MrH's BRZ Thread

Started by MrH, June 24, 2012, 10:23:32 PM

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on July 12, 2012, 06:03:43 AM
For practical purposes, less than the difference between 20 and 35, in addition to the way sunglasses are worn. Sunglasses being more than 2x as dark and worn on the face means they are not remotely "like" window tint.

IIRC it's an exponential function. You cant't really even tell the difference between 100 and 70.

Dude, what the fucking fuck is wrong with you?  If you like your dumbass tint, that's up to you.  But to say it's not like wearing sunglasses because one person said a number that's unverified is completely fucking moronic.  I don't care tiny fucking nuance you can try to say about wearing sunglasses on the face--I mean, give me a fucking break, tinting is tinting--or that you ignore the fact that sunglasses can have varying degrees of tint that aren't universally 20%. 

I don't understand with you and these other sensitive motherfuckers never admitting that they're wrong.  You're fucking wrong.  Get over it.  Stop being such a moronic douchebag fuck.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MrH

Well, actually he's right though.  How dark it looks is not just a matter of how much light is hitting it, but also how much light is shining through on the other side.  With sunglasses, you have your face right on the other side.  There really isn't any light shining from your face and out the front of the glasses.  In a car however, you have light coming through the front windshield almost completely untinted (all cars have a slight factory tint), and also light coming in through the other tinted windows all around.

20% tint on a car is totally different than 20% on sunglasses.  And you're saying he's sensitive?  Come on Raza, lighten up, you're the one who just flipped out :cheers:

Anyways, none of this matters.  Stop clogging my thread you whores.  I worked out final numbers yesterday, bank cut the check for the small loan and are over nighting it to the dealership,  trade-in value has been set.  Just a matter of the car arriving and picking it up now :rockon:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MrH on July 12, 2012, 07:55:25 AM
Well, actually he's right though.  How dark it looks is not just a matter of how much light is hitting it, but also how much light is shining through on the other side.  With sunglasses, you have your face right on the other side.  There really isn't any light shining from your face and out the front of the glasses.  In a car however, you have light coming through the front windshield almost completely untinted (all cars have a slight factory tint), and also light coming in through the other tinted windows all around.

20% tint on a car is totally different than 20% on sunglasses.  And you're saying he's sensitive?  Come on Raza, lighten up, you're the one who just flipped out :cheers:

Anyways, none of this matters.  Stop clogging my thread you whores.  I worked out final numbers yesterday, bank cut the check for the small loan and are over nighting it to the dealership,  trade-in value has been set.  Just a matter of the car arriving and picking it up now :rockon:

You're telling me that a tinted rear window doesn't affect how you see out of it when you look through the back to reverse? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

Quote from: Raza  on July 12, 2012, 07:14:37 AM

I don't understand with you and these other sensitive motherfuckers never admitting that they're wrong.  You're fucking wrong.  Get over it.  Stop being such a moronic douchebag fuck.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on July 12, 2012, 08:35:54 AM
You're telling me that a tinted rear window doesn't affect how you see out of it when you look through the back to reverse? 

That's not what I'm saying at all :confused:

Did you read my post or not?
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MrH

Quote from: Rupert on July 12, 2012, 01:25:23 AM
100 - 35 = 65; 35 - 15 = 20.

Putting tint on your front windows is about a step above tinting your headlight lenses.

Well, that's incorrect too actually.

35% is 65% darker than no tint (which no modern car is at).

15% is actually lets in 57% less light than 35%.  So in fact, it's almost twice as dark as 35%.

And your ability to see isn't linearly dependent on the amount of light available.  There's these things called pupils, you see.  And they can expand and contract to adjust for light.  There's a huge drop off in your ability to see after you get to a certain light level.

Then there's also the fact that there is light on both sides of the glass with windows, as opposed to just one side with sunglasses.

So the claim that it's like wearing sunglasses all the time?  Yeah, pretty ridiculous.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27655.msg1747867#msg1747867 date=1342103754

My rear window is tinted 35% (came that way new, bought it in Arizona), and I don't even notice it. I've been in cars with darker tint that did cause nighttime visibility issues but 35% isn't anything. It is absolutely nothing like wearing an average pair of sunglasses at night, anymore than whispering to someone is like screaming at them.

And speaking of screaming at people, calm down mang, there's no reason to get so upset over this.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Cookie Monster

This thread sucks now. To be expected from this forum, I guess.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Tave

Quote from: thecarnut on July 12, 2012, 09:51:31 AM
This thread sucks now. To be expected from this forum, I guess.

OH YEAH? YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TOO YOU COCK SUCKING DOUCHEBAG MOTHERFUCKER? WELL WHY DON'T YOU STEP INTO THE FUCKING TORTURE CHAMBER SO I CAN SPREAD MY FUCKS ALL OVER YOUR FUCKING FACE?

/Raza
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Raza

Dude, if Farris weren't such a fucking dick about his bullshit little faggoty flippant matter-of-fact know-it-all fuckface response, I wouldn't have gone off on him the way he deserved.  Like is not equal, it's as simple as fucking that.  If you can't get that through your thick fucking skulls then I don't know how you function. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27655.msg1747902#msg1747902 date=1342109418
Dude, if Farris weren't such a fucking dick about his bullshit little faggoty flippant matter-of-fact know-it-all fuckface response, I wouldn't have gone off on him the way he deserved.  Like is not equal, it's as simple as fucking that.  If you can't get that through your thick fucking skulls then I don't know how you function.  

Yeah, you sure showed him. I think it was the sixth "fuck" that did it.

A mouse is like a buffalo. They both have fur, four legs, ears, eyes, a mouth, a nose, and a tail. Buffalo are dangerous, therefore mice are dangerous, because a mouse is like a buffalo.

