***Today's Shoot: 2011 Peugeot RCZ THP200***

Started by cawimmer430, September 02, 2012, 03:41:03 PM

cawimmer430

Oh yeah. Shot a French babe today - and she was gorgeous.  :wub:

Take a look at this beautiful car, take a breath, exhale and then say it. Say... "Screw you, Consumer Reports. Screw you so hard! Why can't we have this car in America because of YOU, yes YOU!!!"  :praise:

I have always admired the Peugeot RCZ. It's the "better Audi TT" - cheaper, more features, better drive (when compared to the standard FWD Audi TT) and in terms of design much classier, athletic and imposing. Make no mistake - the RCZ is not a small car. They're very rare in Germany as people tend to go for the boring Audi TT and boring BMW 1er coupes, so the RCZ is essentially an exotic. This was made clear at our shooting location - the historic city of N?rnberg and at a historic location - the Zeppelinfeld (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeppelinfeld).

This is the top of the line model, the THP200. It's powered by a 1.6-l transversely-mounted turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 200-horsepower driving the front wheels. This engine is also found in the MINI Cooper S I believe, so Americans are going to be familiar with it (apparently Peugeot had a hand in developing the motor as well). The owner incidentally is on his second Peugeot RCZ. His first RCZ was the diesel-powered version. He liked it but he grew tired of it so he switched to a gas-powered model. Incidentally, this guy drives all over Germany on business so the diesel-powered RCZ actually made more sense as you get greater range and better gas mileage. But he stated that he likes to track it from time to time and the gas model is just so much more responsive and agile (and sounds better).

The interior is really beautiful. It's on the same level as that of the Audi TT in my opinion and far above even the best BMW 1-Series Coupe/Convertible interior. A beautiful and comfortable place to be.

I really enjoyed todays shoot. The car was 100% stock with no modifications. A beautiful machine indeed. The Peugeot RCZ is definitely one of my dream cars, but sadly it's so impractical because the boot is small and the interior only has enough room for two adults up front. It's a terrible car to haul around all my gear in - wait a second, it's IMPOSSIBLE to do that with this car.

So I just returned home after spending nearly two hours driving to and two hours driving back from N?rnberg. Had my little 143-hp underpowered "shitbox" up at 200 km/h most of the way (try doing that in a Ford Excursion 6.8 V10!!!), except for those pesky 120 km/h zones, oh, and a 12 km traffic jam that had me creeping along at around 10 km/h...for 12 km...ugh.  :rage:

Anyway, stay tuned for the edited photos!

Detailed snapshots taken before I set up my lights...

This shot is for Raza. Getting hard yet, old boy?  :lol:

Behind the scenes behind the Zeppelinfeld...

Here we see the Peugeot RCZ next to my car for size comparison purpose. The RCZ is wide and huge (and very imposing). It's not a small car by any means.

Pictures of the Zeppelinfeld

FROM WIKIPEDIA: The Zeppelin Field (in German: Zeppelinfeld) is located east of the Great Road. It consists of a large grandstand (Zeppelinhaupttrib?ne) with a width of 360 meters (400 yards) and a smaller stand. It was one of Albert Speer's first works for the Nazi party and was based upon the Pergamon Altar. The grandstand is famous as the building that had the swastika blown from atop it in 1945, after Germany's fall in World War II.

From 1947 to 1995 the Nurnberg American High School, a DoDDS facility, used the field (called 'Soldiers Field') for high school football and soccer. In the 1970s, the pillars were removed for safety reasons. Years of neglect had taken their toll. The rest of the stand is intact and used as the centerpiece of the Norisring motor racing track. The German leg of the traveling heavy metal festival Monsters of Rock was held here twice during the 1980s. Another part of the grounds is home to a campground.

Kongresshalle in N?rnberg across the pond from the Zeppelinfeld...

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Whoops. Silly me. It's not RWD, no V8 and it's not Japanese, so nobody cares!  :devil:

But it has a MANUAL TRANSMISSION!  :huh:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

LonghornTX

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 03, 2012, 12:15:44 PM
Whoops. Silly me. It's not RWD, no V8 and it's not Japanese, so nobody cares!  :devil:

But it has a MANUAL TRANSMISSION!  :huh:

You take good pictures, but I just think that car is pretty terrible to look at.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

cawimmer430

Quote from: LonghornTX on September 03, 2012, 12:27:32 PM
You take good pictures, but I just think that car is pretty terrible to look at.

Thanks.  ;)

Design is subjective. Personally I don't find anything in the current Peugeot lineup that attractive except for the RCZ. They're really quite stunning in person in my opinion. I definitely want this thing if I had the space.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

LonghornTX

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 03, 2012, 12:29:00 PM
Thanks.  ;)

Design is subjective. Personally I don't find anything in the current Peugeot lineup that attractive except for the RCZ. They're really quite stunning in person in my opinion. I definitely want this thing if I had the space.  :ohyeah:
This is true. I have never seen one in person, and I know that does sometimes make a big difference. Tis' the beauty of automotive design
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

cawimmer430

Quote from: LonghornTX on September 03, 2012, 12:36:40 PM
This is true. I have never seen one in person, and I know that does sometimes make a big difference. Tis' the beauty of automotive design

Indeed. In person cars tend to look so much better. Seeing the proportions and curves upfront really does work wonders.

You could be the first American to try and import one! They're quite "cheap" here at 25,000 Euros starting price. The THP200 (the model shown here) with 200-horsepower is also quite lively but suffers from severe torque steer under hard acceleration.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AltinD

I'm sorry Wimmer but overhere the 136 HP FWD model costs the same as the VW Scirocco R with 265 HP and AWD, and more then the Golf R. Yeah design might be interesting but the interiours are meeeeh

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

r0tor

I see nothing on this thats more desireable then a TT
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

2o6

I've seen live photos of it compared to an Audi TT, and the Peugeot is far lower and longer. It's a hot little car.

cawimmer430

Quote from: AltinD on September 03, 2012, 01:26:25 PM
I'm sorry Wimmer but overhere the 136 HP FWD model costs the same as the VW Scirocco R with 265 HP and AWD, and more then the Golf R. Yeah design might be interesting but the interiours are meeeeh

I like the Volkswagen Scirocco. It's a hot little car, but in terms of design I FEEL the Peugeot RCZ has got it beat all the way.  ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: r0tor on September 03, 2012, 02:23:46 PM
I see nothing on this thats more desireable then a TT

The TT is so common here. If you want individuality and want to be different, the RCZ is a compelling choice. The RCZ THP200 even smoked a BMW 128i Coupe on a track (better handling to according to the review) in a German review a year ago.

The Audi TT has never interested, neither has the 1-Series Coupe/Convertible. The RCZ on the other hand... :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: LonghornTX on September 03, 2012, 12:27:32 PM

French cars are ALWAYS ugly. ;)
Will

cawimmer430

Hey Will, have you been to N?rnberg? Have you been to this location?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Eh, it looks like an Eclipse had a baby with a TT and turned out French.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 03, 2012, 04:00:05 PM
Hey Will, have you been to N?rnberg? Have you been to this location?

Don't think so. But where is it? Google maps keeps switching over to Nuremberg, which we didn't go to.
We went to some n-berg near Stuttgart and they had a big Christmas market...
Will

MexicoCityM3

I've seen 2 or 3 on the streets around here. Very rare, too expensive for what it is. I'd get a base TT over this every time.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on September 03, 2012, 04:52:47 PM
Eh, it looks like an Eclipse had a baby with a TT and turned out French.

But it has a manual transmission. That's all that matters!  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 03, 2012, 05:42:29 PM
Don't think so. But where is it? Google maps keeps switching over to Nuremberg, which we didn't go to.
We went to some n-berg near Stuttgart and they had a big Christmas market...

Nuremberg and N?rnberg are the same thing.  ;)

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurnberg

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 03, 2012, 06:26:29 PM
I've seen 2 or 3 on the streets around here. Very rare, too expensive for what it is. I'd get a base TT over this every time.

At least they're sold in Mexico. Some parts of the world can't enjoy this beauty.  :winkguy:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

A teaser of things to come. FWD burnouts are so cool.  :lol:

^I had to add the glow and reflections of red brake lights on the background and tarmac. Realism is my goal.^  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

As someone who has done lots of FWD burnouts, they're only cool until the smoke starts coming in through the vents and your car smells like burning tires for weeks.  I like FWD, but burnouts are not something they do well.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on September 04, 2012, 03:33:14 PM
As someone who has done lots of FWD burnouts, they're only cool until the smoke starts coming in through the vents and your car smells like burning tires for weeks.  I like FWD, but burnouts are not something they do well.

True. But in Photoshop one can screw around and at least make the photo interesting that way.

By the way, for 0.01 seconds I was flirting with the idea of making the rear wheels do a burn out...  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

I know what you're all thinking: "FWD burnouts are awesome! That takes talent!"  :lol:

This is what I have so far...

I'm especially proud of this one. Free Peugeot RCZ Wallpaper to the person who tells me what I did here...

Still have about 17 more images to go...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 06, 2012, 04:29:04 PM

Free Peugeot RCZ Wallpaper to the person who tells me what I did here...

You, uh...added the artificial sun?

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 06, 2012, 06:55:18 PM
You, uh...added the artificial sun?

Nope. Those rays are artificial, but there's more to the photo than the rays. Remember - good car photography locations in Germany pretty much suck. I have to improvise a bit in Photoshop!!!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT666

You mirrored the monument or whatever it is and erased the ladder to the roof.  Don't bother with giving me the wallpaper though.  No matter how good your pictures are (and they are fantastic), the car is ugly.

cawimmer430

Quote from: SVT666 on September 07, 2012, 12:07:35 AM
You mirrored the monument or whatever it is and erased the ladder to the roof.  Don't bother with giving me the wallpaper though.  No matter how good your pictures are (and they are fantastic), the car is ugly.

Correct. Here's the original...

Let me know when I can shoot your Focus!  :praise:  :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT666

CJ

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 07, 2012, 03:23:47 AM
Correct. Here's the original...

Let me know when I can shoot your Focus!  :praise:  :cheers:

This is a much nicer picture than the photoshop.