UPDATED! [Silhouette of] Two Honda Designs for China Auto Show Revealed

Started by Atomic, April 11, 2012, 11:34:45 AM

Atomic

nice designs, but i hate teasers!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/04/honda-outlines-plans-for-china-will.html

UPDATE: 04/23/2012: Scroll Down for the Actual Concepts...

Atomic

damn! love the styling of the sedan. a u.s. bound honda i hope. thinking acura, perhaps. the next TL? honda is notorious at keeping mum.

Northlands

I wouldn't get too excited. If this is an Acura, the front end will look something like this:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Atomic

^ well, its good thing that you cannot see the grille from behind the steering wheel! also, one advantage is those looking in their rear view mirrors might get the %$#@! out of the way for you  :lol:

Atomic

April 23, 2012 UPDATE  :winkguy:

northlands, i think we both guessed accurately enough!

check these out:

the sedan is acura looking, i think... the crossover/minivan/wagon/whatever looks very interesting, something i would expect from volvo (XC60-like), IMO...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120423/CARNEWS/120429917

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Atomic

i see great potential, especially with the second model. not unlike most concepts as wild as these, they provoke dialogue. i enjoyed partaking in some Q&A clinics at the NYC show. the one conducted by VW was the most interesting with the alltrack available for a long hard look and walk around. i love to partake in these.

honda and toyota have one of the most challenging jobs redesigning their best selling models. too conservative (2012 civic) or too radical could spell disaster. the "new" civic, despite highly anticipated changes a mere few months away is selling great. brand loyalty at honda and toyota is extremely high. retail sales of all honda's last month topped 99.0% with less than 1% combined fleet and government purchases. i will find the interesting retail vs. fleet figures for all brands that i saved for a forthcoming tread.

SVT666

Looks to me like the new Honda Insight and new Accord or Civic.

Atomic

Not boring whatsoever in my opinion. Obviously, the Chinese market is where the manufacturer decided to show these two aggressively styled concepts. Minus what this Honda/Acura supporter (me - lol) thinks of the hideous grille drawing attention and I imagine crowds will to the sedan project , I see two awesome design themes in both prototypes. Even more interesting to me is how the intended market will think of them as huge fans of rather sedate Buick's of the recent past and even today. GM is going more global so I expect to see Buick trying to court numerous markets with "the same" Buick cars/crossovers.

Atomic

NEWS OF HONDA'S CONCEPT C AND CONCEPT S FOR THE CHINESE MARKET: Inspired by China's Year of the Dragon

REPORT FORM: Greg Migliore

FOR: Autoweek -- April 24, 2012 - 10:30 am ET[/b]

(Beijing China) Honda was among the foreign manufacturers flexing their design potential at the Beijing motor show with a pair of concepts styled for the Chinese market. Named the Concept C and the Concept S, they preview vehicles set to arrive in China in the coming years.

The Concept C was the most striking, employing sporty styling capped by a prominent grille. Honda says the shape features were inspired by a dragon image.

The concept presages a model that Honda is developing for the Chinese market. Product development was led by Honda's China team, and the production version will be sold next year through its Guangqi Honda Automobile Co. venture.

The Honda Concept S will be launched through the Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co. venture in 2013 in China, followed by a global rollout.

The Concept S is a people-hauling small van. It too was developed for the Chinese market, where it will launch first. This vehicle, however, has global implications.

The S has a hybrid powertrain and is said to have a spacious cabin. It will be launched through the Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co. venture in 2013 in China, followed by a global rollout.

Atomic

^ the year of the dragon theme explains the face of the "C" and i think the chinese culture would find honda's recognition of what is sacred to the culture being acknowledged an enormous compliment. a mighty fine PR move, too. studying international (as well as domestic) marketing prior to changing majors shows genius on the part of honda, IMO.

hoping the profile and taillights make it on production models in NA.

as a honda/acura enthusiast, a "streamlined look" of the sedan (well, crossover, too) should keep current customers in the U.S. and attract new ones, as well. yet, there is no confirmation we will get either vehicle... but i think we will see an americanized version of each. i hope.