Eye of the Tiger

I don't think anyone here really knows if like is like is, or if like is is. Irregardless, they are equal in some ways, but not in all ways.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: Tave on July 12, 2012, 10:22:43 AM
Yeah, you sure showed him. I think it was the sixth "fuck" that did it.

A mouse is like a buffalo. They both have fur, four legs, ears, eyes, a mouth, a nose, and a tail. Buffalo are dangerous, therefor mice are dangerous, because a mouse is like a buffalo.

Yup, that's exactly what I said. 

Look, maybe I overreacted.  But I'm right.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

giant_mtb

Quote from: Tave on July 12, 2012, 10:00:40 AM
OH YEAH? YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TOO YOU COCK SUCKING DOUCHEBAG MOTHERFUCKER? WELL WHY DON'T YOU STEP INTO THE FUCKING TORTURE CHAMBER SO I CAN SPREAD MY FUCKS ALL OVER YOUR FUCKING FACE?

/Raza

That.  Is great.

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on July 12, 2012, 10:37:40 AM
Yup, that's exactly what I said. 

Look, maybe I overreacted.  But I'm right.

You're so angry and concerned with being right, you skipped my post that proved you aren't :lol:

ANYWAYS.  Yeah, this forum sucks.  The BRZ is in.  Paying most of it in cash, but taking a small loan out for some added flexibility.  Check for the loan gets to the dealership tomorrow morning, and I pick up the car tomorrow at 4 PM or so :rockon:

Needless to say, I'm excited.  Btw, I got $14,900 on trade in for my Miata.  That gives me a $1,100 tax advantage too.  Adding those together, $16k for the miata.  I paid $16,600 2 years and 20k+ miles ago :wtf:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Eye of the Tiger

Raza

Quote from: MrH on July 12, 2012, 11:35:42 AM
You're so angry and concerned with being right, you skipped my post that proved you aren't :lol:

No, I ignored it because you're fixating on one number that someone said about what kind of light that sunglasses let in.  I have multiple pairs of sunglasses and no two let in the same amount of light. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

giant_mtb

Quote from: MrH on July 12, 2012, 11:35:42 AM
I pick up the car tomorrow at 4 PM or so :rockon:

Epic. :rockon:

The BRZ is, literally, the first car that has made me wish I'd have known about it two years ago...I damn well would have waited and not gotten the A4, even if the BRZ is way less practical/useable.  Fuck!  Maybe once I get a real job with some real cash inflow I could sell the Audi.  Or have them both! :mask:

MrH

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 12, 2012, 11:37:37 AM
I don't know how you do it

Do what?  Trade cars like a boss!?

Like how my Protege5 sat in my parent's drive way for 8 months and appreciated $1300 :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Laconian

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 12, 2012, 11:44:09 AM
Epic. :rockon:

The BRZ is, literally, the first car that has made me wish I'd have known about it two years ago...I damn well would have waited and not gotten the A4, even if the BRZ is way less practical/useable.  Fuck!  Maybe once I get a real job with some real cash inflow I could sell the Audi.  Or have them both! :mask:
You might be able to sell the A4 and buy a BRZ outright.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Congratulations dude.  Post lots of pics. 

I'm seriously quite happy for you.  This is a great car and I'm sure you'll like it a lot. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MrH on July 12, 2012, 11:46:15 AM
Do what?  Trade cars like a boss!?

Like how my Protege5 sat in my parent's drive way for 8 months and appreciated $1300 :lol:

That's bullshit :lol:

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on July 12, 2012, 11:45:30 AM
No student loans.

Also bullshit.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Laconian on July 12, 2012, 11:53:18 AM
You might be able to sell the A4 and buy a BRZ outright.

Probably.  I've still got a damn dent that needs fixing (holy shit, I should probably get that into a body shop soon) and it needs tires, but beyond that, it's still an essentially perfect vehicle.

But I still need to get around in the winter (Bravvy's gone, so we no longer have an extra 4x4, and I certainly can't afford one) and the insurance would probably be a (large) bit more.

Eye of the Tiger

I find that myself, in regards to leaping onto the bandwagon of the BRZFRS, I am greatly anticipating the leap, but being let down due to finances.

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on July 12, 2012, 11:53:27 AM
Congratulations dude.  Post lots of pics. 

I'm seriously quite happy for you.  This is a great car and I'm sure you'll like it a lot. 

Thanks.  I seriously recommend test driving one.  One test drive was enough to sell me on it.  There isn't a car under $60k I would rather have.  You gotta get in Cayman, M3 range to get the same kind of sharpness in a car, and those cars are so far out of my range, I think I'll be content for quite a bit with this car.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

MrH

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 12, 2012, 11:59:35 AM
Probably.  I've still got a damn dent that needs fixing (holy shit, I should probably get that into a body shop soon) and it needs tires, but beyond that, it's still an essentially perfect vehicle.

But I still need to get around in the winter (Bravvy's gone, so we no longer have an extra 4x4, and I certainly can't afford one) and the insurance would probably be a (large) bit more.

I doubt it.  Insurance is pretty cheap.  I'm only paying $411/6-months!  I have USAA though, which is the shit and super cheap.  It's the best ever.

Get snow tires and drive a BRZ all year.  That's what I'm doing.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

giant_mtb

Quote from: MrH on July 12, 2012, 12:35:58 PM
I doubt it.  Insurance is pretty cheap.  I'm only paying $411/6-months!  I have USAA though, which is the shit and super cheap.  It's the best ever.

Get snow tires and drive a BRZ all year.  That's what I'm doing.

I wish I could do that.  I don't even have the cash inflow to spare for a second set of tires. :mask: :lol:

Laconian

Maybe you'd make a profit and have money for FRSBRZ and tirez.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT