Spyshots: Mercedes S Class

Started by Fire It Up, May 15, 2005, 07:44:15 PM

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

Is it just me or does the rear wheel look smaller than the front? lol  Style-wise they need to make the fender bulges a little smaller...they make the wheels look puny and the rest of the car look big, heavy, and bloated.  Otherwise it looks nice...but I mean it's nothing to write home about.  <_<  (not very many MB's are...)

Lebowski

Ugh, that's awful.  The line of the trunk lid, the tail lights, and the fender bulges are all terrible.

BMWDave

QuoteUgh, that's awful.  The line of the trunk lid, the tail lights, and the fender bulges are all terrible.
I wouldnt go that far, but the current S Klasse is a better design IMO.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

QuoteUgh, that's awful.  The line of the trunk lid, the tail lights, and the fender bulges are all terrible.
I'll have to agree. And if previous spy shots are any indication, the interior is not likely to impress either.  

Fire It Up

QuoteUgh, that's awful.  The line of the trunk lid, the tail lights, and the fender bulges are all terrible.
I wouldnt go that far, but the current S Klasse is a better design IMO.
^^^What he said.^^^

BMWDave

QuoteUgh, that's awful.  The line of the trunk lid, the tail lights, and the fender bulges are all terrible.
I'll have to agree. And if previous spy shots are any indication, the interior is not likely to impress either.
Since all spy shots basically looked the same as this car, we have reason to assume that the interior is the same as the spy shots as well, and when I saw the interior, I was hardly impressed at its over BMW-ness.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Since all spy shots basically looked the same as this car, we have reason to assume that the interior is the same as the spy shots as well, and when I saw the interior, I was hardly impressed at its over BMW-ness.
It's possible that they modified the interior since the last shots that showed it (it may have been over a year, more than enough time).

Catman

Ooooo, not sure I like that.

mazda6er

QuoteOoooo, not sure I like that.

What are they thinking?   :(

The front looks twice as bad as the rear!
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Secret Chimp

I could see the rear half working somehow, but the front looks like it was a rejected style for the M-class that they squashed down a bit for use on a sedan. It reminds me of an MPV minivan (which looks fine for a minivan, but like this it looks like crap)

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TurboDan

Hmm..  I don't like this one.  The "lip" of the wheel wells are absolutely huge and distract from the overall conservative design of the car.  In addition, the front grille is reminiscent of the Lexus LS, which (while a beautiful car itself) is not something to be copied several years later by another car that is supposed to be even more exclusive.

Raza

Still not enough to say--plenty of camoflage on that car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

QuoteStill not enough to say--plenty of camoflage on that car.

I hope youre being sarcastic.  

Raza

I hope you're blind...there's plenty of body colored cladding which hide the true shape of  the car.  I'll make a judgment when I see a final product.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

Submariner

I accualy like the exterior.  Although I believe the perfect design would be a sleeker W220 style.

However, that interior... :(  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

BMWDave

I hope you're blind...there's plenty of body colored cladding which hide the true shape of  the car.  I'll make a judgment when I see a final product.
Could you elaborate?  I dont exactly know what youre talking about.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Could you elaborate?  I dont exactly know what youre talking about.
The true shape of the car looks entirely visible to me as well.  

Fire It Up

Maybe Raza's blind.  :P  

BMWDave

QuoteMaybe Raza's blind.  :P
He certainly hopes that you are.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

QuoteMaybe Raza's blind.  :P
He certainly hopes that you are.
:lol: