GTCC #790

Started by cawimmer430, March 27, 2012, 04:07:33 AM

cawimmer430

Since Mark is not responding, Wimmer performs CPR on the GTCC thread by posting another easy car!

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Colin

Looks like a weird sort of Oldsmobile Tornado Station Wagon - extended.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on March 27, 2012, 04:30:30 AM
Looks like a weird sort of Oldsmobile Tornado Station Wagon - extended.

Right track, but it had a special and unique name.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

Centipede, I believe. A combination of Toronado drive train and stretched VistaCruiser body, intended for Airport Limo duty.

ifcar

The name for it I've seen is "Jetaway 707 American Quality Coach."

Colin

More research suggests that Iffy is correct and that between 52 and 150 (no-one knows) of these were built before the project bankrupted the American Quality Coach Company (AQC).

The document I found, which called the vehicle Centipede was this: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2008/07/05/lost-and-found-overflow-multilegged-toronado-and-caged-fiero/

Google and you will find all manner of weird and wonderful stretched limos............ monster Hummers painted in pink used to transport excited younsters to the prom or girls to hen nights are not as new a concept as one might think!

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on March 27, 2012, 05:23:53 AM
The name for it I've seen is "Jetaway 707 American Quality Coach."

Correct!

Post the next mystery car!

www.wimmerfotografie.de