Mitsu Raider

Started by Raza , October 19, 2005, 12:13:40 PM

Raza

I don't know much about the truck itself, and you all know it's a rare occasion when I step into this dark corner of the forum, but I've seen a few commercials (or rather, one commercial a few times) and this truck looks pretty good in a rugged, quad cab, plastic on the outside, take the dirt road to work sort of way.  I'm not saying it's a car that I'd want to own, but it's pretty cool.

What do you guys think?  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

I think that it's a much better altenative to the Dakota, but i dunno if Mitsu would be around so i'd stay away from the truck.

Secret Chimp

I don't like the goofy-hippo front view, but the side profile is way cooler than the Dakota's. I like the wheel design they came up with.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

so cal cookie

I personally don't like it or the Dakota its based on.  Neither truck is really my cup of tea.

Raghavan

QuoteI personally don't like it or the Dakota its based on.  Neither truck is really my cup of tea.
Chevy troll. :angry:  :lol:  

so cal cookie

QuoteI personally don't like it or the Dakota its based on.  Neither truck is really my cup of tea.
:praise:  

Raghavan

QuoteI personally don't like it or the Dakota its based on.? Neither truck is really my cup of tea.
:praise:
:rolleyes:  ;)  

SaltyDog

QuoteI personally don't like it or the Dakota its based on.  Neither truck is really my cup of tea.
I think he drives a Honda/Isuzu SUV IIRC from C/D.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

so cal cookie

QuoteI personally don't like it or the Dakota its based on.? Neither truck is really my cup of tea.
Isuzu Rodeo.
Not bad, but not great either.

Raghavan

But his dad has a Silverado. ;)  

SaltyDog

Then his dad has a nice truck.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

so cal cookie

Then his dad has a nice truck.
:rockon:  

thewizard16

QuoteI personally don't like it or the Dakota its based on.  Neither truck is really my cup of tea.
I agree with him. I think the Raider is better looking than the Dakota, but that's as far as it's appeal goes with me. And that's not incredibly far.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

280Z Turbo

There's something weird about this truck:

It's like the body is too big for the cab.

I'm not impressed with the Dakota either. No Hemi, VERY HEAVY for a small pickup, and poor gas mileage. What's to like about these trucks?

giant_mtb

QuoteThere's something weird about this truck:

It's like the body is too big for the cab.

I'm not impressed with the Dakota either. No Hemi, VERY HEAVY for a small pickup, and poor gas mileage. What's to like about these trucks?
Whoah...you're right...the cab does look like it's too small for the rest of the body!  :blink:  <_<  :rolleyes:  :angry:  

ifcar

I think it's an optical illusion from the rearmost roof pillars, it looks fine in person.  

so cal cookie

Yeah, I saw four in person on the freeway the other day.  They look better in person, but I'd still buy a Frontier instead.

I got a good look at them because they were doing 55 in the middle lane pacing the trucks beside them. :angry:  :angry:  :angry: