Windsheild Wipers

Started by JYODER240, October 16, 2005, 12:22:29 PM

JYODER240

Its about time for me to get some new ones. Does it really make much difference which brand I buy. Should i buy cheap ones or more expensive ones like those from Bosch?  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

footoflead

QuoteIts about time for me to get some new ones. Does it really make much difference which brand I buy. Should i buy cheap ones or more expensive ones like those from Bosch?
We put some cheap ones on the '97 a while ago..i dont remeber what brand but they were EXTREMLY annoying....while they did work like there supposed to they squeaked every single time they moved.....no matter how long you used them...(they had ample time to get wet to where they normally shouldnt squeak)

I would go for about middle of the pack...price wise...they should be worth your money and might be as good as the most expensive ones....

Just my .02 cents B)
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

giant_mtb

If you buy cheap ones, you have to keep buying more and more because they usually are crap.

With more expensive ones, you can have one pair for a lot longer, potentially saving money.

Raghavan

MaxPower

i have michelin wipers from wal-mart.  mid-pack pricing and they do a fine job.

and not to hijack the thread, but do you guys put on winter wiper blades for the winter or just go with what's on?  I don't bother to change.

footoflead

Quotei have michelin wipers from wal-mart.  mid-pack pricing and they do a fine job.

and not to hijack the thread, but do you guys put on winter wiper blades for the winter or just go with what's on?  I don't bother to change.
We dont really bother....i really cant in ANY way justify spending time freezing my butt off (believe it or not its possible in TX...even where i am <_< )...

[/hijack]
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

JYODER240

Quotei have michelin wipers from wal-mart.  mid-pack pricing and they do a fine job.

and not to hijack the thread, but do you guys put on winter wiper blades for the winter or just go with what's on?  I don't bother to change.
We dont really bother....i really cant in ANY way justify spending time freezing my butt off (believe it or not its possible in TX...even where i am <_< )...

[/hijack]
[/HIJACK]

nice touch :rolleyes:  :lol:  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

Quotei have michelin wipers from wal-mart.? mid-pack pricing and they do a fine job.

and not to hijack the thread, but do you guys put on winter wiper blades for the winter or just go with what's on?? I don't bother to change.

[/hijack]
[/HIJACK]

nice touch :rolleyes:  :lol:
Nice touch? :blink:  

Run Away

I don't change wiper blades in winter. I just use alot of fluid to get everything all wet.

Worse comes to worse, scraper does a great job of getting both ice and dirt off.

Speed_Racer

I switch to a winter blade, but only on the drivers side. Yeah, Im a bit cheap.

But, there are few things worse in the winter than getting slush freezing in the hinges of a wiper every 10 minutes, resulting in the wiper not doing anything to wipe off freezing rain before it freezes to your windshield, which means that you have to stop the car, scrape off the freezing rain, and geting the frozen slush from the wiper hinges.

What a pain.

giant_mtb

No need for wiper swap in winter...just use some winter-purpose washer fluid or just get out of your car and scrape...not that tough.