***AWESOME DAY!!! AWESOME DAY!!!***

Started by cawimmer430, April 01, 2012, 06:09:19 PM

cawimmer430

Here it is again, the yearly Porsche excursion with my friends and some clients!  :rockon:

Every April 1st, these guys meet up to blast down on some of Germany and Austrias most scenic routes and drive their cars to the limit. And when I say "drive", I mean drive. These guys are insane and all very capable drivers having taken Porsche driving courses and spending serious time on racetracks (including the N?rburgring). This year we drove around in the German Alps, Tegernsee and in Kiefersfelden, which is right next to Austria. We drove over to Austria for cheap gas and coffee and ice cream in a nice restaurant in the mountains. Good stuff.

Some links of the places we visited...

Tegernsee: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegernsee / http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegernsee_%28lake%29

Kiefersfelden: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiefersfelden

This years participants!

I rode with the red Boxster S. The Dodge Viper SRT-10 and BMW M5 E39 are father and son.  :lol: <--- Might get to shoot the E39 M5 soon to!

So here are the snapshots from this years drive. I took them all with my old Nikon D90 (my "snapshot camera" these days) and my damaged 18-200mm lens with a polarizer on it. My lens is broken so some of the pictures aren't as sharp as they should be depending on the focal length they were shot with.

COMMUNIST PORSCHES! RED!!!

This is the car! This guy will hire me to shoot his brand new Porsche 997 GT3. Only 2,000 km on it!

This guy is a cop.  :lol:

The black Porsche GT3. Cool owner. Very cool and friendly. Oh look, an Aston Martin in the background. Didn't notice that when I took the shot...

Not all cars were Porsches. There was some serious Bavarian muscle here in the form of the BMW M3. Pathetic 143-hp BMW 118i doesn't count.  :lol:

Random shots of the cool stuff!

This is Denny! He rode in the BMW M3 Sedan!

Preparing to leave the little celebrity town of Gr?nwald. This is where the rich and famous and elite of Munich live. There are some really impressive cars in this area.

On the roads...

The two GT3s together. Notice the cemetery in the background - that's where people go who drive shitty-handling cars and make accidents!  :lol:

Boo ya!

Bavarian Countryside...

The M3. The chick inside is American by the way.

Yes, the driver of the Porsche Boxster S has wonderful teeth! But it's the car that gets him the girls! :lol:

DISASTER...the only good thing about this car is the license plate!

Here we stopped for lunch. This was in the region of the Tegernsee, one of Germany's most beautiful lakes.

After lunch, I had to ride with the BMW M3 because the Boxster S driver had to go. The Z4 M, M5 E39 and Viper SRT-10 also had to go. So it was only the two GT3s, the red 993 Carrera and the BMW M3 to continue the joy! Here we see a crappy cockpit shot and a shot of Denny and the American girl (Anna).

We proceeded to drive up to the Alps. There are some twisty mountain roads which are perfect for the GT3s and M3, not so much the 993 Carrera but the guy knew how to control that thing at the limit. I love these shots of the red Porsches together...

Overtaking a Renault Clio wagon!

Man, that M3 is a gas guzzler. Especially with the way the owner trashed it around!  :lol:

:praise:

Here we are on the twisty and tight mountain roads. Check out the videos of the BMW M3. You can hear the rear tires screeching as the driver takes the corners with speed. In fact the M3 still had its WINTER TIRES on!!! And the M3 driver was good. Great control, speed shifting and skill. Wow, I was impressed. Watch the videos! They don't look very intense but in person it was amazing! And on some short stretches of road the M3 reached speeds of 160 km/h!!!!  :mask:

BMW M3 Sedan Videos:

Video 1: http://youtu.be/U9RccRjmGfM

Video 2: http://youtu.be/sKq6wiE7Jy8

Video 3: http://youtu.be/-XTQO8MigbI

Video 4: http://youtu.be/GHQwuTLpDdQ

Video 5: http://youtu.be/vI3qvoDm7hQ

Taking a break from the action...

Can't wait to shoot this baby.  :rockon:

Hope you liked my pictures!  :cheers:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MexicoCityM3

M3 doing what it is built for. Hanging with Porsches while hauling 3 people & a dog. Love it.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

SVT666

Those teeth are...holy shit.  They are so disgusting I can't believe it.

cawimmer430

Quote from: SVT666 on April 01, 2012, 06:18:38 PM
Those teeth are...holy shit.  They are so disgusting I can't believe it.

They're fake. He put in some sort of teeth prosthetic. Looks real, eh? :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on April 01, 2012, 06:17:10 PM
M3 doing what it is built for. Hanging with Porsches while hauling 3 people & a dog. Love it.

Indeed! Great car.

Did you watch the videos? The sound of the M3 V8 is just awesome. And that thing handles. And the funny thing is he left the suspension mode on "NORMAL"!!!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 01, 2012, 06:24:20 PM
Indeed! Great car.

Did you watch the videos? The sound of the M3 V8 is just awesome. And that thing handles. And the funny thing is he left the suspension mode on "NORMAL"!!!

Normal is best for sports driving. I never use the "sport" setting on the suspension. On that M3 the "normal" and "comfort" modes react dynamically to what the car is doing while "sport" mode is fixed at ultra-stiff. So your friend knows exactly what he is doing.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

sportyaccordy

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on April 01, 2012, 06:17:10 PM
For less $$$ too. Def speaks well of it

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on April 01, 2012, 06:33:03 PM
Normal is best for sports driving. I never use the "sport" setting on the suspension. On that M3 the "normal" and "comfort" modes react dynamically to what the car is doing while "sport" mode is fixed at ultra-stiff. So your friend knows exactly what he is doing.

I didn't know that. I assumed that "Normal" was just "normal". He showed me how you can tune the suspension and engine response via the iDrive controller. Pretty cool stuff.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Middle_Path

I'll keep it short so as not be a complete dick. Doesn't look awesome. Looks normal for my part-time night job.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Raza

Quote from: Middle_Path on April 02, 2012, 11:01:41 AM
I'll keep it short so as not be a complete dick. Doesn't look awesome. Looks normal for my part-time night job.

You're a valet?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Middle_Path

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27143.msg1696709#msg1696709 date=1333386456
You're a valet?

No, but on some weeknights or weekends I am. Extra income plus every nice car so long as you can work your way into a posh location(s). The best part are the free hookups because you have employee access to wherever you work. Meaning free concerts, food, parking downtown, or discounted hotel rates.

Rupert

You drive M3s and GT3s through the Alps on a regular basis, do you? And you don't consider that to be awesome? Take the stick outta yer ass.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

Quote from: Middle_Path on April 03, 2012, 01:43:29 AM
No, but on some weeknights or weekends I am. Extra income plus every nice car so long as you can work your way into a posh location(s). The best part are the free hookups because you have employee access to wherever you work. Meaning free concerts, food, parking downtown, or discounted hotel rates.

What you just said was "I am not a valet, but I am a valet."  Think about that for a second.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Middle_Path

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27143.msg1697002#msg1697002 date=1333441170
What you just said was "I am not a valet, but I am a valet."  Think about that for a second.

A side job does not equate to your actual career job. And Rupert, yes I do that every single day and then sometimes I fly an SR-71 through the grand canyon. The Alps are boring this time of year and I'm going to have to see the "ASSMAN" about the stick because it is too far up. I didn't mean to distract, but whatever....back to my beer.

cawimmer430

I see such cars on a daily basis, so it doesn't really excite me that much as they did in the past.

What was AWESOME was the way they were driven - at the limit - with capable and talented drivers. And you get to be a part of that experience. That's what's awesome.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

S204STi

Some cool cars in that pack.  Would have been fun to run with them for a day.

S204STi

Sweet, so you get to drive a Porsche around at parking-lot speeds on the weekends.  Cool story, bro.

cawimmer430

Quote from: S204STi on April 03, 2012, 08:15:22 AM
Some cool cars in that pack.  Would have been fun to run with them for a day.

These guys actually meet up a few times every month to do this kind of stuff. I simply didn't have time in the past due to my graphic design studies and my diploma.

And often times they'll have no space for me since the drivers generally bring their girlfriends or friends along. I remember the first time I showed up at their meet in the BMW 118i they all went to the back of my car hoping it would say "130i" - when they saw "118i" they said I need to ride with somebody because I wouldn't be able to keep up with them.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Middle_Path

Quote from: S204STi on April 03, 2012, 08:16:45 AM
Sweet, so you get to drive a Porsche around at parking-lot speeds on the weekends.  Cool story, bro.

Yes, very cool story bro. Parking lot speed except you have to drive to the parking lot first, but every car you can imagine. Have you driven a 360, 612 Scaglietti, Phantom, Arnage, Diablo, or SLS recently? Didn't think so. As a car lover that's pretty cool and you get paid well. Helps take care of the bills and drive cool shit, you?

And Wimmer, I wasn't trying to hate. That IS awesome that they actually put the pedal to the metal instead of pussy-footing around.

Raza

Wimmer, do you have bigger versions of this one?  I smell some new wallpapers coming on.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Also, any photos of the Z4 M Coupe or the 993s alone?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: Middle_Path on April 03, 2012, 10:12:20 AM
And Wimmer, I wasn't trying to hate. That IS awesome that they actually put the pedal to the metal instead of pussy-footing around.

No offense taken.  :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on April 03, 2012, 12:32:09 PM
Wimmer, do you have bigger versions of this one?  I smell some new wallpapers coming on.

Here you go. Lightly edited in terms of contrasts, saturation, sharpness etc. I'm actually working on a motion blur version of this where the cars will look like they're racing down this road. Give me a week to get it done!  :ohyeah:

Quote from: Raza  on April 03, 2012, 12:45:17 PM
Also, any photos of the Z4 M Coupe or the 993s alone?

No shots of the Z4 sadly. He was last in the convoy and halfway through the trip he called some guy in the group letting them know that he was heading home. The guy is a cop, probably had bad guys to catch.  :lol:

But I do have some 993 alone shots...which one do you want in fullsize?

^The cool thing about this car? The matte color. Easily and wonderfully absorbed the light from my flashes to give it this stunning effect. All I basically did with the red color is increase the saturation to get it to stand out big time.^

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

hmmmm... I gots me some new wallpaper :ohyeah:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 03, 2012, 04:44:59 PM
hmmmm... I gots me some new wallpaper :ohyeah:

I got them in fullsize. Let me know which one you want. These are my standard 1000 px x 665 px forum resized versions.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 03, 2012, 04:47:58 PM
I got them in fullsize. Let me know which one you want. These are my standard 1000 px x 665 px forum resized versions.  :ohyeah:

First one pleez?

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger