Top fuel dragster
0 (0%)
Le mans car
1 (6.3%)
Touring car (DTM, WTC, JGTC)
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Fire It Up

Quoterally car.  they're fast anywhere, on any surface.
That's how I solved the Touring Car vs. Rally Car puzzle...Rally Cars are much more versatile and still fast as hell on roads...  B)
Just wanted to say, they're nowhere near as fast as the others on roads because theyre pushing around....300HP while the others have between 600 (Indy) and 800 (F1).
So I'm stupid now, or what?  <_<
Huh?
Do you think I don't know how much power those cars are packing or something?
I wasn't sure if you were implying that they were somewhere as fast as the others on pavement so I said it anyway. Hey, on these forums, you can never be sure what people don't know. I won't say any names.....
I would never question if a rally car would be as fast as an F1 car on road.  <_<

But, if you like driving cars that basically drive themselves, and just feel like pushing the gas, braking, and steering with not much driver involvement besides pissing in your driving suit, go for it.

I'd much rather have a real car that actually requires some skill like throttle control and more than a touch of steering input.  Those F1 guys would absolutely die if it wasn't for their downforce and traction control.

I wouldn't mind being able to really drive the car without having to worry about snapping off an entire suspension link from a tiny bump in a wall.
Wow, I take back what I said a few posts up.
So are you su rrendering! Woowoo! Chris is teh victor! :praise:
No genius. I take back my statement that I wasn't sure if he knew thing about this or not after I read him saying that F1 requires no skill. Racing a Formula One car to its potential is like stradling the line between life and death.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

Quoterally car.? they're fast anywhere, on any surface.
That's how I solved the Touring Car vs. Rally Car puzzle...Rally Cars are much more versatile and still fast as hell on roads...  B)
Just wanted to say, they're nowhere near as fast as the others on roads because theyre pushing around....300HP while the others have between 600 (Indy) and 800 (F1).
Huh?
I wasn't sure if you were implying that they were somewhere as fast as the others on pavement so I said it anyway. Hey, on these forums, you can never be sure what people don't know. I won't say any names.....
I would never question if a rally car would be as fast as an F1 car on road.  <_<

But, if you like driving cars that basically drive themselves, and just feel like pushing the gas, braking, and steering with not much driver involvement besides pissing in your driving suit, go for it.

I'd much rather have a real car that actually requires some skill like throttle control and more than a touch of steering input.  Those F1 guys would absolutely die if it wasn't for their downforce and traction control.

I wouldn't mind being able to really drive the car without having to worry about snapping off an entire suspension link from a tiny bump in a wall.
No genius. I take back my statement that I wasn't sure if he knew thing about this or not after I read him saying that F1 requires no skill. Racing a Formula One car to its potential is like stradling the line between life and death.
Rally cars make F1 racing look like a piece of cake.

Fire It Up

Quoterally car.  they're fast anywhere, on any surface.
Huh?

You can't be serious.

F1 cars pull 4G's through turns, 5G's while accelerating and even more while braking. Thats nearly the same forces that fighter pilots experience. And these guys are doing it for more than 2 hours straight. Do you know how much stamina and strength that requires? And while these drivers are experiencing all this body-crushing torture they have to hit their braking, turn in, apex, and acceleration points with perfect accuracy and control. A difference of a few MPH can make the difference between passing the next guy and understeering clear off the track into a wall. At speeds no WRC car can acheive. And I'm only skimming the surface of how hard driving a F1 car would be in comparison to a rally car.

Raghavan

Huh?

You can't be serious.

F1 cars pull 4G's through turns, 5G's while accelerating and even more while braking. Thats nearly the same forces that fighter pilots experience. And these guys are doing it for more than 2 hours straight. Do you know how much stamina and strength that requires? And while these drivers are experiencing all this body-crushing torture they have to hit their braking, turn in, apex, and acceleration points with perfect accuracy and control. A difference of a few MPH can make the difference between passing the next guy and understeering clear off the track into a wall. At speeds no WRC car can acheive. And I'm only skimming the surface of how hard driving a F1 car would be in comparison to a rally car.
Please. You think that driving a car on a superflat track is hard? It's nothing compared to WRC racing. Try driving on in a car on a dirt mountain road with barely enough room for one car at over 100 mph. There's no traction, nothing. You have to be able to slide the car around turns perfectly, or you'll just slide off of the road down a mountain side. Which, by the way, is FAR deadlier than sliding off of a flat track into a bunch of barriers.
Maybe F1 racers have to endure more G forces, but the skill of WRC is far harder than F1.

JYODER240

Huh?

You can't be serious.

Please. You think that driving a car on a superflat track is hard? It's nothing compared to WRC racing. Try driving on in a car on a dirt mountain road with barely enough room for one car at over 100 mph. There's no traction, nothing. You have to be able to slide the car around turns perfectly, or you'll just slide off of the road down a mountain side. Which, by the way, is FAR deadlier than sliding off of a flat track into a bunch of barriers.
Maybe F1 racers have to endure more G forces, but the skill of WRC is far harder than F1.
Driving a F1 to its full potential requires a lot of skill. Not to mention a lot of trust in you skill.  They will pull more g's at higher speeds than lower, you have to convince yourself of that when driving them. They require you to know a car so well, if you are drafting a car through a turn chances are you'll go straight through because there isn't as much downforce. There are so many things that can happen so fast, it requires alot of the drivers.  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Fire It Up

"Please. You think that driving a car on a superflat track is hard?"

A "superflat" track? You're kidding right? This isn't drag racing Raghavan. All road racing has elevation changes both slight and severe with banked and off-camber corners.

"It's nothing compared to WRC racing. Try driving on in a car on a dirt mountain road with barely enough room for one car at over 100 mph."

Oh, yeah, like F1 is always wide and open. And theyre still driving faster than rally car's can top out at.

"There's no traction, nothing."

Right, so I guess God is pushing the cars around the courses?

"You have to be able to slide the car around turns perfectly,"

And in F1 the drivers are constantly driving so fast and so far on the edge that if they make one slip they're gone. And because they're driving so much faster, everything happens so much faster; they have less time to react.
"...or you'll just slide off of the road down a mountain side. Which, by the way, is FAR deadlier than sliding off of a flat track into a bunch of barriers."

Oh, and I suppose getting T-boned by a car going 200MPH is any safer. Have you seen the Alex Zanardi crash?

"Maybe F1 racers have to endure more G forces, but the skill of WRC is far harder than F1."

You're underestimating how suddenly turning from 140LBS to 600LBS can make things difficult. Have you tried shooting an apple of your friends head while your hands are being attacked by pro-wrestlers? Oh, yeah, that's real easy.  

Raghavan

Quote"Please. You think that driving a car on a superflat track is hard?"

A "superflat" track? You're kidding right? This isn't drag racing Raghavan. All road racing has elevation changes both slight and severe with banked and off-camber corners.
I meant superflat as in flat with no rocks and pebbles or obstuctions on the road. Please, i'm not that stupid you know. :rolleyes:
"It's nothing compared to WRC racing. Try driving on in a car on a dirt mountain road with barely enough room for one car at over 100 mph."

Oh, yeah, like F1 is always wide and open. And theyre still driving faster than rally car's can top out at.
It's a hell of a lot wider than what F1 cars get. And plus, in most stages of WRC, there are no guardrails to protect you from sliding off of the road. It's a hell of a lot harder to drive that fast on road with barely any traction at all knowing that you could slide off of the road at any second.
"There's no traction, nothing."

Right, so I guess God is pushing the cars around the courses?
Umm... no. There isn't any traction. That's why they slide around so much.
"You have to be able to slide the car around turns perfectly,"

And in F1 the drivers are constantly driving so fast and so far on the edge that if they make one slip they're gone. And because they're driving so much faster, everything happens so much faster; they have less time to react.
Believe me, there are so many obstacles and crap on the road and things happen so fast, it's hard to keep control of the car in WRC. At least in F1, you know that the only 'crap' on the road is other cars.
"...or you'll just slide off of the road down a mountain side. Which, by the way, is FAR deadlier than sliding off of a flat track into a bunch of barriers."

Oh, and I suppose getting T-boned by a car going 200MPH is any safer. Have you seen the Alex Zanardi crash?
Yup, i've seen it. HOWEVER, F1 cars are a whole lot safer (and a whole lot more expensive too) than WRC cars, which are just modified from stock cars. Hell, i'd rather be in the Alex Zanardi crash than rolling the car off of a 5,000 foot mountain.
"Maybe F1 racers have to endure more G forces, but the skill of WRC is far harder than F1."

You're underestimating how suddenly turning from 140LBS to 600LBS can make things difficult. Have you tried shooting an apple of your friends head while your hands are being attacked by pro-wrestlers? Oh, yeah, that's real easy.
140LBS of what? Be more specific. And i still think that WRC is much harder to race in than F1.

Fire It Up

1. As I said before, you can never be sure.

2. But its not like they stay in the happy middle at a manageable pace. They use every inch they can. And seriously, do you think hitting barriers at break-neck speeds is really that safe or inviting? Plus in F1 you have 20 cars there at the same time. If somebody crashes, they barely have much time to react. They have to jump out of the way of the crashing car without hitting something else or messing up going around the corner. Again, at speeds far higher than rally.

3. Without traction nothing can move. I was talking about physics.

4. Its not like they have no idea what's coming up next. Before the actual race the driver and co-driver get to go on the course to become familiar. Its not like racing through rush hour traffic blind.

5. WRC cars have rooves. They have rollcages. These guys roll those fuckers over and come out fine (well usually). In F1 if something hits you real fast, you're call will blow apart. So in danger sense, rallying and F1 are practically the same. Its only the emergencey cars and hospitals that make it safer. And still Zanardi had his heart stop 3 times and had to have his legs cut off. (Zanardi does CART, but whatever, its close enough.)

6. The 140lbs was what some random person's weight would be before a turn. 600lbs is what he would weigh during the turn. That by itself would make F1 harder than rally.

Eh, I think I messed up the order...

Raghavan

Quote1. As I said before, you can never be sure.
About what? F1 tracks are MUCH cleaner than WRC tracks/routes.
2. But its not like they stay in the happy middle at a manageable pace. They use every inch they can. And seriously, do you think hitting barriers at break-neck speeds is really that safe or inviting? Plus in F1 you have 20 cars there at the same time. If somebody crashes, they barely have much time to react. They have to jump out of the way of the crashing car without hitting something else or messing up going around the corner. Again, at speeds far higher than rally.
A bunch of tires look much more inviting than trees and a 5,000 foot drop.
And i was exxagerating a bit. However, WRC cars have a much, much, much less traction that F1.
4. Its not like they have no idea what's coming up next. Before the actual race the driver and co-driver get to go on the course to become familiar. Its not like racing through rush hour traffic blind.
Yes, but they go over it maybe what, once? That's still not enough to get to know the track very well.
5. WRC cars have rooves. They have rollcages. These guys roll those fuckers over and come out fine (well usually). In F1 if something hits you real fast, you're call will blow apart. So in danger sense, rallying and F1 are practically the same. Its only the emergencey cars and hospitals that make it safer. And still Zanardi had his heart stop 3 times and had to have his legs cut off. (Zanardi does CART, but whatever, its close enough.)
So what? They have rooves and roll cages, but they aren't modified much over the stock cars.
And besides, F1 cars blow apart because of crumple zones. They're designed to take most of the impact.

6. The 140lbs was what some random person's weight would be before a turn. 600lbs is what he would weigh during the turn. That by itself would make F1 harder than rally.
I don't think so.
I think you did.

Secret Chimp

Jeez, ladies, put those claws back in already.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raghavan

QuoteJeez, ladies, put those claws back in already.
Go away. :rolleyes:  

JYODER240

Quote(Raghaven)
At those speeds tire don't do to much ;)  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

Quote? (Raghaven)
A 5000 foot drop is deadlier. ;)  

giant_mtb

I wouldn't mind if this war stopped.  ;)  

Fire It Up

Quote(Raghaven)
A 5000 foot drop is deadlier. ;)
You know there are no straight 5,000 ft drops, right?

Fire It Up

Quote1. As I said before, you can never be sure.
About what? F1 tracks are MUCH cleaner than WRC tracks/routes.
And i was exxagerating a bit. However, WRC cars have a much, much, much less traction that F1.
Yes, but they go over it maybe what, once? That's still not enough to get to know the track very well.
So what? They have rooves and roll cages, but they aren't modified much over the stock cars.
And besides, F1 cars blow apart because of crumple zones. They're designed to take most of the impact.

I don't think so.
I think you did.
1. I was saying you can never be sure what someone on this forum does or does not know. For example, ____ thought that those tornado things actually gave more power and better mileage, and they dont.

2. Really does how safe hitting something at burning speeds affect how good a driver is? And they dont always use tire walls in F1 Rag.

3. And F1 cars go much much faster than rally cars.

4. And how do you know that?

5. They aren't modified much over stock cars. Wow. Well here's some news:
"Sure, they look pretty similar to the car you hired on holiday last year, but underneath that familiar exterior lies ?400,000 of high-tension steel, carbon fibre and titanium packed with the most sophisticated technological hardware available."
Taken right from the WRC site. And in case you can't convert, 400,000 pounds is about 700,000 dollars. Does an Evo cost 700 grand?

5. So just because you dont think so it makes you right? Wow. I bet Raza can't even describe how stupid that was.

giant_mtb

400,000 pounds = 709,723 dollars and 21 cents.  As of 6:31 PM according the exchange rate provided by Yahoo.com Finance.  B)  

Submariner

The DTM car...

With the street car interior...

Hell ya!  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Fire It Up

Kimi Raikkonen has one of those. :praise:

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

Fire It Up

Its Kevin on the mower, Ben on the camel, and 93JC in the truck. :lol:

Raghavan

QuoteIts Kevin on the mower, Ben on the camel, and 93JC in the truck. :lol:
In the firs tpic it's kev vs chris. ;)  

giant_mtb

It is?  :blink:  <_<  

Fire It Up

It is?  :blink:  <_<
No its not. Its actually both Kevins. Battling out for the Senior title.