MrH's BRZ Thread

Started by MrH, June 24, 2012, 10:23:32 PM

Eye of the Tiger

I liked drifting my old long bed Chebby truck. So easy to control. It was like slow motion.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 14, 2012, 05:54:05 PM
Yep. Holy mother of polar inertia, batman.

Once that shit gets out: it stays out.

Unless your name is Fernando Alonso:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fauVIrPVXpY

I still don't understand how he saved that after going onto the turf.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Secret Chimp

I drifted waggin in the snow once. Felt good man.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

mzziaz

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 14, 2012, 07:44:46 PM
Unless your name is Fernando Alonso:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fauVIrPVXpY

I still don't understand how he saved that after going onto the turf.

That is fucking amazing!
Cuore Sportivo

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 14, 2012, 01:19:31 PM
I got the Caddy's tail out for the very first time just a few months ago. Completely unintentional. Now I realize how weight is the enemy of spirited driving :mask:

First time?  I've had the tail out on my Jetta dozens of times. Dry and snow.  Snow can be scary because it sort of comes out even if you don't want it to.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza  on July 15, 2012, 05:41:32 AM
First time?  I've had the tail out on my Jetta dozens of times. Dry and snow.  Snow can be scary because it sort of comes out even if you don't want it to.

Drifted my FWD SHO at 20mph totally by accident. Ended up looking the way I'd come, the way I wanted to go was behind me...
Totally icy hardpack...
Will

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Okay. Less interiors, and more 0-100-0 vids.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Middle_Path

I was doing an auto-x once in a Boxster. Before the final turn was close to a 360 degree circle skidpad to the finish. I came in too fast, lost it, and the front end started pointing at the cones. I managed to save it through the skidpad, my time was screwed, but people gave me a huge applause. I wish I had video of it. Drifting nose first around a circle of cones to the finish line and saving it.

TL;DR: Nose was pointed at apex for almost a full circle and I saved it somehow. Probably needed new tires after that.  :(
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Onslaught

Thanks for the shot of your GPS. Now I know what house to TP.

Shoot a video of the engine bay. Nothing better then a brand new engine that's all clean.

AutobahnSHO

ugh I'm scared.

This video is a good review with a little drive, takes a sharp corner marked 20mph at 40mph and just blows through it casually, but at the end says "those tailpipes are a little too small. Gonna have to fix that soon."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=--1SSf9sixg&feature=endscreen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KEEP THE RICERZ AWAY!!!!
Will

AutobahnSHO

Anyone translate Japanese??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Oh_4S40KyHs&feature=endscreen

American audience wouldn't get this one anyway- I saw an old Subie like that on ebay a while back, non-running for just a few hundred bucks. Would be fun to rebuild and do parades or BRZ rallies or whatever...   :lol:
Will

Onslaught

Oh, the Ricerz will be all over these things.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MrH

Quote from: Raza  on July 15, 2012, 08:09:27 AM
:lol:

Love the shout out,

:lol: had to set the record straight.

Quote from: Onslaught on July 15, 2012, 08:23:31 AM
Thanks for the shot of your GPS. Now I know what house to TP.

Shoot a video of the engine bay. Nothing better then a brand new engine that's all clean.

I will later.  The engine is basically dragging on the ground and up against the fire wall.  A turbo would be really difficult to route in there.  The view out is pretty crazy because the hood is soooo low.  The middle of the hood just drops off out of sight, and the fenders flare up a lot higher on each side.  Pretty cool view.

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 15, 2012, 08:33:04 AM
ugh I'm scared.

This video is a good review with a little drive, takes a sharp corner marked 20mph at 40mph and just blows through it casually, but at the end says "those tailpipes are a little too small. Gonna have to fix that soon."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=--1SSf9sixg&feature=endscreen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KEEP THE RICERZ AWAY!!!!

Fuck that guy.  Don't watch his videos.  He's all over the BRZ forums promotin his shit.  He's made a million videos. and now he's bitching about how he doesn't love the car and how he was considering a GT-R too.  He's a spoiled little shit.  I think his parents pay for everything.  Now he's saying that there isn't enough "drama" in the car.  He's a wanna-be clarkson/harris, and now is just being controversial for the sake of it to try and views.  It's pretty sad.  Pretty much reads just like that EVO review.

There's a bad ass review I saw the other day on the car.  I'll post a link when I find it again.  Also, about the exhaust tips: they actually are smaller than the JDM ones.  The JDM ones are 86 mm in diameter (same as the stroke, same as the bore, etc).  They look really good.

Quote from: Onslaught on July 15, 2012, 08:37:32 AM
Oh, the Ricerz will be all over these things.

I'll be doing the opposite.  Taillights will be all red soon, and much classier :praise:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MrH on July 15, 2012, 10:14:01 AM
:lol: had to set the record straight.

Although, technically, it could have been anyone giving a shout out to anyone else named Raza.  You weren't CarSPIN specific.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Payman

Quote from: Raza  on July 15, 2012, 10:16:02 AM
Although, technically, it could have been anyone giving a shout out to anyone else named Raza.  You weren't CarSPIN specific.

Lol fuckface.

GoCougs

Congrats - new cars are all sorts of fun. From here on out I'll definitely be on much shorter rotation than in times past.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on July 15, 2012, 10:16:02 AM

Obviously he should've said your whole name on youtube
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

GoCougs

As to this spike in drifting stories, the G doesn't allow too much. Even with stability control "off" it will still intervene to a moderate extent, plus the AWD won't allow for much of it anyway, though it keeps it on the edge - I have yet to get the car to plow or understeer.

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on July 13, 2012, 07:24:10 PM
You guys are going to be so disappointed by my lame video :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLESL1G-OnI

Good to see the new car, man.  It looks pretty sweet.  Good luck with it.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Gotta-Qik-C7

I just saw one the exact same color as yours. But the owner had the front plate drilled into the right side of the bumper NEXT the black insert!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CALL_911

Wowowowow am I jealous. Congrats man, here's to many miles of happy motoring.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on July 15, 2012, 05:41:32 AM

Yeah. I'm actually surprised that it even happened because the stability control is usually pretty quick in calling an end to the shenanigans

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 15, 2012, 07:42:59 PM
Yeah. I'm actually surprised that it even happened because the stability control is usually pretty quick in calling an end to the shenanigans

Fun fact: the parking brake stops the traction and stability control programs from running in most cars; even those that won't ever noramlly go ff entirely, enough pressure on the parking brak eto light up the warning light and it stops running.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 15, 2012, 07:42:59 PM

It all depends on the programming of allowable yawn rates and wheel spin.  It's not at all uncommon for spotty rides to have the systems allow 20-30 degrees of yawn before intervention.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Secret Chimp

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 15, 2012, 07:46:30 PM
Fun fact: the parking brake stops the traction and stability control programs from running in most cars; even those that won't ever noramlly go ff entirely, enough pressure on the parking brak eto light up the warning light and it stops running.

Useless fact if it's one of those idiot push on/push off type brakes, though.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Secret Chimp on July 15, 2012, 10:00:05 PM
Useless fact if it's one of those idiot push on/push off type brakes, though.

Well, its not of great use in any case.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator