Juke-R...approved for production!!!

Started by SVT666, May 03, 2012, 10:09:35 AM

2o6

Quote from: MrH on May 05, 2012, 11:15:11 AM
You just constantly kill any sort of legitimacy you have around here.

Do you see how dumb that sounds?

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on May 05, 2012, 11:21:59 AM

He's right. Why is it so fucking hard to comprehend that people have personal preferences? I prefer Coke over Pepsi, iMac over PC, and Subaru over fucking Scion. Yes, even though it's the same car, I don't want to own a Scion. I don't want a Scion key fob, a Scion hat, the word Scion on my registration, or membership in the Scion enthusiasts club. When people ask me what I drive, I don't want to say Scion. Understand?

MrH

Quote from: 2o6 on May 05, 2012, 11:21:59 AM

Even bringing up the possibility of not liking a Zonda, even to prove a point, is dumb.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

Quote from: Rockraven on May 05, 2012, 11:38:44 AM
He's right. Why is it so fucking hard to comprehend that people have personal preferences? I prefer Coke over Pepsi, iMac over PC, and Subaru over fucking Scion. Yes, even though it's the same car, I don't want to own a Scion. I don't want a Scion key fob, a Scion hat, the word Scion on my registration, or membership in the Scion enthusiasts club. When people ask me what I drive, I don't want to say Scion. Understand?

Would you not own a Miata because of the vast negativity that surrounds it?

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on May 05, 2012, 11:58:33 AM

Congratulations. You are my first ignore.

TurboDan

Quote from: 2o6 on May 05, 2012, 11:58:33 AM

What "vast" negativity surrounds the Miata?

sportyaccordy

People are dumping on 2o6 but he's right. People have the right to their preferences but people also have the right to their opinions. In my opinion lusting for a Jetta and writing off a Scion solely because of the badge, despite the Scion being the better car by a landsline in the context of this forum, is stupid as hell. People derive self worth from the image they think they project, I get that. That is a huge part of why I got the bike. But folks who drive Jettas are no "cooler" than folks who drive Scions. The demographics overlap for a lot of the models.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on May 03, 2012, 12:00:32 PM

Its a design that looks like something, unlike many dull cars on the market.

I was pretty disappointed after I drove it. Not as good to drive as striking as it looks.

Yes, it looks like something: It looks like a background prop from a second rate sci-fi movie, or perhaps a rejected design from the Hot wheels people.

Also, it looks like they had three different design teams working on the headlights: and they all won!
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Quote from: TurboDan on May 05, 2012, 12:15:48 PM
What "vast" negativity surrounds the Miata?

It's a girls car, it's a chick car, it's a car for gays.

It means nothing, the car is one of the automotive performance, enthusiast, and driving enjoyment cornerstones that many of you guys own, aspire to own, and enjoy to drive. (I enjoyed the NB I drove)

Quote from: sportyaccordy on May 05, 2012, 01:37:04 PM
People are dumping on 2o6 but he's right. People have the right to their preferences but people also have the right to their opinions. In my opinion lusting for a Jetta and writing off a Scion solely because of the badge, despite the Scion being the better car by a landsline in the context of this forum, is stupid as hell. People derive self worth from the image they think they project, I get that. That is a huge part of why I got the bike. But folks who drive Jettas are no "cooler" than folks who drive Scions. The demographics overlap for a lot of the models.

I guess I'm the guy to block now. But your post is the point I am driving at. In context with performance, WHY would you turn your nose up at something great, because you don't like the connotations the name has? From what I've read, the Scion/Toyota variant is more enjoyable than the the Subaru variant. WHY would you turn that down?

I don't particularly care for VW as of late. However, although I lambasted the Jetta's 2.5L in another thread, I still liked the rest of the car. Despite the girly connotations of the Jetta and even the Beetle, I would still rock one if I thought it would serve my needs. My Yaris has a pretty dull and girly reputation, and many of you guys didn't like it (Including myself, until I drove it). Yet that didn't stop me from buying one.

Many of you guys harp on people for buying BMW's simply for the badge and not the driving enjoyment part, but in this thread, you're worse than they are. Usually people who buy BMW's for the badge do so for the luxury goods the products offer, not the status of the badge.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 05, 2012, 04:58:17 PM
Also, it looks like they had three different design teams working on the headlights: and they all won!

That's not far from the truth.

2o6

Heck, the Neon has probably a worse stigma associated with it than the Miata does, yet I STILL bought one because people told me it drove well. And out of all the cars I have driven, the Neon still has a special place in my heart, despite all the problems it had. That car was a blast.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 05, 2012, 08:04:30 PM
Your company must love them.

My plant doesn't deal with Nissan, but maybe they do in Japan. I know they do in Ohio.