Retards vs. Motorcycles

Started by AutobahnSHO, April 03, 2012, 06:07:13 AM

AutobahnSHO

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20120330/NEWS01/303290037/Wrecks?odyssey=obinsite

RIP- it's like motorcycle central around here lately. Unfortunately for every one I see riding legally I see someone on two wheels assclowning.
Will

TurboDan

I honestly hate motorcycles on the road. They never follow the rules, they change lanes constantly, they ride side-by-side in one lane, then break up into all different lanes, ride in front of you, then fall behind you. You absolutely NEVER know where they are in relation to your car.

shp4man

In other news, I made it to work this morning without incident. Courtesy of Harley Davidson and safe riding practices. :praise:

Xer0

Quote from: TurboDan on April 03, 2012, 09:47:55 AM
I honestly hate motorcycles on the road. They never follow the rules, they change lanes constantly, they ride side-by-side in one lane, then break up into all different lanes, ride in front of you, then fall behind you. You absolutely NEVER know where they are in relation to your car.

I don?t have too much problems with motorcycles.  Around here, they are usually pretty aware of their surrounds, much more so than your average driver, and do a good job of being visible at all times.

Now, bicyclists are another mater completely.  These pricks feel like they have a sense of entailment to forget all rules of the road and just ride around like there is nothing else out there; as if everything yields to them.  Blowing reds, random lane changes into non-bike lanes, no lights, maneuvering between cars, and failing to yield to pedestrians make them my least liked motorists.  Yes yes, we get it, you?re saving the environment one pedal at a time, but try to be courteous.   

Cookie Monster

Quote from: TurboDan on April 03, 2012, 09:47:55 AM
Compared to car drivers, motorcyclists seem to at least know the rules and follow them better. And if you read the article, both crashes were due to the fault of the car drivers.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

shp4man

Some motorcycle safe practices:

Don't daydream!

Allow a safe stopping distance.

Don't split lanes on the freeway.

Around town, avoid the lane closest to the curb, even if traffic is faster in that lane.

Try to stay around cars if there are areas for uncontrolled left turns.

Be predictable. Like a car.

Go with the flow of traffic.

And, once in a while at a stop light, split lanes up to the front and when the light turns green, take off like a bat out of hell while watching those slow ass cars get smaller in your rear view mirror. :lol:

The Pirate

A lot of the motorcyclists around here seem to tailgate.  Irks me to no end.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on April 03, 2012, 01:24:53 PM
Some motorcycle safe practices:

Don't daydream!

Allow a safe stopping distance.

Don't split lanes on the freeway.

Around town, avoid the lane closest to the curb, even if traffic is faster in that lane.

Try to stay around cars if there are areas for uncontrolled left turns.

Be predictable. Like a car.

Go with the flow of traffic.

And, once in a while at a stop light, split lanes up to the front and when the light turns green, take off like a bat out of hell while watching those slow ass cars get smaller in your rear view mirror. :lol:

Daydreaming... almost killed me, once.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: The Pirate on April 03, 2012, 06:09:08 PM
My boy Carl rides like that! I tell him that tailgating is gonna bite him in the ass one day!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT_Power

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on April 03, 2012, 07:02:21 PM
My boy Carl rides like that! I tell him that tailgating is gonna bite him in the ass one day!

Well it's more likely he's gonna be biting the ass of a car... well more like smashing his face into the ass of the car
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

bing_oh

This time of year is like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to motorcycle violations. The combination of a new crop of inexperienced riders getting their new bikes for the warm weather and older riders who seem to have forgotten everything they knew while it was cold makes motorcycle violations pretty common in the spring. The crotchrocket crowd seems to be the most common violators, but that's not exclusive.

Eye of the Tiger

I got to move somewhere that I can ride all year long. For safety!

S204STi

Majority of bikers are noobs.  True story.

93JC

Quote from: shp4man on April 03, 2012, 10:40:05 AM
In other news, I made it to work this morning without incident. Courtesy of Harley Davidson and safe riding practices. :praise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwH85gFOVVQ

:tounge:

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

shp4man

Ah. You guys are just jealous.   :huh:

Ok, a hypothetical question:

Two motorcycles are parked on the side of the road with nobody around for miles. One is a low mileage GSXR 1000 with a bunch of super trick parts in excellent condition.
The other is an old beat to hell ex-police Harley Davidson Electra Glide with 100,000 miles on the odometer.

Which one gets stolen first?  :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on April 05, 2012, 05:24:26 PM
Ah. You guys are just jealous.   :huh:

Ok, a hypothetical question:

Two motorcycles are parked on the side of the road with nobody around for miles. One is a low mileage GSXR 1000 with a bunch of super trick parts in excellent condition.
The other is an old beat to hell ex-police Harley Davidson Electra Glide with 100,000 miles on the odometer.

Which one gets stolen first?  :lol:

The Harley, because Harley people outnumber normal bike people 621:1, and they are afraid to death of crotch rockets.

shp4man

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 05, 2012, 05:26:55 PM
The Harley, because Harley people outnumber normal bike people 621:1, and they are afraid to death of crotch rockets.

Right. They would knock over the Gixxer trying to get to the Harley! You get an A for the day!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on April 05, 2012, 06:08:41 PM
And Harleys (cruisers in general) never crash. But you're garunteed to die on a crotch rocket!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFpIpaFMlc&list=FLUx-WW-FSfbzkShUOgpQdvA&index=69&feature=plpp_video

That is almost the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Gotta-Qik-C7

If those guys would actually use the FRONT brake they mite stop sometimes......

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on April 05, 2012, 06:27:09 PM
If those guys would actually use the FRONT brake they mite stop sometimes......

That, and staying on the road helps because grassy ditches don't offer much traction.

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 05, 2012, 06:23:51 PM
That is almost the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
Funniest thing for me :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

280Z Turbo

It must be hard to control 2000 lbs of cast steel on 2 wheels.

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on April 03, 2012, 06:09:08 PM

It should irk them more than it does you.  If they end up crashing into the back of your car, who's going to be hurt?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!