Top fuel dragster
0 (0%)
Le mans car
1 (6.3%)
Touring car (DTM, WTC, JGTC)
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Fire It Up

For me, I'd take an F1 or a rally car. I can't decide which.....F1 cars can pull 5 g's and go 200mph but rally cars can be jumped and drifted like crazy.....

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

Is this just a car that we would have?  Would it serve any specific purpose?  Daily driver?  Or just a dink-around car?

Fire It Up

QuoteIs this just a car that we would have?  Would it serve any specific purpose?  Daily driver?  Or just a dink-around car?
A car that you could do whatever you wanted with, but I seriously doubt that you'd want an F1 car for a daily grind.  

giant_mtb

Rally car.  Fast as hell and can be put through a lot of abuse...plus if I really wanted to, I could pretty easily make it street legal and go around and show it off around town. ^_^

Run Away

Tossup between a touring car and a rally car..

Fire It Up

QuoteRally car.  Fast as hell and can be put through a lot of abuse...plus if I really wanted to, I could pretty easily make it street legal and go around and show it off around town. ^_^
Fuck legality, just drive it. :lol:

Fire It Up

OK, I'll take a Champ car. Rally cars are too weak (in this situation) and F1 cars would just break over bumps. Champ cars can actually go over bumps. And theyre faster and better handling than Indy cars.

MX793

By Le Mans car, are we talking GT class or the Prototype (LMP) class?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Fire It Up

Raghavan

Raza

QuoteTossup between a touring car and a rally car..
Same here.  I mean:

vs.

It's a really tough choice.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MaxPower

rally car.  they're fast anywhere, on any surface.

giant_mtb

Quoterally car.  they're fast anywhere, on any surface.
That's how I solved the Touring Car vs. Rally Car puzzle...Rally Cars are much more versatile and still fast as hell on roads...  B)  

JYODER240

F1, its the most impractical, but it would be insane on the track. Plus i bet it has insane resale value :lol:  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Fire It Up

QuoteF1, its the most impractical, but it would be insane on the track. Plus i bet it has insane resale value :lol:
Dude, an F1 car probably costs more than the entire north side of my town.  :lol:  

Fire It Up

Quoterally car.  they're fast anywhere, on any surface.
That's how I solved the Touring Car vs. Rally Car puzzle...Rally Cars are much more versatile and still fast as hell on roads...  B)
Just wanted to say, they're nowhere near as fast as the others on roads because theyre pushing around....300HP while the others have between 600 (Indy) and 800 (F1).

JYODER240

QuoteF1, its the most impractical, but it would be insane on the track. Plus i bet it has insane resale value :lol:
Dude, an F1 car probably costs more than the entire north side of my town.  :lol:
That and it would be really fun to take it somewhere like Ft. Lauderdale and destroy the egos of every Ferrari owner there :praise:  

Fire It Up

That and it would be really fun to take it somewhere like Ft. Lauderdale and destroy the egos of every Ferrari owner there :praise:
With a Formula One car, you could destroy God's ego. :lol:

giant_mtb

Just wanted to say, they're nowhere near as fast as the others on roads because theyre pushing around....300HP while the others have between 600 (Indy) and 800 (F1).
So I'm stupid now, or what?  <_<  

Fire It Up

Huh?

giant_mtb

Huh?
Do you think I don't know how much power those cars are packing or something?  

Fire It Up

Huh?
I wasn't sure if you were implying that they were somewhere as fast as the others on pavement so I said it anyway. Hey, on these forums, you can never be sure what people don't know. I won't say any names.....

giant_mtb

Huh?
I wasn't sure if you were implying that they were somewhere as fast as the others on pavement so I said it anyway. Hey, on these forums, you can never be sure what people don't know. I won't say any names.....
I would never question if a rally car would be as fast as an F1 car on road.  <_<

But, if you like driving cars that basically drive themselves, and just feel like pushing the gas, braking, and steering with not much driver involvement besides pissing in your driving suit, go for it.

I'd much rather have a real car that actually requires some skill like throttle control and more than a touch of steering input.  Those F1 guys would absolutely die if it wasn't for their downforce and traction control.

I wouldn't mind being able to really drive the car without having to worry about snapping off an entire suspension link from a tiny bump in a wall.

JYODER240

Quoterally car.? they're fast anywhere, on any surface.
Huh?
I would never question if a rally car would be as fast as an F1 car on road.  <_<

But, if you like driving cars that basically drive themselves, and just feel like pushing the gas, braking, and steering with not much driver involvement besides pissing in your driving suit, go for it.

I'd much rather have a real car that actually requires some skill like throttle control and more than a touch of steering input.  Those F1 guys would absolutely die if it wasn't for their downforce and traction control.

I wouldn't mind being able to really drive the car without having to worry about snapping off an entire suspension link from a tiny bump in a wall.
You dont think F1 requires skill :blink:  

Raghavan

Huh?

You dont think F1 requires skill :blink:
No way does F1 require as much as Rally racing.

Raghavan

Nope, you're not. :praise:
Steve, keep in mind that rally cars are pretty fast on road, and monsters off road. Trying taking your F1 car offroad. I dont' think it'd survive 10 seconds off road. Rally cars are much more rounded. B)
I"ve made my choice. Rally cars it is. :praise:  

Why?

Don't forgot though that Rally Cars are artificially restricted by severe air inlet restricions. Take those out and they would be very powerful.

I'm no engineer, but a car that can create 500lb/ft of tourque while be restricted should be able to create a TON of hp and torque when the restrictor is taken out.

Raghavan

Don't forgot though that Rally Cars are artificially restricted by severe air inlet restricions. Take those out and they would be very powerful.

I'm no engineer, but a car that can create 500lb/ft of tourque while be restricted should be able to create a TON of hp and torque when the restrictor is taken out.
NIce. :praise:  

Fire It Up

Huh?

Wow, I take back what I said a few posts up.

Raghavan

Huh?

Wow, I take back what I said a few posts up.
So are you su rrendering! Woowoo! Chris is teh victor! :praise: