Are any of you one of those guys that tailgates virtually every other vehicle?

Started by shp4man, March 22, 2012, 01:43:28 PM

280Z Turbo

Quote from: J86 on June 23, 2012, 05:41:57 PM
One of my buddies in college rolled his... twice :lol:

Another got his on two wheels on an exit ramp.  That is nothing I ever want to be a part of ever again.

Consecutively?

hotrodalex

You know what's more annoying that HIDs? Today I passed a cop on the side of the road with his spotlight on. A couple of other cars passed by and then he pulled out (assuming he had just finished a traffic stop). Those other cars ended up turning off at some point, so he was right behind me with his spotlight still on. Luckily it was still light outside so it wasn't really a big deal, but annoying nonetheless. Plus I had to stick to the speed limit. :lol:

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on June 23, 2012, 05:58:16 PM
I caught myself tailgating the fuck out of left-lane campers this past weekend. Actually, I thought of this thread. I think it somewhat helps that the GTI has an aggressive front fascia and HIDs.  :lol:

Thing is, it's effective at getting those fuckers to move over 6/10 times.

I was super aggressive this week.  Today in particular.  They got two Mississippis before I made a move around them.  I actually did have a Golf get out of my way when I was going to pass him on the right though.  

It is amazing though, how many "aggressive" drivers are so poor at moving through traffic.  They don't look forward.  They drive up, slam on the brakes, drive slowly, and then move right or left to pass.  Whereas if you're looking forward, you can move right or left to pass without ever having to slow down. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

I thought I was going to get rearended today. I took off from a red light and a woman in a Rogue accelerated in lockstep with me very close to my rear bumper.

But there comes a time when I have to do the 1-2 shift, and during that break in acceleration I thought she was going to make contact. :facepalm:

Why can't people just chill out. The following light was red anyways.

J86

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on June 23, 2012, 09:47:30 PM
Consecutively?

Nah, rolled it once sophomore year, once junior or senior year.  Well, one time it just fell on its side, but I'll count it :lol:.  He had the thing lifted slightly on 33 or 35" mudders.  Go blasting around fields trying to get stuck.  When you do stupid stuff so frequently, the odds of something stupid happening increase dramatically :lol:

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on June 23, 2012, 11:36:36 PM

It is amazing though, how many "aggressive" drivers are so poor at moving through traffic.  They don't look forward.  They drive up, slam on the brakes, drive slowly, and then move right or left to pass.  Whereas if you're looking forward, you can move right or left to pass without ever having to slow down. 

Exactly right.

Rupert

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27048.msg1737660#msg1737660 date=1340362344
I think that it happens to most people.  Worse with pickups.

Opposite with me. Pickup = no fun to drive (on road) = why bother trying to go as fast as possible? Small car/sports car is the opposite.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

TurboDan

Quote from: Rupert on June 25, 2012, 12:47:27 AM
Opposite with me. Pickup = no fun to drive (on road) = why bother trying to go as fast as possible?

Unfortunately there are a lot of wannabe blue collar hero "manly men," presumably not-well-endowed, who disagree.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: TurboDan on June 25, 2012, 10:04:17 AM
Unfortunately there are a lot of wannabe blue collar hero "manly men," presumably not-well-endowed, who disagree.

I came across one, but it was a "manly woman." We were in stop-n-go traffic, and she would allow some space to develop between her truck and mine, and then pretend to ram me by flooring the truck and then slamming on the brakes just before hitting my bumper to intimidate me. My windows were open, so she was also yelling out her window to me "you pussy ass bitch" etc.  

The upper-middle class dude in the Mercedes next to me thought it was hilarious as well. I thought it was a bit scary-hilarious.

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on June 30, 2012, 08:31:51 PM

I came across one, but it was a "manly woman." We were in stop-n-go traffic, and she would allow some space to develop between her truck and mine, and then pretend to ram me by flooring the truck and then slamming on the brakes just before hitting my bumper to intimidate me. My windows were open, so she was also yelling out her window to me "you pussy ass bitch" etc.  

The upper-middle class dude in the Mercedes next to me thought it was hilarious as well. I thought it was a bit scary-hilarious.

Did this happen in NOLA?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Colonel Cadillac

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on June 30, 2012, 08:31:51 PM

Probably on testosterone supplements. Nothing is more aggressive (or comical) than a butch dyke in a rage.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on June 30, 2012, 09:49:51 PM

Probably on testosterone supplements. Nothing is more aggressive (or comical) than a butch dyke in a rage.

:lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Tave

An obnoxious cab driver blared his horn at me today, evidently because I took longer than .0000002 seconds to react to a green light. The strange part was he didn't even seem to be in a hurry. I left the line in 2nd and he just vanished in my rearview. Not an easy feat in the Aveo.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

dazzleman

Quote from: Tave on July 01, 2012, 08:00:40 PM
An obnoxious cab driver blared his horn at me today, evidently because I took longer than .0000002 seconds to react to a green light. The strange part was he didn't even seem to be in a hurry. I left the line in 2nd and he just vanished in my rearview. Not an easy feat in the Aveo.

...and I doubt you're a slow or nonresponsive driver...

280Z Turbo

Raza

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on July 02, 2012, 11:29:08 PM
I give people at least 5 seconds before they get the honk.

5 seconds!? 

For me it depends on the light.  Average men's reaction to a traffic light is 1 second, for women it's 3 seconds.  I bridge the gap and give them two seconds on most lights.  There is, however, one light that you will sit at for five solid minutes if you don't get through, and it's a 15 second green or something ludicrous like that.  Four cars can get through if they all jump at it and the fourth guy enters on a yellow.  That's a half second.  Once I get to "1 Missis.." it's on the horn.  Throw your hands up at me like "I was playing with my cock/flicking my bean/smacking my clam/texting, what do you want from me?" and you get fucking followed home, murdered in front of your family, and eaten by a pack of wild dogs. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

shp4man

I have been passing really slow cars on the motorcycle on single lane roads with double yellow lines. I can usually blow around them pretty quick, sometimes not even crossing the lines. This is probably stupid and illegal. But satisfying.  :huh:
More satisfying than yelling "Get the *uck out of the way, you ignorant SOB!"  :mrcool:

dazzleman

Quote from: shp4man on July 06, 2012, 10:12:18 AM
I have been passing really slow cars on the motorcycle on single lane roads with double yellow lines. I can usually blow around them pretty quick, sometimes not even crossing the lines. This is probably stupid and illegal. But satisfying.  :huh:
More satisfying than yelling "Get the *uck out of the way, you ignorant SOB!"  :mrcool:

aged hippie.... :nono: