Just missed a high speed police chase

Started by Mustangfan2003, May 27, 2012, 10:36:02 AM

Mustangfan2003

So I was driving back home from Tupelo, MS on the Natchez Trace and I met a deputies car with lights and siren flashing.  It is a bit unusual for them to use that road but I was thinking maybe he needed to take a short cut.  Then a few minuets later I met an M.H.P car and then I knew something had to be up

TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) -- Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson says charges are pending for a 17-year-old juvenile who led officers on a high-speed chase through three counties Saturday afternoon.

The chase ended on the Natchez Trace when the driver was ejected from his car following a wreck.

Itawamba County authorities say it all started when the driver of this vehicle was seen around 2:30 Saturday morning in the north part of the county.

Then later that day, a deputy noticed the car did not have a tag a little before 6 p.m. and thus began a high-speed pursuit.

'[The vehicle] went up into Prentiss County and wound up on the Natchez Trace. And as spike sticks were deployed, he avoided the sticks and lost control of the vehicle. Therefore, he crashed there."  Dickinson said.

That mishap is why the sheriff said he is seeking to charge the 17-year-old as an adult with aggravated assault, because he says the driver narrowly missed a state trooper who was laying down the spike sticks before the accident.

The driver was taken to the hospital and is said to have no life-threatening injuries. He has been released from the hospital but is still being watched by sheriff's deputies.

The sheriff said a 14-year-old female was with the 17-year-old and jumped out of the fleeing car  during the chase. She was later found in Prentiss County .

As to why the driver fled, Dickinson said he believes the driver is a suspect in some other Itawamba County incidents.

"He's going to be a suspect probably in some of our other stuff that we've been having, which is what started the whole thing to begin with," Dickinson said.

Neither person's name has been released because they're considered juveniles. Authorities said the car is possibly registered to someone in Georgia.

Dickinson also said the driver has admitted to throwing narcotics as well as drug paraphanalia out of his window during the chase.

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

AutobahnSHO

I'd heard MS authorities hassle anyone from out of town.

"Itawamba County authorities say it all started when the driver of this vehicle was seen around 2:30 Saturday morning in the north part of the county."

Then they didn't notice he was missing a license plate and try to pull him over at 6pm??????????????????????
How did they remember seeing him almost 4 hrs earlier?
Will

Mustangfan2003

AutobahnSHO

Sounds like they have not a lot of action going on so they remembered the out of towner- or the car was unique or special..

But I would guess the first one.
Will