on June 30, 2012, 01:18:09 AM
Aftermarket fold-out cupholder

Correct. The OEM holders are right where your arm goes for shifting.
Will

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza  on June 30, 2012, 07:23:34 AM
Time to update your sig.

good call, done. :lol:   Also noticed my avatar pic link was broken. some other picture hosting service was bought by flickr was bought by yahoo and eventually "snapfish" was no more?

----------------------------

Stalled the Miata today- one of the steepest roads leading to a stoplight I've ever seen though. So I p-braked it, revved it, burned a little rubber.   :thumbsup:
Will

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

hotrodalex

Rupert

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on June 30, 2012, 05:36:40 AM
Correct. The OEM holders are right where your arm goes for shifting.

I thought even those were aftermarket. I thought NA Miatas had an ash tray there.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rupert on June 30, 2012, 11:51:25 PM
I thought even those were aftermarket. I thought NA Miatas had an ash tray there.

Manual says the ashtray is optional. And there are warnings about not putting trash into the ashtray because it can catch on fire and a warning about don't drink and drive imprinted on the bottom 'tray'.
Will

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

nickdrinkwater

looks like it will shine up well with a bit of graft.  Good price!

AutobahnSHO

BTW, Insurance bumped up $43 a month, I really didn't have extra cash in hand so had to do a loan. :(
USAA only goes down to $2500. I couldn't finance it as a car loan (7%) because the purchase price plus fees would only have been $2200. So I got a $2500 personal loan for 11% over two years.  That comes out to about $65 per month.

So a little under $110/month, wifey cancelled her $60/month gym membership and we're really not missig the money.

Well worth it for the fun factor so far, it was 45deg this morning at 0600hours (6am to some of ya'll  ;) ) so I threw my foliage green fleece hat, my grey army physical fitness jacket, foliage green aviator gloves, and black workout pants over my shorts and shirt and drove with the top down.  (which illicited a bunch of "you're crazy!" comments, but really it was a gorgeous 12 miles!!!!!)
Basically there's no point in even owning it if the top is up. I consider it my fair weather car- the subie is generally more practical. It stays in the garage when it's really raining.

Oh and I got 28.4mpg this morning, not bad for full throttle after EVERY light.  :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

Oh and as noted in some other thread, I found a poorly painted 1993 in the salvage yard and now have a driver's seat to replace the current one.  Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Will

Speed_Racer

You sound like my father. If he's driving his mx5, the top Is down. When he bought it, it was in the middle of a NH winter. It was below freezing and. :lohe still drove it home with the top down :lol:

Rupert

So long as it's dry and 30 min or less, just crank the heat, put on a coat and gloves, and keep a blanket in the car!

I used to commute to work in the MG with the top down like that. Old dudes gave me a thumbs up, everyone else stared. :lol: