Holden Efijy Concept

Started by GMPenguin, October 19, 2005, 04:49:11 PM

Raghavan

Anyway, i can't see holden or gm making this. It's too risky for them to make such a flamboyant car.

SaltyDog

They never make controversal designs, unlike Toyota(Scion), but their cars suck.  I don't know how the Asstek sliped by.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Raghavan

QuoteThey never make controversal designs, unlike Toyota(Scion), but their cars suck.  I don't know how the Asstek sliped by.
The designers were on crack. ;)  

280Z Turbo

QuoteThey never make controversal designs, unlike Toyota(Scion), but their cars suck.  I don't know how the Asstek sliped by.
I can think of at least 50 cars uglier than the Aztek. The post-2001 models are actually decent looking, IMO. I think the Montana looks worse than the Aztek.

It's all media hype like the "exploding" Pinto or the "deathtrap" Corvair. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this thing looks great!! It looks more like a super high-end street rod than a factory concept car. It reminds me of a '51 Merc.

cozmik

I am more and more convinced GM just needs to end all US operations except Cadillac. Just sell Opel, Saab, Holden, and Cadillac. Apparently they are the only ones with any sort of design or technological skill these days (or at least Saab did until they got castrated in 2000, but they should still be salvagable).  <_<  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

El Barto

QuoteI am more and more convinced GM just needs to end all US operations except Cadillac. Just sell Opel, Saab, Holden, and Cadillac. Apparently they are the only ones with any sort of design or technological skill these days (or at least Saab did until they got castrated in 2000, but they should still be salvagable).  <_<
2 American companies.  Make Corvette its own brand.   Screw Chevy.  
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

Raghavan

QuoteI am more and more convinced GM just needs to end all US operations except Cadillac. Just sell Opel, Saab, Holden, and Cadillac. Apparently they are the only ones with any sort of design or technological skill these days (or at least Saab did until they got castrated in 2000, but they should still be salvagable).? <_<
Why? The corvette is part of the reason why other chevy cars are being sold.

El Barto

QuoteI am more and more convinced GM just needs to end all US operations except Cadillac. Just sell Opel, Saab, Holden, and Cadillac. Apparently they are the only ones with any sort of design or technological skill these days (or at least Saab did until they got castrated in 2000, but they should still be salvagable).  <_<
because the other chevy cars are boring pieces of crap
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

280Z Turbo

QuoteI am more and more convinced GM just needs to end all US operations except Cadillac. Just sell Opel, Saab, Holden, and Cadillac. Apparently they are the only ones with any sort of design or technological skill these days (or at least Saab did until they got castrated in 2000, but they should still be salvagable).? <_<
Who wants to pay 50-60k for a sports car and have to go to a Chevy dealer for service?

Raghavan

Who wants to pay 50-60k for a sports car and have to go to a Chevy dealer for service?
I don't care. It's just for a service.

280Z Turbo

I don't care if you care!

The buyers care and they expect a better buying/owning experience than what Chevy can provide.

Raghavan

The buyers care and they expect a better buying/owning experience than what Chevy can provide.
:rolleyes:  

280Z Turbo

Don't roll your eyes at me. After googling the words: "Corvette own brand" this came up within 2 seconds. It's from AutoWeek forums:

I agree that the Corvette should be marketed as its own brand. I ordered a Z06 recently. I think it is going to be a great car. But it was kind of insulting sitting in that raggedy Chevrolet dealership next to left-over Malibu, Impala etc., plunking down 68 large for a sports car. The sales experience was awful and my guess is that the service experience will be the same.

Corvette should be marketed as its own brand with approximately four models. An entry model based on the Solstice/Sky (call it a Corvair), your standard Corvette, the Corvette Z06, and a Corvette Stingray based on the BlueDevil concept. They should be sold at new line of boutique stores, or Cadillac dealerships.

Raghavan

Don't roll your eyes at me. After googling the words: "Corvette own brand" this came up within 2 seconds. It's from AutoWeek forums:

I agree that the Corvette should be marketed as its own brand. I ordered a Z06 recently. I think it is going to be a great car. But it was kind of insulting sitting in that raggedy Chevrolet dealership next to left-over Malibu, Impala etc., plunking down 68 large for a sports car. The sales experience was awful and my guess is that the service experience will be the same.

Corvette should be marketed as its own brand with approximately four models. An entry model based on the Solstice/Sky (call it a Corvair), your standard Corvette, the Corvette Z06, and a Corvette Stingray based on the BlueDevil concept. They should be sold at new line of boutique stores, or Cadillac dealerships.
If the buyers cared so much, Chevy wouldn't have bought any now, would they?

Raza

You're kidding yourself if you don't think dealership experience has a lot to do with the ease and joy of ownership, and whether you'll become a repeat customer.  I won't go to a certain Mercedes dealership (Keenan Mercedes in Doylestown) because of the poor service I've gotten there, and that continually pushes my family and I to Princeton Motors, since our experiences there have been nothing short of fantastic.  I won't go to Mike Piazza Honda, except for maybe to smear shit on all the door handles, and there aren't any other close Honda dealers except for Keenan Honda of Doylestown, so if that service is anything like Keenan Mercedes, then it has, in effect, wiped all Hondas off of my list of cars that I would ever buy (not that I had anything but the S2000, but still).  Dealership experience is almost as important as the car when it comes to owner satisfaction.

Besides, who wants to drop off a 60K car and drive around a Cavalier all day?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GMPenguin

QuoteAnd it's also the reason why I'm confused on why someone would even give a car that name, even if they do spell it differently.
The name (and whole car) is supposedly based of of the old FJ Holden, actually.  While on PCP they made the connection of FJ and Efijy. ^_^

FJ Holden:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~henley/Tahanincar.jpg