My friend passed on the 968

Started by BMWDave, October 20, 2005, 04:16:32 PM

BMWDave

QuoteHow about this one?  I'd love to have this car, very nice with low mileage! :rockon: Some day. :(

Ebay
Thats a beautiful car, but its a Cabriolet.  My friend doesnt like convertibles.  So thats out of the question.

I've noticed there are a lot more cabriolets than coupes for sale here.  Additionally, the cab is a much less safe car, as it doesnt have reinforcing in the A pillar, so the whole front windscreen can easily get knocked down in a collision or such.

But thanks for the ad :rockon:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Man, 20 grand for that and the reserve hasn't been met?  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteMan, 20 grand for that and the reserve hasn't been met?
It only has 13K or so miles.  Thats almost nothing, probably one of the least mileage 968s out there.  The car is in beautiful condition, in and out.  I would think this car would go for about 25K.  Owners dont like parting with their cars, especially low mileage 968s.  You can never go by book value on cars like the 968, they are never accurate.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Just seems like a bad value to me, even if it is a good price.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteJust seems like a bad value to me, even if it is a good price.
Porsches have never been good values ;)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Sure they have.  A 911 Turbo is a better value than a Ferrari 360, a Boxster S is a better value than a Maserati Spyder, a 944 Turbo is a better value than a 968.

:D  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Sure they have.  A 911 Turbo is a better value than a Ferrari 360, a Boxster S is a better value than a Maserati Spyder, a 944 Turbo is a better value than a 968.

If you look at it that, youre right :lol:

I'm going to ask my friend to look into this (its a bit far from me though).  

944 Turbo, 350 hp, 93K miles, 10K dollars.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

If you look at it that, youre right :lol:

I'm going to ask my friend to look into this (its a bit far from me though).  

944 Turbo, 350 hp, 93K miles, 10K dollars.
Awesome. :rockon:  

BMWDave

I'm very worried about the reliability of modded 944s.  A 944 isnt a reliable car to begin with, and with mods and all, it can be really bad.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteI'm very worried about the reliability of modded 944s.  A 944 isnt a reliable car to begin with, and with mods and all, it can be really bad.
Is the red one you just posted modded?

BMWDave

QuoteI'm very worried about the reliability of modded 944s.  A 944 isnt a reliable car to begin with, and with mods and all, it can be really bad.
Is the red one you just posted modded?
Yes.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

I've never heard bad things about 944 Turbo reliability, but with any turbo engine, modification and long life can often lead to disaster.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

QuoteHow about this one?  I'd love to have this car, very nice with low mileage! :rockon: Some day. :(

Ebay
Thats a beautiful car, but its a Cabriolet.  My friend doesnt like convertibles.  So thats out of the question.

I've noticed there are a lot more cabriolets than coupes for sale here.  Additionally, the cab is a much less safe car, as it doesnt have reinforcing in the A pillar, so the whole front windscreen can easily get knocked down in a collision or such.

Wear a helmet, that's a nice car! :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteHow about this one?? I'd love to have this car, very nice with low mileage! :rockon: Some day. :(

Ebay

:lol:  :rockon:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteHow about this one?? I'd love to have this car, very nice with low mileage! :rockon: Some day. :(

Ebay

:lol: