***Drifting in the rain!***

Started by cawimmer430, April 23, 2012, 11:41:35 AM

cawimmer430

Met up with my BMW 130i client again for a rain drift shoot. The parking lot tarmac is very rough and actually slows the car down and prevents intentional oversteer. He did numerous runs and managed to lightly drift it a few times but the tarmac wasn't ideal.

Anyway, some boring shots!

SEQUENCE 1

SEQUENCE 2

VIDEO DRIFT ATTEMPT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv6zyYBWTYw

VIDEO CIRCULAR DRIFT ATTEMPT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s34mCykdq6E
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

sportyaccordy

Man Germans must be rich. "Come take some pictures of me doing donuts in a parking lot" "OK that will be 1000 Euros an hour" "Vow zat is und bargain"

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on April 23, 2012, 04:08:10 PM
I'd really like a 130i hatch.

I want the white 120d seen here. Chip-tuned, fast as hell and sounds great to and gets good gas mileage. But the 130i is fast as hell. I rode with the guy to Hockenheim and on the Autobahn that thing is fast and relatively quiet to. My car is slow and screaming at those speeds.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 23, 2012, 04:34:09 PM
Man Germans must be rich. "Come take some pictures of me doing donuts in a parking lot" "OK that will be 1000 Euros an hour" "Vow zat is und bargain"

:lol:

The guy has brand new tires on his 130i to - and already they look abused! He's not a BMW fan but he only bought his 130i for drifting, which wasn't possible with his previous FWD Opel Astra.

But as a rule of thumb drifters here will usually buy old/used tires on junkyards or from car dealerships to use on their cars. Those are cheap to obtain and nobody will care if the tires break because they're dirt cheap. I wonder what would happen to the rims though if that happens...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 23, 2012, 04:47:40 PM

The guy has brand new tires on his 130i to - and already they look abused! He's not a BMW fan but he only bought his 130i for drifting, which wasn't possible with his previous FWD Opel Astra.

But as a rule of thumb drifters here will usually buy old/used tires on junkyards or from car dealerships to use on their cars. Those are cheap to obtain and nobody will care if the tires break because they're dirt cheap. I wonder what would happen to the rims though if that happens...

The real pro drifters also use mismatched junk rims on the back.  :ohyeah:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 23, 2012, 04:48:38 PM
The real pro drifters also use mismatched junk rims on the back.  :ohyeah:

Yep, saw that on the Hockenheimring when I was there with this guy. There were some crazy and highly professional drifters there on that day. Insane shit!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

A photo for my client. If all goes well this shot will be up on his upcoming professional performance driving school page.  :mrcool:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hotrodalex

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Submariner

If only your jokes were as good as your photography.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on April 26, 2012, 07:51:47 PM
One of your best shots, dude. :rockon:

Thanks.  :mrcool:

Quote from: Laconian on April 26, 2012, 08:22:45 PM
BMW, on the planet Mercury.

The original tarmac was blue and cold. I gave it a bit of warmth to reinforce the impression as if the sun is warming up the tarmac after a rainy day on a late afternoon.

Quote from: Submariner on April 26, 2012, 08:37:46 PM
If only your jokes were as good as your photography.

Q: What do you call a pregnant virgin?

A: A fucking liar?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 23, 2012, 04:44:27 PM
But the 130i is fast as hell.

Which is why I want one a lot more than I do a 120d.

I could totally get behind the idea of a 135i hatch, but I like the N53 way too much.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Middle_Path

I don't know but those pictures look a lot like understeering hardcore instead of drifting.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

cawimmer430

Quote from: Middle_Path on April 29, 2012, 03:11:30 AM
I don't know but those pictures look a lot like understeering hardcore instead of drifting.

Well he did understeer a lot because the tarmac was to rough and not suited for drifting, even with all the water on it. So coming out of an "imaginary curb" he'd be drifting for a second or two before the tarmac causes him to understeer and loose the drift.

www.wimmerfotografie.de